• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Live Studio performance! Guar Plains, You Will Know Our Names & more!

hekkutah

Neo Member
Zch2AWw.gif

Jezan

Engage the enemy!!!! <3
Mechanical Rythm <3 <3

Nintendo, Symphony of the Monado when?

Colony 9 > Gaur Plains

These were played during the Nicovideo stream. some people took it to themselves to upload them. At least a 720p version of these now exists with these official uploads (the bitrate on the audio should be a bit better).

If there isn't going to be an official release (because that means someone else also gets money) it is the next best thing. Shame it came too late for say, Nintendo World 2011.

Since Nintendo has a Mobile initiative how about selling these songs on ITunes
Giving Apple 30%? You must be kidding. Maybe the DeNA and Nintendo fun club spectacular membership rewards scheme will have digital soundtracks...

wmlk

People misspelling 'Gaur Plains' as 'Guar Plains' bothers me way more than it should.

Exactly. I think she's not getting tons of love when Xenoblade music is being discussed.

She also composed some of the worst ambient tracks in the OST.

She's a mixed bag whereas ACE+ generally composed mostly good tracks.

Manami Kiyota got shafted. Would have loved to have heard Satorl Marsh (Night). Nothing wrong with ACE+ but Kiyota did most of my favorite pieces.

Guar Plains was awesome.

This, she made a bulk of the most memorable themes to me(the area themes). She deserves a lot more love.

If One Who Stands In Our Way was there, it would be perfect. No one ever respects the boss fight song.

Also this. I always thought the One Who Stands In Our Way was much better.

TheMoon

Exactly. I think she's not getting tons of love when Xenoblade music is being discussed.

Probably because she's not a) a household name like Yoko Shimomura and b) not as easy to remember as ACE+ ^^ ...but it's a real shame. I even hear people claim Yasunori Mitsuda "did the soundtrack" when he just contributed one single song.

This reminds me of all the times I'd boot up Xenoblade and just watch the title screen sky change colors and listen to the music.

(Every time)

jorgejjvr

Seriously, if you haven't already then give these a watch. I usually hate tribute videos but these really do the game justice. His/her Bioshock Infinite tribute is excellent too.

Yep, I love how everything goes SO well together, the music, the action, the voices, they are amazing tributes

Top Bottom