• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| The Adventure Begins

farnham

Banned
nincompoop said:
That seems to get less and less likely with each passing day.
well it was announced. that is better then not even getting announced right ?

also nintendo usually does not reveal their schedule until E3. so if xenoblade is comming out we will hear it at e3 2011

Bebpo

Banned
desu said:
Does anyone know where to order this? Wanted to get this from cdjapan, but its just listed but not even preorderable (even though it comes out in a week?).

Sorry for all you waiters, this bump has nothing to do with localization :lol .

Yeah I was just thinking that too. Normally I wait until my local kinokuniya gets it (they tend to get every game/anime artbook) but unlike manga volumes it could be weeks or months until it appears. They just got the MGS4 artbook the other month and then I picked it up :lol

So I'm thinking about using amazon jpn. Their shipping is ridiculous but the price of the items are good. I used to order manga from them in bulk. They should still be willing to ship book material.

Here's the link (I'm going to wait a day or two until they have it in stock before trying to order):
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4048702009/

Sadist

farnham said:
well it was announced. that is better then not even getting announced right ?

also nintendo usually does not reveal their schedule until E3. so if xenoblade is comming out we will hear it at e3 2011
Yeah, Disaster was announced for America as well. Remind me, did it help?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You guys should just learn Japanese already so you can play it.

desu

Bebpo said:
Yeah I was just thinking that too. Normally I wait until my local kinokuniya gets it (they tend to get every game/anime artbook) but unlike manga volumes it could be weeks or months until it appears. They just got the MGS4 artbook the other month and then I picked it up :lol

So I'm thinking about using amazon jpn. Their shipping is ridiculous but the price of the items are good. I used to order manga from them in bulk. They should still be willing to ship book material.

Here's the link (I'm going to wait a day or two until they have it in stock before trying to order):
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4048702009/

Meh last time they had incredible expensive shipping rates, guess need to wait until it becomes available somewhere =/.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
nincompoop said:
That seems to get less and less likely with each passing day.
I think some of you are overreacting. I think there's a very good chance of this coming to the US. And if it doesn't, well you can always hold off for the inevitable fan-translation like tales of grace.:lol

Bebpo

Banned
desu said:
Meh last time they had incredible expensive shipping rates, guess need to wait until it becomes available somewhere =/.

Yeah, I'm guessing it will be like $40 with current exchange rate + $30 shipping for $70 total. ^^;

Lafiel said:
I think some of you are overreacting. I think there's a very good chance of this coming to the US. And if it doesn't, well you can always hold off for the inevitable fan-translation like tales of grace.:lol

Fan translations take FOREVER.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lafiel said:

Considering the amount of text and the sheer size of Xenoblade, that fan translation will take forever.

Shirokun

The art book looks really tasty, but I should probably finish the game first.

On that note, is anyone else playing at the moment? I put in about 14 hours or so over a month ago, but school got the best of me, and I've had to put it off. It's a really great game, and you can tell that alot went into it, even if the sheer number of quests can be pretty intimidating. Bebpo was pretty spot on about the characters, too, and it's nice seeing main characters in a JRPG that act like largely rational individuals. Can't wait until I have time to get back to it.

Bebpo said:
Yeah I was just thinking that too. Normally I wait until my local kinokuniya gets it (they tend to get every game/anime artbook) but unlike manga volumes it could be weeks or months until it appears. They just got the MGS4 artbook the other month and then I picked it up[/url]

IIRC, can't you special order it from Kinokuniya?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
thetrin said:
Considering the amount of text and the sheer size of Xenoblade, that fan translation will take forever.
Most likely.:lol although the tales of grace translation is making more progress then i expected.

thetrin

Shirokun said:
The art book looks really tasty, but I should probably finish the game first.

On that note, is anyone else playing at the moment? I put in about 14 hours or so over a month ago, but school got the best of me, and I've had to put it off. It's a really great game, and you can tell that alot went into it, even if the sheer number of quests can be pretty intimidating. Bebpo was pretty spot on about the characters, too, and it's nice seeing main characters in a JRPG that act like largely rational individuals. Can't wait until I have time to get back to it.

Desu, Bebpo and myself were all playing it when it first came out. We're all finished now, but I'm thinking about playing through it again in like, 10 years when I can devote 100 hours to one game again. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
Mockingbird said:
IIRC, can't you special order it from Kinokuniya?

