• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teasing New Announcements (Senran Kagura Vita? +More)

Oh wow, Akiba's Trip 2 as well?! That'd be amazing. I imported that because I thought for sure it'd never get localised. Surprisingly, it's a very text-heavy game.

I'm so sad about Wizardry 2 for the PS3 now. I really want it... ;_;

brandish4-8.png

Maybe this?
Nah, hair doesn't match and the collar is too high.

drproton

Maybe the second character is the MC from Fate/Extra CCC.

Marvelous published that in Japan, and now that XSEED is Marvelous USA...

slukH5L.png

The best I could find is some generically spiky hair rather than a perfect match.

Tohsaka

slukH5L.png

The best I could find is some generically spiky hair rather than a perfect match.

I'd love that but Aksys published the first one, and they kinda hinted at doing the second as well so I doubt XSEED will be involved.

cj_iwakura

slukH5L.png

Oh god, I wish, but I think that's still Aksys' baby.

And his hair is fairly longer.

slukH5L.png

Not seeing it. Hair and collar don't match.

We also need omgfloofy to come and tell us exactly which Kiseki game that specific cat image is from.

Yasumi

Banned
From what I understand it's an open world-ish action RPG. You talk to people, find out who are vampires, and beat the living hell out of them.

It looks fun, and I like Acquire's titles.

To elaborate on this, you have three melee attack types: low, medium and high. You attack the height of the layer you want to remove, and then use a grab to pull it off. Different weapon types change your fighting style almost completely. It gets really intense since you're just as susceptible as the enemies. It's a lot of fun.

Alboreo

Definitely up for Akiba's Trip and Senran Kagura. I need to buy a new Vita, though. I swore I wouldn't until the 2000 model or Vita TV came over, but still...

Interested to see what the third game is.

Necroth

Neo Member
I was thinking the last one was Ares from Brandish PSP, but I can't find any art that matches the silhouette. It's too bad, 'cause, if they did announce it, I'd get it on day one. Oh well.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Akiba's Trip 2 is great. Fuck the haters. Never thought it would be localized though.

vall03

Wait, people are now speculating Akiba's Trip 2? Yes please! These are the type of games I really wish are getting localized.

worldofys.com/celceta/mishy.html

The art is from Celceta.
Thanks, that's another mystery solved.

Still the tiny head in question. A reminder...

eaeHWUD.png

Wait, people are now speculating Akiba's Trip 2? Yes please! These are the type of games I really wish are getting localized.
One of the three mystery silhouettes is a character from the game, so it's pretty much a lock.

vall03

One of the three mystery silhouettes is a character from the game, so it's pretty much a lock.

That would be really awesome. Though I hope XSEED releases games on retail more often. I want Senran Kagura on 3DS, but no retail is a bit disappointing.

That would be really awesome. Though I hope XSEED releases games on retail more often. I want Senran Kagura on 3DS, but no retail is a bit disappointing.
I prefer retail releases too, but it seems their expansion into digital is giving them a chance to release more games. I'd rather get the chance to play the game, even if it is just a digital version.

Yasumi

Banned
I'm surprised that XSeed's going ahead with Akiba's Trip 2. There's so much licensed stuff in there, it seems like it would cost a lot. Maybe Acquire's taking care of it for them.

We've all become terrible e-detectives. (Well, except for Hatsuu.)

Before we figured out a 5x5 pixel of someone's boob. Now we can't even find an entire head. :/

fates

If Senran Kagura is physical on Vita I might give it a shot. It probably won't be though...

I mean there's more to it than boobs right

Hubb

If Senran Kagura is physical on Vita I might give it a shot. It probably won't be though...

I mean there's more to it than boobs right

Well I wasn't expecting burst to be as good as it was in terms of character building/story/back story. It wont win any writer's awards, but it went way above my expectations (I was expecting code of princess level of terrible).

The fan service was also a lot more tame than I thought.

As far as physical goes, I pretty much prefer digital for handhelds anyway. Hopefully being digital only wont keep too many people away. Titles like these need as much purchases as possible.

fates

Of course. There's ass, too.

The circle is complete.

Well I wasn't expecting burst to be as good as it was in terms of character building/story/back story. It wont win any writer's awards, but it went way above my expectations (I was expecting code of princess level of terrible).

Really? I was more talking about the gameplay, since I hear the games are pretty fun. But hearing that they actually put some effort into the characters is... interesting.

Hubb

Really? I was more talking about the gameplay, since I hear the games are pretty fun. But hearing that they actually put some effort into the characters is... interesting.

Yeah I was confused. A lot of it is presented like a VN, but the game is broken into chapters and inside those chapters you have:

Events - story + fight
Practice - fights and some of them have things like time challenges attached to them.

There are usually more Events than the Practice portions per chapter.

Otome games seem more of Aksys' thing, really.
There's been some talk on XSEED's side about them.

There's actually a really awesome otome game by Marvelous that I think would be perfect for XSEED, called Bakumatsu Rock. It's a combination rhythm game/visual novel set during a fictionalized version of the last days of the Tokugawa Shogunate, where instead of warriors, there are rock stars. It's pretty amazing, and I think it would have an expanded appeal the same way Hakuoki and Sweet Fuse do.

It's for PSP too, but sadly none of the characters match the silhouette.

Now I'm hearing about Akiba's Trip 2 as well as Shinovi Versus!? Wow, Xseed wants all my money.

Also, the OP theme for Akiba's Trip 2 is marvelous.

Yasumi

Banned
What are we actually looking at here?
eaeHWUD.png

So as far as I can tell, it's a male character wearing some kind of jacket, casual or a uniform, facing left judging by the shape of the fairly pronounced collar, but he could be facing either way in the actual art. Hairstyle doesn't seem too wild.

I was thinking Exstetra but couldn't find anyone that matched. Maybe a Zero no Kiseki side character?

Top Bottom