• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X Eurogamer Preview: Maybe 2015's Most Impressive Open World

Arkain

Ahh, nice tip. Did not think to try that. Downloading the first 3 ones now.

Now all that's left is to cross fingers and hope that Spanish FNAC is as 'liberal' with release dates as the French one! :D

Nothing in Belgian Fnac (Leuven), I just went there and checked.

I keep hearing about how X gon' give it to me, that I should stop trying to get it for myself because X gon' deliver it to me. I think I might have a slight idea, but just because I want to be sure, what specifically is X delivering and when can I expect it to arrive?

I have my Wii U at my parents' home and I won't be there till this weekend. I can't download anything till Friday.

If any of you is getting inside their house to steal all their money and jewelry while they are at work, please don't forget to turn my Wii U on and download all the data packs. Thanks.

Please insert address information and house schematics. I'll only be available on Thursday, but if you assure me there will be a jar filled with chocolate cookies, maybe I can show up on Wednesday.

R00bot

I keep hearing about how X gon' give it to me, that I should stop trying to get it for myself because X gon' deliver it to me. I think I might have a slight idea, but just because I want to be sure, what specifically is X delivering and when can I expect it to arrive?

A sensual alien planet with lush forests and dense alien wildlife, with tender juicy cave systems to explore, a massive city to digest, beautiful thick skells to sink your teeth into, a battle system that'll leave your mouth watering and all this before you even get to the bikini armor.

A sexy alien planet with lush forests and dense alien wildlife, with tender juicy cave systems to explore, a massive city to digest, beautiful thick skells to sink your teeth into, a battle system that'll leave your mouth watering and all this before you even get to the bikini armor.

Excellent. Sounds like X provides everything that I need. I should have never doubted.

:) Your post has made me happy.

gogogow

First time I tried downloading the data packs, it told me I didn't have enough space. Duh! I have a 8gb Wii U, but I have a 320GB external 3.5 inch HDD which turns on automatically when the Wii U is turned on. Somehow it won't let met download it to the HDD and tells me to go into data management and delete some stuff from the internal memory. I select the HDD and go back out rightaway and i'm in the OS menu instead of bringing me back to the eShop :/

Now it lets me download to the HDD after i've clicked on it in the data management menu. Strange...

Anyway, I do like how you are able to select all the packs at once and go further instead of adding them one by one to your "basket".

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
First time I tried downloading the data packs, it told me I didn't have enough space. Duh! I have a 8gb Wii U, but I have a 320GB external 3.5 inch HDD which turns on automatically when the Wii U is turned on. Somehow it won't let met download it to the HDD and tells me to go into data management and delete some stuff from the internal memory. I select the HDD and go back out rightaway and i'm in the OS menu instead of bringing me back to the eShop :/

Now it lets me download to the HDD after i've clicked on it in the data management menu. Strange...

Anyway, I do like how you are able to select all the packs at once and go further instead of adding them one by one to your "basket".

I think you should this thing:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029967

rockx4

Finally turned on my Wii U after a long while (since Hyrule Warriors). Just received the extended battery from Nintendo in time for this. I also bought $100 for the eshop, time to shop for games as I wait for the release date.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Finally turned on my Wii U after a long while (since Hyrule Warriors). Just received the extended battery from Nintendo in time for this. I also bought $100 for the eshop, time to shop for games as I wait for the release date.

Get Affordable Space Adventures, it's a great game designed specifically for Wii U.

Yes, listen to KingSnake. Disabling the sleep in your external drive should solve that issue for you going forward.

Also, I'm ready for the 4th. Downloaded all the data packs to my external drive, then transferred them into the empty 32mb internal flash memory in my Wii U. Hopefully I'll have the best performance possible with the disk+data+flash combo.

gogogow

Yes, listen to KingSnake. Disabling the sleep in your external drive should solve that issue for you going forward.

Also, I'm ready for the 4th. Downloaded all the data packs to my external drive, then transferred them into the empty 32mb internal flash memory in my Wii U. Hopefully I'll have the best performance possible with the disk+data+flash combo.

Okay, will do that, thanks.

Yarbskoo

A sensual alien planet with lush forests and dense alien wildlife, with tender juicy cave systems to explore, a massive city to digest, beautiful thick skells to sink your teeth into, a battle system that'll leave your mouth watering and all this before you even get to the bikini armor.

Please stop, I can only get so erect.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
As Xenoblade is today in the special offer, if you plan to buy Xenoblade X digitally you can get Xenoblade practically for free (it costs 10€ / £9, which is practically the discount you get for Xenoblade X if you already own Xenoblade from eshop).

Edit: hint taken from here.

TheJoRu

So I just bought Xenoblade for Wii, wasn't planning on doing that but anticipation + special price was too strong. Nintendo's got me by the balls right now.

As Xenoblade is today in the special offer, if you plan to buy Xenoblade X digitally you can get Xenoblade practically for free (it costs 10€ / £9, which is practically the discount you get for Xenoblade X if you already own Xenoblade from eshop).

Edit: hint taken from here.

So bitter we can't do that in the US.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews.

mStudios

I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews. I'm not gonna look at the reviews.

I own the game
My review:

Amazing 10/10

RPGCrazied

Who is doing the OT? And 5 days to go! I'm glad I can play this on the 4th and the weekend now, switched to the regular edition to save some last minute money and didn't feel like waiting 4 days. I'm impatient. lol

ika

29% of the data packs currently downloaded! ^_^ (3,2GB/10,5GB and 1 hour remains). No pre-load tho...

I can't wait. The hype is killing me and I played the Japanese version for more than 25 hours already lol.

I need those reviews to kill the time....

Chaos17

Yup and don't forget to bring your camera <3

WVW69inJPEUMhUU-VU

WVW69imkFZYN01e300

WVW69imTNIYKQYLGqi

All in game screenshot from Japan Miiverse~

jonno394

anyone else ordered the collectors edition from France as it is cheaper? Only just started worrying that the game will either have forced subs or no English? Do Nintendo Wii U games usually feature all language options?

anyone else ordered the collectors edition from France as it is cheaper? Only just started worrying that the game will either have forced subs or no English? Do Nintendo Wii U games usually feature all language options?
Limited editions are the same throughout Europe and yeah nearly all games feature all language options.

Some 3DS cartridges do the one language thing such as Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven and the Louvre Museum guide.

My biggest fear is the majority of the reviews will say something along the lines of : "Beautiful, gigantic world with absolutely nothing interesting to do in it."

Airola

Loved the original Xenoblade for 10 hours until I hated the combat system and never touched the game again.

Thought this new Xenoblade will have even more awful combat system.

Still thinking the colours of this game are extremely dull.

Thought I wouldn't get the game because of these and other reasons.

Yet:
-ordered the game last week
-currently downloading the data packs
-excited as hell to read the reviews
-excited to play the game (which, by the way, was sent yesterday so if I'm lucky I will be playing the game tomorrow!)

I'm currently in a mindset that even if the battle system would be awful and even if I wouldn't play this game for more than 10 hours, I will be 100% happy for the purchase and satisfied with the game if I only get to mess around with the character creator and aimlessly explore the world. I'm not even thinking about trying to finish the game. I just want to mess around in that world for a while. I'm really excited about that.

Top Bottom