I think so but I've never tried.

thetrin said:
Desu, Bebpo and myself were all playing it when it first came out. We're all finished now, but I'm thinking about playing through it again in like, 10 years when I can devote 100 hours to one game again. :lol

If you use the clear save you can get back through it in like 10 hours :p I'm planning on doing that in a year or two.

wrowa

Pinko Marx said:
Fan translations take FOREVER.
This. People who are hoping for a Xenoblade fan-translation are just setting themselves up for a disappointment. Xenoblade simply has too much text, even compared to other RPGs. It's too huge.

thetrin

wrowa said:
This. People who are hoping for a Xenoblade fan-translation are just setting themselves up for a disappointment. Xenoblade simply has too much text, even compared to other RPGs. It's too huge.

Totally true. JUST the quest translations would take forever.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Smiles and Cries said:
it is a total crime that this game is not getting a US release

a crime

if this had Link in it the hype would be extreme

It is still on the US release schedules. It will come out, I'm sure of it. Iwata has been making all the right noises recently regarding improving their core output.

farnham said:
came out in europe. i have it.

I had to import it...for the price I would've paid if I walked into a retail store in the US. $55

Totally worth it, it was a fantastic game. I think Xenoblade will come next year although I can't see it selling gangbusters in the US.

Carlisle

Every time this thread is bumped without news of an English localization, an angel's nutsack is brutally torn off with a bear trap.

Glix

I think it being on the list is a good sign.

I mean, if they no-showed it at E3, because they have no plans to bring it over, then I think, by now, it would be removed from these financial statements.

Also, unlike Disaster, which is, admittedly, a cool and interesting game but rough around the edges, Xenoblade is AAA quality game, that reviewed really really well, and will help feed the hardcore crowd that BEGS for games like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were just holding it back for timing reasons. Think about it. If all the main Nintendo teams are working on 3DS stuff, or NewWii2HD stuff, they need to take some of these outfarmed games, and spread them out as much as possible so that they don't have huge lineup holes.

I mean, what a better way to prove that Nintendo still loves the hardcore RPG gamer, then by releasing two sick RPGs in 2011 (Last Story as Well) and then give us hope that Wii2hdwhatever will have sick software akin to these titles...

Just bullshitting here, not sure how much that makes sense.

ALSO - Keep Xenoblade, Monado sound absurd.

Glix

wrowa said:

Yeah, but I'd kill for a menu translation at the least.

MechaX

Ushojax said:
It is still on the US release schedules. It will come out, I'm sure of it. Iwata has been making all the right noises recently regarding improving their core output.

Disaster is the leading counter-argument in this case. Although, NOA did at least make good on releasing Sin and Punishment 2, despite both dicking around on its release for no feasible reason and essentially sending it to die. But I don't have too much faith in NOA these days.

Hell, NOA failed to fucking localize the sequel to Hotel Dusk, an actually successful game.

Glix said:
I think it being on the list is a good sign.

I mean, if they no-showed it at E3, because they have no plans to bring it over, then I think, by now, it would be removed from these financial statements.

Also, unlike Disaster, which is, admittedly, a cool and interesting game but rough around the edges, Xenoblade is AAA quality game, that reviewed really really well, and will help feed the hardcore crowd that BEGS for games like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were just holding it back for timing reasons. Think about it. If all the main Nintendo teams are working on 3DS stuff, or NewWii2HD stuff, they need to take some of these outfarmed games, and spread them out as much as possible so that they don't have huge lineup holes.

I mean, what a better way to prove that Nintendo still loves the hardcore RPG gamer, then by releasing two sick RPGs in 2011 (Last Story as Well) and then give us hope that Wii2hdwhatever will have sick software akin to these titles...

Just bullshitting here, not sure how much that makes sense.

ALSO - Keep Xenoblade, Monado sound absurd.

THIS.

It's what nintendo has done / had to do during their last 3 home console transitions. ... and it's what they're doing now.

Lard

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
it is a total crime that this game is not getting a US release

a crime

if this had Link in it the hype would be extreme

Part of the reason I bought a Wii was because I was waiting for Fatal Frame IV, Xenoblade and Last Story.

Now it seems like I might get one of those three games.

If Xenoblade doesn't get a release, I may as well dump my Wii. I'm tired of being shat on by Nintendo.

MechaX said:
Disaster is the leading counter-argument in this case. Although, NOA did at least make good on releasing Sin and Punishment 2, despite both dicking around on its release for no feasible reason and essentially sending it to die. But I don't have too much faith in NOA these days.

Hell, NOA failed to fucking localize the sequel to Hotel Dusk, an actually successful game.

