• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| The Adventure Begins

neo2046

http://kouryaku.dengeki.com/xenoblade/index.html

Xenoblade -the Secret File- MONAD Archives
Release Date: Nov 12, 2010
Price: 2,940 yen
Size: B5 / 256 pages
ISBN: 978-4-04-870200-3
contents: guide book + artworks + data etc

xenoblade_v01.jpg

Rhis Field Map Exploration (14 mins) thing is so amazing... Mindblowed. Beatiful landscapes, exploration... Damn... it's so beautiful it hurts.

ezekial45

Banned
That was beautiful. It looks like FFXII, but with a much bigger world to explore.

So there IS a chance it'll get localized for the states?

Bebpo

Banned
neo2046 said:
http://kouryaku.dengeki.com/xenoblade/index.html

Xenoblade -the Secret File- MONAD Archives
Release Date: Nov 12, 2010
Price: 2,940 yen
Size: B5 / 256 pages
ISBN: 978-4-04-870200-3
contents: guide book + artworks + data etc

xenoblade_v01.jpg

Thanks neo. Sounds like this might be the closest book to the Xenogears Perfect Works and Xenosaga Ep1 Materials Collection we get for this game. Though at that price I don't expect anything as elaborate. Will grab it though, thinking back XB is probably my goty for 2010.

Azure J

JonStark said:
Rhis Field Map Exploration (14 mins) thing is so amazing... Mindblowed. Beatiful landscapes, exploration... Damn... it's so beautiful it hurts.

Seriously, this. The game had dropped under the radar since there were no mentions of it coming to America, but after seeing that video... It'd just be shameful for it not to come over. D:

Also, holy crap, that artbook is gorgeous looking. Do want.

mrpeabody said:
This is my #1 anticipated Wii game. When we can get forgettable crap like Arc Rise Fantasia but not Xenoblade, the world is an unjust place indeed.
I am really interested in this game, but I don't think I have the time to properly enjoy it anymore. I really wish I did, it does look amazing.

apana

Does anyone know the exact reason NOA is resistant to these games? Is it because they feel that the cost to market it will be too high? They have so much free calendar space.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to bump a relatively old thread, but my wife just brought this back from Japan and I put in a good hour today. Holy shit, it's absolutely amazing. I can't believe how modern and polished this feels. It's like they took a ton of awesome stuff from MMORPGs and made a great single player RPG out of it.

I'm extremely impressed by the game, and after reading some JP reviews of it, it looks like I will be playing it for a very long time since I love to do side quests and optional content.

Is anyone else playing this right now?

Seda

Zefah said:
Sorry to bump a relatively old thread, but my wife just brought this back from Japan and I put in a good hour today. Holy shit, it's absolutely amazing. I can't believe how modern and polished this feels. It's like they took a ton of awesome stuff from MMORPGs and made a great single player RPG out of it.

I'm extremely impressed by the game, and after reading some JP reviews of it, it looks like I will be playing it for a very long time since I love to do side quests and optional content.

Is anyone else playing this right now?

every time this thread is bumped, I hope for localization news.

I don't know why, I know better. 8(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Seda said:
every time this thread is bumped, I hope for localization news.

I don't know why, I know better. 8(

New news, new thread!

This is the |OT|!

I really wish I bought this at release. I made sure to make my wife pick it up new. That's one more sale at least...

RPGCrazied

If this doesn't get announced by xmas, start worrying. ;/ I'm fearing the same fate just like ToG.

We still have Last Story, right? RIGHT?

Shiggy

TunaLover said:
Monado appears yet again in the Nintendo's official investors briefing , the date still under TBA though =(

Line Attack Heroes is there too, so it doesn't really say anything.

TunaLover

Shiggy said:
Line Attack Heroes is there too, so it doesn't really say anything.
Line Attack Heroes turned in a WiiWare title, they didn't mention WiiWare titles in that list?
I'm on work so can't display the whole screen to see it in detail =P

desu

neo2046 said:

Does anyone know where to order this? Wanted to get this from cdjapan, but its just listed but not even preorderable (even though it comes out in a week?).

Sorry for all you waiters, this bump has nothing to do with localization :lol .

WillyFive

Stupid bumps, why can't you just accept that we will nev....

1628928-a4y39t_copy.png

BELIEVE!

Anyway, it's hard to believe this hasn't been localized. This seems like a big budget AAA game that would be marketed heavily, not something that would be left behind in Japan.

ivysaur12

Banned
desu said:
Does anyone know where to order this? Wanted to get this from cdjapan, but its just listed but not even preorderable (even though it comes out in a week?).

Sorry for all you waiters, this bump has nothing to do with localization :lol .

I hate you so much right now.

Phenomic

Blast Processing said:
Hard to believe that we're still stuck in the mid 90's when it comes to JRPG localization. At least Sony has done away with region locks.

Honestly the American's had more imitative in the mid to late 90's to localize RPG's because I remember being able to play them all, it more or less feels like a total step backwards from the 90s compared to all the RPG's I was able to play new back in the day.

Also it's ridiculous no one addresses the problems and it's sad because no one even bothers to ask. I mean given I've seen emails go back and forth but when was the last time someone like a Kotaku or IGN fought for getting answers from Reggie, Namco or whomever about localization attempts. Demand seems to have completely taken a 180.

ivysaur12

Banned
Phenomic said:
Honestly the American's had more imitative in the mid to late 90's to localize RPG's because I remember being able to play them all, it more or less feels like a total step backwards from the 90s compared to all the RPG's I was able to play new back in the day.

Also it's ridiculous no one addresses the problems and it's sad because no one even bothers to ask. I mean given I've seen emails go back and forth but when was the last time someone like a Kotaku or IGN fought for questions to Reggie, Namco or whomever about localization attempts.

That would imply that gaming journalism was actually a form of journalism.

Kenka

We have more chances to be hit by lightning than having this game localized.

Let's all deal with it and buy a JAP Wii.

Phenomic

ivysaur12 said:
That would imply that gaming journalism was actually a form of journalism.

Novel idea eh? Makes me wish I could take stab at it once in a while and maybe actually be one of the only news outlets whom anyone in our industry trusts. Alas, I'm terrible with languages and I would spend hours critiquing a single 500 word paragraph.

farnham

Banned
nincompoop said:
I wish the Tales of Graces localization team was working on this instead, this looks far more interesting :(
unlike tales of graces this is actually comming out in NA and europe though

Top Bottom