• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade X Localization Changes for Character Models

Peff

So is PersonaXIdea Factory even going to be localized at this point? It'd be kind of funny (AKA sad) if they ended up alienating both audiences.

random25

I guess I'm not affected by it, given that I'll probably use a male avatar.

Guess that's happens when we sensationalize Lyn's outfits. Not that it's not justified. It's just a chain reaction as to avoid further issues.

GamerJM

Banned
I'm fine with how they handled Lin but honestly this is a bit silly. It's not something that significantly bothers me but it's something I do disagree with.

udivision

Because breasts come in many different sizes?

Like, are we just going to act like any reference to breasts has no purpose other than sexualization and that has to be prevented at all costs?

Because that's really silly

You can't change any characters build at all. It's just height and face.

Don't you think it's pretty obvious that bust slider had nothing to do with representing diverse body types, unless "every body type as long as it's skinny" was the goal?

I wouldn't care at all if I didn't know this existed, so I'm not especially bothered by it. But removing options in a character creator is really stupid.

Effect

The Lin changes once again make sense.

The bust slider change is dumb. As said they don't all come in a single size. I honestly wish there were more ways to customize your character not less. That's not being sexually exploitive but accepting reality. Removing it is stupid. Nintendo of America can't not do stupid thing things when it comes to their own products. It's not a deal breaker at all honestly but it's certainly another face palm moment.

It's not gonna stop me from purchasing the game, but it is disappointing that Nintendo's localization team desperately tries to baby-proof their content. Young characters with revealing bathing suits is on thing sure, but taking out character creation options is just silly.

I'll play a guy but this sucks for female players as they cannot match their own bust size with their character. Men win this round I guess, thanks Nintendo.

Zero²

Because breasts come in many different sizes?

Like, are we just going to act like any reference to breasts has no purpose other than sexualization and that has to be prevented at all costs?

Because that's really silly
Oh please, the reason this was in the game was clearly for sexualization, seeing the male counterparts dont even have chest sliders. Again this was a stupid custom, that only made characters look silly.
This was probably made to avoid people from recreating Lin and using the skimpy outfits.

Zareka

Uhhh, what? Lin I understand, changing breast size when creating a character makes total sense. I was probably making a male character anyway but that's such a silly decision.

Beth Cyra

You can't change any characters build at all. It's just height and face.

Don't you think it's pretty obvious that bust slider had nothing to do with representing diverse body types, unless "every body type as long as it's skinny" was the goal?
So then things need to be considered for addition.and not ripping something out.

Kinsei

Banned
It's not gonna stop me from purchasing the game, but it is disappointing that Nintendo's localization team desperately tries to baby-proof their content. Young characters with revealing bathing suits is on thing sure, but taking out character creation options is just silly.

That's probably why they did it. From what I've seen you can make some really young looking characters.

Prototype

I fully agree with covering up the 13 year old girl in a very revealing bikini.

The bust slider on the other hand feels like a step too far.

This isn't baby-proofing as much as it is "leave us the fuck alone, Internet".

Garlador

My fiance is pretty stacked... Disappointing Nintendo isn't okay with that.

Not a deal-breaker, but the game wasn't exactly for children anyway.

Fencedude

That's probably why they did it. From what I've seen you can make some really young looking characters.

So change the lower limits for the height and bust sliders of this is something so existentially terrifying

All this means is now people will make Oppai Lolis

Whooooo

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
big one looks bad anyway
zlCfzTS3SsAkZxV-hz

That's big? I feel like my mental scale of breast sizes may be out of whack.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
You mean I can't make gravity defying breasts?

DAY NEVER!!

El Odio

Banned
I see it's time for another controversial X thread already. I probably wouldnt have even touched the bust slider if I make a female character and it's not even clise to taking away a huge part of creation process anyway.

Let's do another Operation Rainfall asking Nintendo of America to reverse the censorship of both Fatal Frame and Xenobalde X, then we can press them to never censor another game again.

My Facebook and Twitter accounts are ready =D

-The character creator has been modified so that the bust slider has been removed and so therefore when creating a female character, all female characters created by the player have by default medium-sized breasts.

Avatar Quote the shit out of me but

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I don't care if they censor/change/edit whatever the 13 year old girl, but the character I'm making? Why the fuck?

Jackshun

Banned
I'm ok with this. Having a bust slider is really weird when you think about it. You don't have a dick slider for guys. Let's focus on a great story with interesting characters and not on the female's tit size.

Hitokiri

Neo Member
I still feel it's self-censorship but I wanted the OP to be as neutral as possible.

It's censored, in a way that the word has been used for for at least several decades. The word is not exclusively used for *government* censorship and has not been used only for that in a long, long time, if it ever was. It's okay to use the word. We don't need to stop using the word because some people can't come to terms with the fact that they're okay with it or outright advocate it.

Fencedude

I'm ok with this. Having a bust slider is really weird when you think about it. You don't have a dick slider for guys. Let's focus on a great story with interesting characters and not on the female's tit size.

Because dicks aren't visible in normal clothing...?

I'm sorry but this is stupid. Okay, I understand that they want to avoid sexualization or whatever, but let's not pretend there's only one chest size in the world.

For now it's thankfully taking out stuff most of us won't miss, but yea (as you pointed out, it is a dumb approach.) But that's what happens with censorship. People make stupid, arbitrary choices.

I still refuse to get on board with this type of censorship just cause it happens to be taking care of stuff I wouldn't care for, for the time being.

Top Bottom