• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teasing New Announcements (Senran Kagura Vita? +More)

Eusis

eaeHWUD.png

ibyqXCEZCS2hPl.jpg

This kind of looks like Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate.

Possible Vita release?
Would be nice, they probably need a partner to get it going and I think XSEED has a business relationship with the Japanese publishers (same as Corpse Party I believe.) It's also probably one of the more desired visual novels out there, I know I want to check it out anyway.

Tohsaka

eaeHWUD.png

ibyqXCEZCS2hPl.jpg

Possible Vita release?

Kind of doubt it, the PC version is getting localized soon by Jast. I don't see them releasing two different versions with different publishers in the same year.

chrono01

Would be nice, they probably need a partner to get it going and I think XSEED has a business relationship with the Japanese publishers (same as Corpse Party I believe.) It's also probably one of the more desired visual novels out there, I know I want to check it out anyway.

Kind of doubt it, the PC version is getting localized soon by Jast. I don't see them releasing two different versions with different publishers in the same year.
True enough.

For some reason, though, Okabe was the first character that jumped in my mind when I saw that silhouette, despite the possibility being extremely slim [if not impossible].

Eusis

It's why I mentioned a partner, JAST has no console presence and would probably have trouble getting that, but XSEED could well work with them to get the same translation on the Vita version and brought out here.

Tohsaka

It's why I mentioned a partner, JAST has no console presence and would probably have trouble getting that, but XSEED could well work with them to get the same translation on the Vita version and brought out here.

If it happened I'd buy the Vita version. I already played the fan translation on PC but I like trophies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, as great as the Vita version would be of Steins;Gate (especially the other two games for it), I can't help but think that's really pushing it. & I don't think there's any artwork of him flat-out facing forward like that from the games (though if DetectiveGaf wants to look into that, go right ahead).

Elvick

Banned
I hope that they offer a limited retail run. Otherwise, I will not care. Especially based on past Xseed pricing of digital only localizations. Despite wanting both games we assume are hinted at.

Tohsaka

I hope that they offer a limited retail run. Otherwise, I will not care. Especially based on past Xseed pricing of digital only localizations. Despite wanting both games we assume are hinted at.
I could seem them doing a retail release of Akiba's Trip 2 since it has a PS3 version. Tom said on their forums that they always try to do retail releases whenever possible. I always prefer retail versions as well but I wouldn't pass on a game just because there wasn't one. Senran Kagura Burst was $30 which I thought was fair, the game has a lot of content and Capcom charged the same for Phoenix Wright 5.
We need the Vita version of Fate: realta Nua here first goddamn it.

i wish. Type-Moon wants too much for the license though, so I don't see it ever happening. I've though about just importing it anyway since I've already finished it on PC and I want the trophies.

Eusis

Man, as great as the Vita version would be of Steins;Gate (especially the other two games for it), I can't help but think that's really pushing it. & I don't think there's any artwork of him flat-out facing forward like that from the games (though if DetectiveGaf wants to look into that, go right ahead).
I did think it was a stretch, and even such a partnership would probably be a stretch (admittedly Atlus seems more like the one to go for those anyway) but it does seem one of the more plausible ways to get it on consoles.
We need the Vita version of Fate: realta Nua here first goddamn it.
That's true, and kind of crazy Aksys hasn't done anything given they're getting a full blown visual novel on the PS3 and released Fate/Extra. Maybe they just have yet to announce it or something...

Takao

Banned
The last game is for PSP. Tom said this in the XSEED forums:

You might be right. But then again, if we get a good enough deal on a game that some of us in the office particularly like and push for, out of the blue is VERY possible -- that's how Corpse Party came to be, after all!

Anyway, the answers you seek maaaaay be in the holiday card image at the above-posted link. Examine it closely, and let the guessing commence. Definitive answers will come... in many months. Mwa ha ha. ;)

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27025&#entry825516

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Shinovi Versus will be bought. XSEED, limited physical release this time, please. Even if just off your website or something.

Eusis

Shinovi Versus will be bought. XSEED, limited physical release this time, please. Even if just off your website or something.
They probably need to partner with a company for that stuff themselves, their online store was literally just spare space in their office. With all these Kickstarters though I imagine there's SOMEONE willing to handle this stuff for them.

eaeHWUD.png

ibyqXCEZCS2hPl.jpg

Possible Vita release?

That looks a great deal like Hououin Kyouma.

If they're going to localize it at this point, it better include Linear Bounded Phenogram. Then I can finally say my life was worth living and I can die without regrets.

JAST fell off the face of the Earth awhile back, I don't think anyone knows when or if the Windows version of the game will ever be released?

Eusis

JAST fell off the face of the Earth awhile back, I don't think anyone knows when or if the Windows version of the game will ever be released?
They tweeted just two hours ago that the plan is still to release February 28th. If they fell off the face of the Earth they managed to keep Twitter access in the process, which is more than Tecmo Koei USA can claim.

