• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Live Studio performance! Guar Plains, You Will Know Our Names & more!

It's...

rkMvyhx.png

I really hope they do more of these.

I really hope X has a moment like the first time you reach Bionis' Leg and Guar Plains kicks in. One of my favorite recent gaming memories.

Gutss

That yu matanabe guy on the violin, so much passion dude, i can see it in your eyes.
and that Haaaaaaaa haaaaaa Haaaaa of the singers in engage the enemy soooo GOD!!!!!!

Goddamn, are those songs glorious. I would love to have a CD of these versions
As if the Main Theme wasn't great on its own.

Even if Sawano hasn't blown me away with the released snippets from X, I 'll reserve my comments until the entire soundtrack is available. After all, many of my favorite songs appeared late in the game, such as
Eryth Sea (Night)
Fallen Arm
, or
Mechonis Field

Rodin

This is seriously amazing. Confrontation with the enemy is my favorite track from the game, almost cried at that one :')

Yoshi88

Now remember Xenoblade X will not have this.

Why would i want the same music in a different game with a different setting? Can't we just stop the hate for X's music in every Xenoblade thread now?

Different game, different style of music. Let's just be happy and enjoy the music.

Why would i want the same music in a different game with a different setting? Can't we just stop the hate for X's music in every Xenoblade thread now?

Different game, different style of music. Let's just be happy and enjoy the music.

Agreed, I feel the music of X fits it's theme and setting. Feels a lot more sci-fi like.

How successful was this globally? I know there's no way it could've done well in America, but considering it's until release in Japan was it considered a success? There's a pretty decent amount of hype for this remake, more so than I'd expected from something that squandered maybe a million or so copies.

thefro

How successful was this globally? I know there's no way it could've done well in America, but considering it's until release in Japan was it considered a success? There's a pretty decent amount of hype for this remake, more so than I'd expected from something that squandered maybe a million or so copies.

We don't have any legit numbers outside of Japan as far as I know. Iwata acted like the game was more successful in the West than Japan in the Iwata Asks about the New 3DS port.

TheMoon

->

Iwata said:
There's the impression that the people who enjoy the overall JRPG genre were overjoyed with the game. They seemed to feel like the next generation of JRPG had finally arrived. The overseas sales would never be higher than the Japanese sales unless that was the case.
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/xenoblade-chronicles-3d/0/0

161,161 copies sold by the end of 2010 in Japan. So anywhere north of 500k globally should be a safe bet.

shauntu

The best soundtrack, for the best game of all time. Getting the 3DS port just so I can use the Jukebox in Sleep Mode!

TheMoon

They so need to release an album for this, but knowing Nintendo they likely won't.

It's not their call. MonolithSoft could easily do it on their own just like they did for the official OST release. Of course they'd have to pay for the performance, recording, mixing, mastering, production, whatever since that would no longer be part of the regular game dev.

Top Bottom