• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Live Studio performance! Guar Plains, You Will Know Our Names & more!

Nanashrew

Banned
These were played during the Nicovideo stream. some people took it to themselves to upload them. At least a 720p version of these now exists with these official uploads (the bitrate on the audio should be a bit better).

If there isn't going to be an official release (because that means someone else also gets money) it is the next best thing. Shame it came too late for say, Nintendo World 2011.

Giving Apple 30%? You must be kidding. Maybe the DeNA and Nintendo fun club spectacular membership rewards scheme will have digital soundtracks...

I think what Nintendo should do is open up their digital store more to allow people to purchase their OSTs digitally. Club Nintendo like rewards could get you the physical copy of an OST and before anyone else.

MisterHero

Why didn't they perform One Who Gets in Our Way / An Obstacle in Our Path? WHY?

It's the best song in the game!!!

Cramoss

Ml00TG0.gif

What if you arrive there at night :(

I actually did a Youtube search for the night version earlier today. The night theme is great, but I definitely think it'd been disappointing if I heard that instead of the day theme.

Do we know if the area intros from Xenoblade are still in X? I always looked forward to seeing those.

wmlk

I actually did a Youtube search for the night version earlier today. The night theme is great, but I definitely think it'd been disappointing if I heard that instead of the day theme.

Do we know if the area intros from Xenoblade are still in X? I always looked forward to seeing those.

We already saw one for Primordial Wilderness, so I guess so.

Mistle

wow! such great music, even better to see it performed.

man those guitarists are on point. the tones sound exactly like the recording.

Toparaman

Banned
I gotta thank Smash Bros for introducing me to this phenomenal soundtrack. The actual game doesn't seem like my cup of tea, but the soundtrack makes me want to play it anyway.

JediLink

Mechonis Field is the most underrated track in the game. When people talk about the Xenoblade ost, it's always "Yeah, You Will Know Our Names, yeah, Mechanical Rhythm, yeah, Gaur Plain, etc." Mechonis Field deserves to hang with the big boys.

mstevens

No Mechonis Field :(

Mechonis Field is the most underrated track in the game. When people talk about the Xenoblade ost, it's always "Yeah, You Will Know Our Names, yeah, Mechanical Rhythm, yeah, Gaur Plain, etc." Mechonis Field deserves to hang with the big boys.

Best song in the game.

Couldn't you say this about any track of this game though? =P

But yeah, Mechonis Field > Gaur Plains.

Mechonis Field sounds like it could be out of Phantasy Star Online.

And that isn't a bad thing!

Xenoblade's OST is so glorious. *sobs happily*

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Yea, I really like Sawano's work on AoT and GU, but I haven't liked anything from what we've heard of the XBX OST.

XBX music has been so underwhelming so far....

It's not even like I've not "liked" XBX's OST so far. I've mostly not liked it at all =/....

->

161,161 copies sold by the end of 2010 in Japan. So anywhere north of 500k globally should be a safe bet.

It sold more than 200K used in Japan FYI. The game had a great word of mouth there =).

Edit: Exact #s (Thanks to Chris1964)
Japanese site / forum. I intend to do sometime a comparison between their predictions and actual results.

Famitsu

2010 CY {2009.12.28 - 2010.12.26} 082. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 141.059 / 141.059
2011 CY {2010.12.27 - 2011.12.25} 388. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 22.383 / 163.442

Media Create

2010 CY {2010.01.04 - 2011.01.02} 072. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 161.161 / 161.161
2011 CY {2011.01.03 - 2012.01.01} 498. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 16.498 / 177.659
2012 CY {2012.01.02 - 2012.12.30} 617. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 9.349 / 187.008
2013 CY {2012.12.31 - 2013.12.29} 604. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 6.840 / 193.848

Media Create used sales

2013 CY {2012.12.31 - 2013.12.29} 383. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 18.096 / 214.815 <110,82%>

MicH

An official upload - awesome! I'm so happy they're bringing Xenoblade back, if they hadn't we would most likely never had a chance to listen to these amazing performances!

neto

I wish the guys from the sword-making tv show make a real Monado sword, just like what they did with FF7 buster sword, FF8 gun blade, and Attack on Titan blade.

I was thinking exactly this when I saw the replica in the video

Sadist

I wouldn't say underrated, because I see a lot of love for it in this thread.

I love the track as well btw.

I advice everyone who loves this song to check out Sarah Alainn's album "Sarah." It includes Beyond The Sky with a new arrangement, which is truly beautiful. Sadly it's not on Youtube.

She also recorded a Japanese version of the song (the ending theme was originally English in Japan as well) with a music video you can watch here though. It's the same instrumental as the new English version. The songs are on iTunes if you're really interested, just search Sarah Alainn. FYI her album "Sarah" was actually produced by Yasunori Mitsuda (though it also includes covers). She's releasing a Deluxe version April 8th as well with a few new songs.

I'm not part of Sarah Alainn's PR team I swear, just a big fan. All thanks to Xenoblade!

We did have a cutscene, but I don't know if they're back in the same way...
When the game starts we see 'Prologue: Planet Mira'. The cutscene showing off Primordial Wilderness starts here: https://youtu.be/qKKiODpn6Fg?t=13m20s

That yu matanabe guy on the violin, so much passion dude, i can see it in your eyes.
and that Haaaaaaaa haaaaaa Haaaaa of the singers in engage the enemy soooo GOD!!!!!!

I LOVE watching violinists during live performances. So much. They're all so intense.
The shorter vocalist is Chico, one of the composers of the Xenoblade OST (part of Ace).
She's quite fashionable.

Also on the topic of live performances, had to throw these in: https://youtu.be/LA1pEXaNmBg, https://youtu.be/KskWgQlA9Ds. The guy at the piano in both just 'happens' to be the composer for Xenoblade X.

Zalman

NoA just uploaded these on their channel too. Made me listen to all of them again. So damn good. Especially Engage the Enemy.

Top Bottom