Yeah but Nintendo recently announced they are localizing DS games that have already been released in Japan in order to have more games for the huge market of DS systems in everyone's hands already. I foresee Last Window early next year. (also I hope Treehouse gives it their localization, I would rather have that than a literal translation of the Japanese version)

farnham

Banned
MidnightScott said:
I had to import it...for the price I would've paid if I walked into a retail store in the US. $55

Totally worth it, it was a fantastic game. I think Xenoblade will come next year although I can't see it selling gangbusters in the US.
wow.. you can get the game for like 5 euros i believe.
Lard said:
Part of the reason I bought a Wii was because I was waiting for Fatal Frame IV, Xenoblade and Last Story.

Now it seems like I might get one of those three games.

If Xenoblade doesn't get a release, I may as well dump my Wii. I'm tired of being shat on by Nintendo.
why dont you just import fatal frame iv

there is a fan translation finished for that

thetrin

Glix said:
Yeah, but I'd kill for a menu translation at the least.

Menu translation won't help you much. You still can't play most of the game, since the bulk of the content is quest text on where and how to find certain mobs to kill, or locations for certain flora to collect. We're not talking about story that you can ignore. Playing the very game requires a grasp of Japanese.

(eg. Kill <beast name>. They are located in <zone landmark name>, and only appear when it rains.)

To be blunt, if you can't read the menus in Japanese, don't play Xenoblade. You'll be hopelessly lost.

Wedge7

Reading this thread again, damn. I remember being in here a while back, really wanting this game to come over, and then as with all things, sorta forgetting about it for a while. Then seeing the thread again, and all the memories. Just another frustrated fan, hoping that this thing hopefully gets brought over.

Bebpo

Banned
MechaX said:

It might just be that Nintendo TL process is really really slow. S&P2 came over but S&P2 has like 30 mins of voice and a few dozen pages of text to translate. A localization company could do that entire game in less than a month.

Otoh, Xenoblade probably has the most text and dialogue of any game Nintendo has ever localized since their formation. They may just not be prepared to handle a localization of the size and so its taking years to accomplish and they don't want to start hyping up the US release until this stuff is DONE.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in xmas 2011 or summer 2012 in the US. The only question is if Nintendo feels the Wii is still alive and worth supporting in 2012.

I've played for a couple hours so far and am really impressed by the story, graphics and music. I've ran all over the place done a couple of sidequests already, seems like there's going to be a ton of stuff to do and see in this game. The world already feels huge and I've barely even started!

RPGCrazied

Anasui Kishibe said:
so, is there any chance this will come over? I don't want to lose hope :(

Looks like jrpgs is dying lately, unless you own a DS. If Last Story isn't localized I've lost hope. Don't even get me started with Namco and the Tales of games lately.

Macstorm

Not that it really means anything, but the generic Monado listing Nintendo had on their public game's list is gone now. Could just mean they've pulled it to ready a future Xenoblade announcement, but for whatever reason, it is gone.

Parley

Banned
Macstorm said:
Not that it really means anything, but the generic Monado listing Nintendo had on their public game's list is gone now. Could just mean they've pulled it to ready a future Xenoblade announcement, but for whatever reason, it is gone.

I have been really holding out hope despite all the people saying this game wasn't coming out, but this.....well this kind of sucks.

Feep

Banned
I can't stand this thread being bumped ever again; it's too painful. Is there a way to hide threads from the front page?

I honestly can't believe that it's not getting localized. Really sad because there is no real reason it shouldn't be. It's not even that hard of a sell either, if you make sure to target the right audience. Hell it already has name recognition with Xeno in the title.

I wish I was in a position to change that.

=\

TunaLover

Macstorm said:
That's it, I'm selling my Wii.

desu

Since this topic is bumped anyway, my copy of the secret files guide has been shipped and I hope I'll get this or next week.

Shiggy

Diffense said:
Let's hope they're just renaming it to Xenoblade.
If we hear nothing about it by next E3, then it's probably being localized.

If we hear nothing by summer 2011, then NoE will release it January 2012.

B.K.

BudokaiMR2 said:
I honestly can't believe that it's not getting localized.

I can. Nintendo is a horrible company. Especially when it comes to Monolithsoft titles. Being bought by Nintendo was the worst thing that ever happened to them.

This thread is depressing. There is no reason to not release the game here other than NoA are a bunch of assholes. I guess if we don't hear anything by e3 I'm just going to have to import it and teach myself Japanese.

Top Bottom