• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| The Adventure Begins

Azure J

Someone needs to change the thread tagline to "try not to bump and break our hearts further please". I genuinely thought something had developed on this regarding a localization or new info, but alas... ;____;

Shirokun

Shalashaska161 said:
This thread is depressing. There is no reason to not release the game here other than NoA are a bunch of assholes. I guess if we don't hear anything by e3 I'm just going to have to import it and teach myself Japanese.

Better get started now. : (

kenji

I still think Nintendo will bring this game here.
With Kirby coming in Q1 in Europe, and Mario Sports coming in January in Europe and probably in America in the same period too, they will have only Zelda as already announced line up, and Pikmin 3.
Zelda won't probably come out before June, if not in the end of 2011. and Pikmin 3 is Q4 2011 for sure.
Nintendo needs other support in the west, and Xenoblade along with The Last Story are the best games they can use.
So yeah, looking forward to see an announcement at a conference like they did this year in the end of February.

B.K.

Shalashaska161 said:
I guess if we don't hear anything by e3 I'm just going to have to import it and teach myself Japanese.

I'm hoping someone does fan translations for this and The Last Story.

Uh...the release list where Monado/Xenoblade was on came out less than a month ago. Until it's gone from there I'll still believe it's coming over since, yeah, they could just have removed it to rename it to Xenoblade.

Macstorm

Bel Marduk said:
Uh...the release list where Monado/Xenoblade was on came out less than a month ago. Until it's gone from there I'll still believe it's coming over since, yeah, they could just have removed it to rename it to Xenoblade.
What release list was that? I've not seen it on anything from Nintendo outside of the E3 2009 press site and the Nintendo game's website that it's now been removed from.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Every time this thread is bumped a little flame flickers inside of me in hopes of news of a US release.

Then my soul is crushed :(

I don't see why anyone ever expected NoA to localise it, other than they gave it a smidgen of attention at one e3. There isn't much of a market for it here, and I doubt they would want to localise after Sin and Punishment 2 bombed worldwide. Different genres, I know, but its still a distinctly japanese flavor. Last Story is a big maybe, if only because they can slap 'from the final fantasy guy' on the box, but then again they left ASH in japan.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gram Negative Cocci said:
I don't see why anyone ever expected NoA to localise it, other than they gave it a smidgen of attention at one e3. There isn't much of a market for it here, and I doubt they would want to localise after Sin and Punishment 2 bombed worldwide. Different genres, I know, but its still a distinctly japanese flavor. Last Story is a big maybe, if only because they can slap 'from the final fantasy guy' on the box, but then again they left ASH in japan.

Nintendo has been making noise in the last few months that suggests they are aware they have neglected 'core' software in their release slates. I'm sure both this and The Last Story will leave Japan. Why wouldn't it? This isn't something as awkward as Disaster (which was probably canned because of the hurricanes in the US) or Another Code R (which was painfully niche though a very good game). Xenoblade and The Last Story are just the sort of titles Nintendo now realises it needs to have if it wants to keep people interested in Wii. Maybe it's too late for that, but when we're talking about the company who released a freaking Samurai pinball game with microphone attachment in the dying days of the Cube, I don't expect they'll give two shits about that. Nintendo has never been afraid to come late to the party.

Ushojax said:
Nintendo has been making noise in the last few months that suggests they are aware they have neglected 'core' software in their release slates. I'm sure both this and The Last Story will leave Japan. Why wouldn't it? This isn't something as awkward as Disaster (which was probably canned because of the hurricanes in the US) or Another Code R (which was painfully niche though a very good game). Xenoblade and The Last Story are just the sort of titles Nintendo now realises it needs to have if it wants to keep people interested in Wii. Maybe it's too late for that, but when we're talking about the company who released a freaking Samurai pinball game with microphone attachment in the dying days of the Cube, I don't expect they'll give two shits about that. Nintendo has never been afraid to come late to the party.

Hell they even localized Baten Kaitos Origins on the GC, 2 months before the Wii came out...

Sagitario

Bel Marduk said:
Hell they even localized Baten Kaitos Origins on the GC, 2 months before the Wii came out...

I still remember it clearly :D

5fe5c2e51b76eb7055966317ff0d9cff42b542e0.jpg

TunaLover

Bel Marduk said:
Most underrated game of last gen IMO :( One of the best games I've ever played. I'm happy though there's still some fans.
True, having played BK/BKO only makes me wish to play Xenoblade so bad =(

Tenbatsu

nintendogo said:
Reader Jack wanted to know what the fate of Line Attack Heroes and Xenoblade in the United States, so he emailed Nintendo customer service. Here's the response he received.

It’s not surprising that you want to know more information about these two games. Believe me, we are every bit as excited as you are to learn more about what’s coming!

Having said that, Nintendo is very careful to only show games when the developers are ready to do so. Also, we tend to concentrate on showing off products coming out in the near future. This means that you know as much as anyone else outside the development teams about Monado: Beginning of the World and Line Attack Heroes. While both games are still showing announced with the information I have, we don’t have any additional information to provide.

Eventually, we will pull back the curtain and share all new and exciting details on our website (www.nintendo.com). In the meantime, however, we appreciate your patience as development continues and ask that you continue checking the website.

I've seen responses that have given a lot less information, so this makes things sound pretty good. Just keep those fingers crossed for details soon!
Keep your hopes up!

JoeFenix

I seriously wish people would stop bumping threads like this for absolutely no reason.

No offense but we didn't really need you to comment on stuff that's 2 weeks old and adds nothing to the topic...

RPGCrazied

Since this is already bumped from today, let me just rant somewhat, sorry, I must. 0_o

I just have to chime this in. I just had the opportunity to play the import and omg, what the hell is Nintendo thinking? I hope its a big game and that's why its taking so long to announce it. If not, I'll be really, *REALLY* disappointed. This game has a Xenosaga/gears feel. The music is oh so beautiful, the cutscenes are amazing.

Nintendo, DO IT! I don't want to wait 10years for a fan translation. Hell, I'm still waiting on the ToG one, and that is still pretty far out.

desu

Btw got my Secret Files Guide, some really nice concept art in there. Along with with some other stuff. Makes me wanna play the game again.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
B.K. said:
I don't understand why everyone expects a localization announcement every time the thread is bumped.

Because most GAFers in Japan who would play it already have. Not much of a reason to bump this.

Oh and we want to BELIEVE!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
All of you people yelling about bumping an |OT| need to fuck the hell off. Seriously. It's getting worse than the A Song of Ice and Fire thread.

New news demands a new thread. Do you seriously think no one will make a new thread when a game like this has its release date announced?

Top Bottom