• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Min0

Now that Xenoblade X is done, I wonder what Monolith Soft will do next. Hopefully help with that Xenosaga HD collection(still a rumor for now, thanks Verendus), Namco pretty much said if they were to ever do it, they would want the team that developed the game.

Wouldn't that be a problem though? As far as I know Monolith is almost fully owned by Nintendo. I don't think they would let an internal team develop for other platforms.
or maybe the rumored Xensaga HD collection is actually Wii U exclusive lol

TheMoon

Wouldn't that be a problem though? As far as I know Monolith is almost fully owned by Nintendo. I don't think they would let an internal team develop for other platforms.
or maybe the rumored Xensaga HD collection is actually Wii U exclusive lol

Obviously MLSI wouldn't work on a Xenosaga Collection that would land on other platforms. I don't even understand why anyone would want them to waste their time on this even if it were Wii U exclusive.

Currently have
alien species moved into NLA including nopons and manons, each of them provide tons of normal quests. So many interesting side stories.
And so many NPCs killed by wrong dialog choices.;__;

RPGCrazied

Obviously MLSI wouldn't work on a Xenosaga Collection that would land on other platforms. I don't even understand why anyone would want them to waste their time on this even if it were Wii U exclusive.

Seems like the smarter decision. if they were going to do it. Release it on every console, maybe have some exclusive CE for the Wii U or something. Keep in mind Namco owns the Xenosaga ip, they can release it on anything they want.

Or Namco could try getting Hexadrive or Bluepoint to do it, but I think they might be to expensive.

Seems like the smarter decision. if they were going to do it. Release it on every console, maybe have some exclusive CE for the Wii U or something. Keep in mind Namco owns the Xenosaga ip, they can release it on anything they want.

Or Namco could try getting Hexadrive or Bluepoint to do it, but I think they might be to expensive.

Nintendo would never agree to monolith soft developing a collection if they didn't have exclusivity rights. Namco owns the ip, but that wouldn't stop an exclusivity clause being part of the contract

random25

Now that Xenoblade X is done, I wonder what Monolith Soft will do next. Hopefully help with that Xenosaga HD collection(still a rumor for now, thanks Verendus), Namco pretty much said if they were to ever do it, they would want the team that developed the game.

Xenoblade X Ep. II

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've left Elma and Lyn out of my party for 95% of my game, are you sure you're not high on Mirajuana? You're only locked to those two if you're in one of their Kizuna quests or a Story quest, which probably isn't very long compared to time spent doing other things in the game. Unless you're only doing those things. I've been able to raise everyone's Kizuna enough while doing random other quests, that I was able to do their Kizuna quests when they become available without any problems. The Kizuna talks also help a lot with that.

I've just left Elma and Lyn in since they are required for almost every bit of the main content in the game. Makes sense just to keep them in the party at all times if you're going to be forced to use them anyway. Keep em leveled up and such.

random25

Does the game end with a cliffhanger? :p Don't answer that, I want to find out myself.

Well, let's just say that there's just a big room to expand the franchise. A sequel, a prequel, a story of the alien's side...anything's possible if we look at how Takahashi explores the depths of the story of his games.

Escalario

Banned

Nintendo isn't gonna lend part of one of their internal studios to a 3rd party unless the game is exclusive to a Nintendo console.

Dat story mission 10 boss tho!
It was a good fight, quite epic.

My goal right now is to get a lot of the party members to either 2* or 3* affinity to get their next Kizuna quest, because the required level is now really low compared to mine so I better do them sooner rather than later.
I won't go into chapter 11 at least until that's done.

I've just left Elma and Lyn in since they are required for almost every bit of the main content in the game. Makes sense just to keep them in the party at all times if you're going to be forced to use them anyway. Keep em leveled up and such.
The only story thing I had trouble with was one fight in chapter 4. Aside from that, levels(or keeping teammates up to speed) haven't really been a problem for anything main-story related. The "side" content has been massively eclipsing the story anyway.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Nintendo isn't gonna lend part of one of their internal studios to a 3rd party unless the game is exclusive to a Nintendo console.

Which it most likely will be since they said they arent willing to do the HD remaster unless the director is onboard.

foxuzamaki

Just beat chapter 10, but it wasn't all that exciting(I guess I am level 58...). A certain Kizuna quest that became available after it made it all worth it, though. Definitely looking forward to the rest of that line.

I've left Elma and Lyn out of my party for 95% of my game, are you sure you're not high on Mirajuana? You're only locked to those two if you're in one of their Kizuna quests or a Story quest, which probably isn't very long compared to time spent doing other things in the game. Unless you're only doing those things. I've been able to raise everyone's Kizuna enough while doing random other quests, that I was able to do their Kizuna quests when they become available without any problems. The Kizuna talks also help a lot with that.

Is it because you didnt like Elma and lyn?

Astral Dog

They will wait to see how Xenoblade X does first before starting another game, meanwhile Monolith will support other teams to finish development faster and work on PXZ 2.

foxuzamaki

They will wait to see how Xenoblade X does first before starting another game, meanwhile Monolith will support other teams to finish development faster and work on PXZ 2.

Well monolithsoft has their 2nd team working on PXZ, and I believe the third team is the one helping out other teams, tho the main team probably helps occasionally aswell.

TheMoon

Well monolithsoft has their 2nd team working on PXZ, and I believe the third team is the one helping out other teams, tho the main team probably helps occasionally aswell.

Monolith Kyoto is the support studio. That's their only job.

The main Tokyo studio is doing the original games. They don't do support work.

