• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| The Adventure Begins

Do not believe. If it isn't announced by Jan 19th, it's not coming over.

No way would they wait any longer before announcing it, especially if it's meant to be coming out the month afterwards.

WillyFive

February?

I understand Nintendo has gotten a habit of making their announcement date and release date closer together, but this is almost a month shy of Sega Saturn territory.

Flakster99

I REALLY enjoy reading the gameplay comments. The game sounds a lot of fun.
Let's hope this one gets localized. /crosses fingers

JoeFenix

Nintendo needs to release some Wii games in 2011, what do they have for the first half of the year?

Third parties don't have anything substantial for 2011 either so they really need to localize stuff like Xenoblade. I really want this game dammit!

Shiggy

JoeFenix said:
Nintendo needs to release some Wii games in 2011, what do they have for the first half of the year?

Mario Sports Mix and Kirby Epic Yarn. They haven't revealed their plans for the later months ;(

JoeFenix said:

Third parties don't have anything substantial for 2011 either so they really need to localize stuff like Xenoblade. I really want this game dammit!

Yeah, it's ridiculous. 2011 has only Mario Sports Mix and Zelda announced so far for Wii. For DS it's only Pokemon Black/White and Dragon Quest 6. Their release list will probably come out on the 19th, but that's pretty freaking late of them.

JoeFenix said:
Epic Yarn came out last year in NA so Mario Sports Mix for the first half of the year?

That's absolutely ridiculous!

additionally, Mario Sports Mix was announced for a February 7th release back in December, and seeing how it's already 1/3 of the way through January, there's no way it'll come out mid-Feb since nothing's been said. But prove me wrong Nintendo. Please.

These guys have to announce something for Wii by February 7th or else the release list for the Wii will be completely empty, save Zelda, which has no date!

Mockingbird said:
additionally, Mario Sports Mix was announced for a February 7th release back in December, and seeing how it's already 1/3 of the way through January, there's no way it'll come out mid-Feb since nothing's been said. But prove me wrong Nintendo. Please.

These guys have to announce something for Wii by February 7th or else the release list for the Wii will be completely empty, save Zelda, which has no date!

It's not like Nintendo haven't done this before...

NGC_Gamecube.jpg

I tweeted @Mistwalker with the following:

@mistwalker What other J-RPGs do you want to play? Xenoblade?

Reply:

@mockingbirdred Mr. Sakaguchi played it and liked it. Did you have a chance to play it?
Sat Jan 15 2011 02:51:06 (Pacific Standard Time) via HootSuite in reply to mockingbirdred

anyways, here's hoping for Xenoblade news tomorrow!

Does this game have full speech?

Nintendo are always terrible and localizing speech filled games right?

I remain hopeful that it will come out.

Turok_TTZ

...so very disappointed. why has ninty still toy with us? just announce its not coming over it will make us all feel better. better that than the teasing...

I knew full well it wasn't any news, 100% knew it.

Yet, still when I clicked I couldn't help holding on to some dumb hope for a stupid latest 'inside rumour' or something at least to live on again. The Monado release list thing doesn't give me enough.

Why do you hurt us Nintendo.

;(

Shiggy

ColonialRaptor said:
Does this game have full speech?

Nintendo are always terrible and localizing speech filled games right?

I remain hopeful that it will come out.

Nintendo doesn't necessarily release games when they are fully translated and localised. Two examples: FlingSmash was fully localised and finished in fall 2009 but released in fall 2010. Last Window was fully localised in early 2010 but also released in fall 2010.
Xenoblade might already be localised but they could be waiting for a great slot in their release schedule.

Shiggy said:
Xenoblade might already be localised but they could be waiting for a great slot in their release schedule.
It's been almost five months since the last must-buy game, what the fuck are they waiting for? Do not play with my jugular.

creid

Shiggy said:
Sammy Samusu said:
It's been almost five months since the last must-buy game, what the fuck are they waiting for?
Seriously, this year is made of great slots.

Hardy har har.

We're making some progress hacking the game and I've been doing a lot of work translating. There's still a lot to do and I'm continuing to treat it as a "for fun" thing until all the text is found & editable, and even then there's some really severe limits on the length of lines. But it's fun and I've got most of the menus done.

Check out the thread and if you know anyone who's done wii hacking before (I wish I could get in touch with the guys who did Fatal Frame 4) let me know.

http://gbatemp.net/t276731-xenoblade-menu-translation

Old video by this other dude trying to help (mute it or skip to 1:30 to avoid crappy music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmf-WGvuB0

It's pretty old and I've made pretty decent progress since then.

[Nintex]

Sammy Samusu said:
It's been almost five months since the last must-buy game, what the fuck are they waiting for? Do not play with my jugular.
I was able to tweet NoE's entire upcoming line-up and still had some space left to add text.
Known EU Wii releases for this year: March: Zumba Fitness - Lego Star Wars, April: WWE All Stars - Conduit 2, May: Guitly Gear, TBA Zelda
lol

WillyFive

This generation's Nintendo of America exists in a dimension parallel to logic and business sense. It's how they became so successful, after all somehow.

I expect nothing.

Gvaz

Banned
This is one of the only Wii games I'm looking forward to (The Last Story is the other) and yet neither of them have release dates or any mention of coming to america.

I don't understand it.

Seda

Gvaz said:
This is one of the only Wii games I'm looking forward to (The Last Story is the other) and yet neither of them have release dates or any mention of coming to america.

I don't understand it.

reggie_i_dunno.jpg

Foffy

Banned
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Hardy har har.

We're making some progress hacking the game and I've been doing a lot of work translating. There's still a lot to do and I'm continuing to treat it as a "for fun" thing until all the text is found & editable, and even then there's some really severe limits on the length of lines. But it's fun and I've got most of the menus done.

Check out the thread and if you know anyone who's done wii hacking before (I wish I could get in touch with the guys who did Fatal Frame 4) let me know.

http://gbatemp.net/t276731-xenoblade-menu-translation

Old video by this other dude trying to help (mute it or skip to 1:30 to avoid crappy music):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmf-WGvuB0

It's pretty old and I've made pretty decent progress since then.

Woah, someone's hacking the game!? Is it just a menu patch or full game translation?

Top Bottom