• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teasing New Announcements (Senran Kagura Vita? +More)

Yuterald

No Steam games? Going to continue to be annoying and sound like a broken record. Get Falcom to code/program Steam versions of Xanadu Next and the Zwei games, please. Oh...and Brandish PSP as well.

In all seriousness, I'd kill for Nayuta. Can't believe people want Senran games over something like that, ugh
Nothing against them, sure they're cool games, just haven't played 'em yet
. I find it funny that I can't even agree/get on the same page with weirdo/niche game fans. Anyway, I swear someone who imported Nayuta said it reminded them of a PSone era action/adventure game like Threads of Fate/Klonoa. I need that in my life. =(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
will obviously buy senran kagura vita day one

xseed is one of the best publishers out there right now

Yasumi

Banned
No Steam games? Going to continue to be annoying and sound like a broken record. Get Falcom to code/program Steam versions of Xanadu Next and the Zwei games, please. Oh...and Brandish PSP as well.

In all seriousness, I'd kill for Nayuta. Can't believe people want Senran games over something like that, ugh
Nothing against them, sure they're cool games, just haven't played 'em yet
. I find it funny that I can't even agree/get on the same page with weirdo/niche game fans. Anyway, I swear someone who imported Nayuta said it reminded them of a PSone era action/adventure game like Threads of Fate/Klonoa. I need that in my life. =(

This was posted on the Playstation blog, so of course it doesn't have any Steam games. The only things in that pic are PS3, Vita, or PSP games. PS4 maybe.

cj_iwakura

Book of Shadows kind of me turned me off to Corpse Party. The first one was decent but the second one was just boring. I'd be more interested in Ys VS Trails.

Did you see the true end of BoS? That makes the ending of the original look like a kid's film. My god.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heres hoping this one has a physical release but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess it will be digital only as well.
I'll look for it, but I heard them say something about fear of media picking up on the game being sold in stores & stuff. It seems very likely it'll be digital only, similar to Burst, in order to lower the chances of something like that from happening.

Edit: Here we go:

Shinovi Versus ratchets up the "humour" aspect quite a bit, making Burst seem tame by comparison, so if we work on the title and plan for a physical release then there's always the risk of some mainstream news outlet catching wind of it and deciding to run a crusade against it.

Worst case scenario, the news segment gets wide distribution and people that normally have nothing to do with gaming start petitioning retailers to pull it off store shelves, leaving us with tons of unsellable inventory.

We will need to be sure this can't happen before committing to a physical release.

Yuterald

This was posted on the Playstation blog, so of course it doesn't have any Steam games. The only things in that pic are PS3, Vita, or PSP games. PS4 maybe.

Oh, fart, right. Saw XSEED and "tease" and immediately went into speculation mode without reading the rest.

Okay everyone, let's get down to business...

82RPV5l.png

eaeHWUD.png

Who are these people???

Tohsaka

Book of Shadows kind of me turned me off to Corpse Party. The first one was decent but the second one was just boring. I'd be more interested in Ys VS Trails.

Edit:

Thanks! I think I'll end up trying out both at some point.

Heres hoping this one has a physical release but I'm not holding my breath.

The ending of Book of Shadows made me really want to play the next one. Hopefully it actually comes out in Japan soon so XSEED can start localizing it. Really looking forward to Shinovi Versus too since I liked Burst and most people seem to think the former is better.

Kusagari

I'll look for it, but I heard them say something about fear of media picking up on the game being sold in stores & stuff. It seems very likely it'll be digital only, similar to Burst, in order to lower the chances of something like that from happening.

Edit: Here we go:

They could at least do a limited physical release through their online store.

cj_iwakura

The ending of Book of Shadows made me really want to play the next one. Hopefully it actually comes out in Japan soon so XSEED can start localizing it. Really looking forward to Shinovi Versus too since I liked Burst and most people seem to think the former is better.

Can't they do Dead Patient in the meantime?

Clov

Vita cards are more expensive than the UMDs the PSP used, so I'm not certain how viable it would be to them to do a small physical print. I'd love for them to do it if possible though; I only have a 4GB memory card on my Vita, and those things are expensive.

Astarte

That's right, but it still very much captures the spirit of the 3DS games, being a more fast-paced musou game with air combos.

Well now I'm actually interested! It's kinda funny how this is going to be the game that's going to make me get a Vita.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Clov makes a good point, as I don't know if they'd be able to afford a small print, though maybe they could do something among the lines of "Hey, if ##,### people pre-order, we'll do a physical run to everyone that pre-ordered" or whatever. I think Class of Heroes 2 did something like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think someone needs to overlay the two together, because as neat as it would be to have Akiba's Trip 2, I'm not seeing it. I KIND OF do, but I need more proof before I get my hopes up.

I think someone needs to overlay the two together, because as neat as it would be to have Akiba's Trip 2, I'm not seeing it. I KIND OF do, but I need more proof before I get my hopes up.
It totally is the same guy. Look at the piece of hair that sticks up on the top if his head.

Anyway, I hope the third silhouette is something more interesting. I'm not a fan of either the Senran Kagura or Akiba's Trip series.

It was actually someone on the XSEED forums, I linked it in my post :p
Well then, good job XSEED forum, you're 2 for 2.

GAF detectives are going out of business.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It totally is the same guy. Look at the piece of hair that sticks up on the top if his head.
Hmm, guess I wasn't seeing it since he was facing the opposite direction of the silhouette. In any case, if it turns out to be true, getting both SV AND Akira's Trip 2 is gonna be awesome for my Vita. Xseed is really doing a great job over the years.

Did you see the true end of BoS? That makes the ending of the original look like a kid's film. My god.

The ending of Book of Shadows made me really want to play the next one.

I actually didn't beat BoS. I beat the first one but I got bored playing the second one. I might have to look up the ending now.

Clov makes a good point, as I don't know if they'd be able to afford a small print, though maybe they could do something among the lines of "Hey, if ##,### people pre-order, we'll do a physical run to everyone that pre-ordered" or whatever. I think Class of Heroes 2 did something like that.

I was hoping other publishers would do that for some games since Gaijinworks did but so far no one has.

Yasumi

Banned
Another game I'm doubledipping on. Ahhh, this is awesome. If that last one's God Eater 2, I'm going to laugh.

Top Bottom