Elvick

Banned
I could seem them doing a retail release of Akiba's Trip 2 since it has a PS3 version. Tom said on their forums that they always try to do retail releases whenever possible. I always prefer retail versions as well but I wouldn't pass on a game just because there wasn't one. Senran Kagura Burst was $30 which I thought was fair, the game has a lot of content and Capcom charged the same for Phoenix Wright 5.

i wish. Type-Moon wants too much for the license though, so I don't see it ever happening. I've though about just importing it anyway since I've already finished it on PC and I want the trophies.
I don't blame people for being okay with it. I understand why it doesn't matter to most (I know I'm a minority). Doesn't change that I don't like it and it's a deal breaker for most stuff for me. Unless it drops to $10 or under.

I'd even support a kickstarter for it at least then I'd have some hand in the outcome. Have Xseed ever addressed doing that?

Clov

The last game is for PSP.

Glad to see some confirmation! I'm very happy about that; there's a lot of great looking games that got left behind in Japan on the PSP. To have more of them come over here in 2014 of all times is nothing short of a miracle.

Arsenic13

For those wondering about Corpse Party: Blood Drive, the third game in the Heavenly Host series, XSEED spoke to me a few months back expressing interest in localizing it, but no plans had been made yet. I'm sure they will!

Blood Drive is also a Vita game that returns to the gameplay style of Blood Covered.

If Senran Kagura is physical on Vita I might give it a shot. It probably won't be though...

I mean there's more to it than boobs right

$10 says we'll have another "digital only in US, then retail release in EU 6-12 months later because Zen United is entirely staffed by insane people" situation as with Burst.

Only this time, the retail copy hardliners can import the EU version due to no region locking, everyone wins.

Besides, at least Sony has enough wit to have a working account system, so if you lose or sell your Vita, you still keep your games, unlike with the Nintendo consoles, which was the big, valid hang-up from Burst's digital-onlyness. Honestly? Bring on the games that are only affordable to publish (or indeed made possible to make) by digital distribution.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Edit: Likely unrelated to this specific tease, but I think they have also teased Corpse Party 2 for PC. They were supposed to have a non-Falcom PC announcement a while back and something that would have been fitting for October. Seems that one has gotten pushed back quite a bit.

They've only released Chapter 1 in Japan thus far.

Blood Drive for Vita was delayed to 2014

Koppai

If Senran Kagura Burst is doing well on the Nintendo eShop I have no doubt that Shinobi Versus will be released on PSN for Vita.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
$10 says we'll have another "digital only in US, then retail release in EU 6-12 months later because Zen United is entirely staffed by insane people" situation as with Burst.

Only this time, the retail copy hardliners can import the EU version due to no region locking, everyone wins.

Besides, at least Sony has enough wit to have a working account system, so if you lose or sell your Vita, you still keep your games, unlike with the Nintendo consoles, which was the big, valid hang-up from Burst's digital-onlyness. Honestly? Bring on the games that are only affordable to publish (or indeed made possible to make) by digital distribution.

Yeah, it's definitely not exactly the same situation as Burst. There are more options given the region free Vita, and Sony's much more competent at digital distribution as a whole.

Still, I'd love for them to do what they can as far as getting us a physical copies.

Looking forward to some more Senran Kagura bouncing tits action in 2014. Hopefully its retail release and not digital only, but will be happy either way.

t26

Depends if Zen United wants a physical release in Europe. If they don't then Xseed can release the PSN in Europe by themselves.

Steel

Banned
I think that part is photoshop in. Forgot what game Angry Joe was reviewing lol. You can put any game in that gif and it would be hilarious.

My guess from the last image is Soul Calibur.

I actually doubt Stein's; Gate as well, but it's remarkable how well the collar and hair matches from those pictures.

Dr. Buni

Hoping it is not some weird otaku shit like Senran Kagura.

Btw I always wanted to play Steins;Gate, since the anime is one of my favorites, so I'd love if it was released for the Vita.

Go back, read through the thread, and try again.

Depends if Zen United wants a physical release in Europe. If they don't then Xseed can release the PSN in Europe by themselves.

I'll be genuinely surprised if it's not some kind of multiple game deal. But yeah, tbh I'll prefer a digital only but somewhat on time Xseed release over available in retail but who knows when Zen United release.

Wait they're actually hinting at bringing CCC over? This late?

I'd given up all hope.

Aksys, dood. They do what they want.

Tohsaka

Btw I always wanted to play Steins;Gate, since the anime is one of my favorites, so I'd love if it was released for the Vita.

You realize that Visual Novels (Steins;Gate being a chief example, which is full of otaku culture) are considered "weird otaku shit" to most people, right?

Top Bottom