Given that characters not in the active party don't get xp (why did they change this from Xenoblade!?), how difficult is it to keep everyone leveled? Is it viable or should I just pick a couple favorites to use?

Also do you level up skills via AP ala Xenoblade? If so, how long will it take to get everyone in the party enough AP to max up their skills?

Given that characters not in the active party don't get xp (why did they change this from Xenoblade!?), how difficult is it to keep everyone leveled? Is it viable or should I just pick a couple favorites to use?

Also do you level up skills via AP ala Xenoblade? If so, how long will it take to get everyone in the party enough AP to max up their skills?
Eh, if you can kill some higher level things without needing a lot of help from the party, you could bump their levels up pretty quickly. The Dolls make that a lot easier too. After a few hours of doing things with a different set of allies, they're usually not more than ~5-10 levels below me by the time I'm done doing whatever.

BP depends entirely on how much you explore, open chests, and fill in the collepedia(or whatever else gives it). Unlike exp, BP does fill up for allies no matter where they are, even brand new ones. To max a single art it takes like...170 BP? Maybe only 100 for a skill. All of my allies have maxed out every art on their main palette and a few extras, and had more than enough to max their best skills. It shouldn't really be a huge problem.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The only story thing I had trouble with was one fight in chapter 4. Aside from that, levels(or keeping teammates up to speed) haven't really been a problem for anything main-story related. The "side" content has been massively eclipsing the story anyway.

What side content are you talking about? The quests that aren't classified as main story/kizuna?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Just go buy like a cheap armor set, have a bunch of exp up gems set aside after socketing said set. Then stuff it all in, equip the low lv player. Put them in a high lv doll and go kill things way over their level. They will catch up in no time trust me on that. :)

Eh, if you can kill some higher level things without needing a lot of help from the party, you could bump their levels up pretty quickly. The Dolls make that a lot easier too. After a few hours of doing things with a different set of allies, they're usually not more than ~5-10 levels below me by the time I'm done doing whatever.

BP depends entirely on how much you explore, open chests, and fill in the collepedia(or whatever else gives it). Unlike exp, BP does fill up for allies no matter where they are, even brand new ones. To max a single art it takes like...170 BP? Maybe only 100 for a skill. All of my allies have maxed out every art on their main palette and a few extras, and had more than enough to max their best skills. It shouldn't really be a huge problem.

Just go buy like a cheap armor set, have a bunch of exp up gems set aside after socketing said set. Then stuff it all in, equip the low lv player. Put them in a high lv doll and go kill things way over their level. They will catch up in no time trust me on that. :)

Thanks for the responses, guys! Good to know there are ways to mitigate this.

I'm still utterly puzzled as to why they changed this from the original, especially since there appear to be more playable characters in this game.

Can someone who finished it tell me how the end is handled (without story spoilers) once you finish the last story mission?
Is it like any other mission where you go back to the town and continue exploring/questing as if nothing happened?

bigjig

Finally going for the Doll license now. Anyone know where I can find 3 ギ・ドウかぼちゃ on the east desert continent?

so, what's the highest level needed for a required story quest?

30 iirc.

Can someone who finished it tell me how the end is handled (without story spoilers) once you finish the last story mission?
Is it like any other mission where you go back to the town and continue exploring/questing as if nothing happened?

Basically, yes.

Finally going for the Doll license now. Anyone know where I can find 3 ギ・ドウかぼちゃ on the east desert continent?

Around area
from some wikia. Find rate is pretty low IMO.

kubus

Ok thanks. I don't have that data probe unlocked, could you give me a rough idea where abouts that is?

Probes are counted up > down and left > right. So even if you haven't unlocked a few, you can still find out which one it is!

I recall that specific collectible item to be a real pain in the ass to collect. Good luck!

bigjig

Probes are counted up > down and left > right. So even if you haven't unlocked a few, you can still find out which one it is!

I recall that specific collectible item to be a real pain in the ass to collect. Good luck!

Yep got it - thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm finally back in town after Tokyo Indie Fest, and I can play Xenoblade X again. HOORAY!

Three days without Xenoblade was tough. :(

Does anyone know/can someone PM me where Yadorii is during the card key mission when he's supposed to be in front of the Arms Company in the middle of the night? Do you need to have done Story Quest No. 6?

Does anyone know/can someone PM me where Yadorii is during the card key mission when he's supposed to be in front of the Arms Company in the middle of the night? Do you need to have done Story Quest No. 6?
Directions can be misleading :p
Try checking the area from the bottom of the city, in the water.

I assume you got the key but can't find where to deliver it?
If so, he should be at the base level of the city, where there's a lot of water. Just swim to somewhere with boxes.

Directions can be misleading :p
Try checking the area from the bottom of the city, in the water.

I assume you got the key but can't find where to deliver it?
If so, he should be at the base level of the city, where there's a lot of water. Just swim to somewhere with boxes.

Thank you. I thought of the lower level, but never thought of that.
I hate how the BLADE map on the GamePad only has one level even though there's effectively three levels.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thank you. I thought of the lower level, but never thought of that.
I hate how the BLADE map on the GamePad only has one level even though there's effectively three levels.
Remember that if you have a destination marked on your minimap you can always use the navi ball to guide you there.

Schlomo

Questions about combat:

- Is there any way to tell which Arts cause Stagger and Fall without reading the tiny Arts descriptions? It's a shame they changed the color coding from Xenoblade.

- What is the meaning of the symbols to the left of the Arts description text?

- Is it worth messing with Soul Voice customization? The menu just looks overwhelming to me.

- Some Arts mention things like "stronger as a long-range combo". Does that mean they are stronger if I auto-attack with the gun when choosing the Art?

Top Bottom