• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teasing New Announcements (Senran Kagura Vita? +More)

Clov

Mayushiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ alone makes S;G a weird otaku shit thing.

Tuturu~

Haven't played the VN, but the anime was pretty great. It would be neat if Xseed made a deal with Jast to bring over the Vita version, but I don't think that's it. The third title is a PSP game anyway, isn't it? We should be looking at more PSP titles to figure out that last shadow.

Hoping it is not some weird otaku shit like Senran Kagura.

Btw I always wanted to play Steins;Gate, since the anime is one of my favorites, so I'd love if it was released for the Vita.
You don't want "weird otaku shit like Senran Kagura" but then right after admit that you like a different series that is considered "weird otaku shit".

Prelude.

Tuturu~

Haven't played the VN, but the anime was pretty great. It would be neat if Xseed made a deal with Jast to bring over the Vita version, but I don't think that's it. The third title is a PSP game anyway, isn't it? We should be looking at more PSP titles to figure out that last shadow.

The game is even better and the OST is amazing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
eaeHWUD.png

If you want my opinion it looks adult(young characters have rounder faces) and he looks exactly in front of him(it's not in three/quarter), this should exclude 95% of modern Japanese games lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Presentation wise Shinovi is far superior.

For the actual game though? Burst is more enjoyable. Shinovi Versus is far too repetitive short and easy.
Wait, why wouldn't it be a new SK game for Vita? Are we just assuming it's a localization or do we have proof?

XSEED are localizers, that's why.

There is almost certainly going to be another SK announcement on...January 8th I believe? We talked about it last week. Probably SK 2

Voliko

Another Senran Kagura and Akiba's Trip 2? Ugh, why xseed? :/

I really hope it's not the case.
Agreed, but I can't think of anything exciting on the horizon off the top of my head that XSEED would have a shot at localizing outside of Falcom games.

It's the end of the 19th century in England...
Illuminating the nighttime streets of London covered in thick fog are gas lamps and the moonlight from between clouds.

Ladies and gentleman, be careful on the streets at night.
Things like scoundrels and mysteries hiding in the streets might be aiming at you.

Cases too large forthe highly prided English police force Scotland Yard are overflowing the streets.
If you happen to get caught up in an incident...please prepare yourself to accompany it.

A great detective with skillful intellect.

A bold and fearless phantom thief.

Now then, if Big Ben's ringing echoes across the streets of London, the curtain will open on love and adventure!

Hm, interesting. Wooing 19th century English gentlemen sounds fun. Will buy.

Here's the opening for the game

Sounds pretty cool, I'll get that one for sure. (The character designs are pretty meh though, but I'll get it to support the genre. I hope they do Bakumatsu Rock next.)

(I even looked at that game's web site last night while I was searching, but obviously I didn't look hard enough.)

Why is Mishi in that picture? lol He's from Zero/Ao and makes cameos in other Falcom games. =O
It's the version of it from Ys: Memories of Celceta. It is interesting that they used that character though, considering that it mostly appears in the Crossbell Kiseki games.

Clov

Well, looks like I'll be picking all of those up! Can't say I expected Xseed to localize an otome game, but I'm okay with it. Sounds pretty neat, in fact! I hope it'll get a physical release, but given that it's Xseed (and a PSP game in 2014) it'll probably be digital only. Still, nice to see more PSP games make it over.

Starting to look like that Aksys gamble paid off in spades.
The success of adventure games and VNs in North America in the past few years really warms my heart. Variety in the marketplace is always a good thing, and I'm glad that more publishers are realizing that.

Now they just need to go after more choice projects. *coughBATSUMATSUROCKcough* Hear that Wyrdwad? ;D

mothball

according to hatsu and other xseed employees here you'll be lost story wise since shinovi versus is like a sequel to burst

After playing through Shinovi Versus, the only thing I felt might have been added by playing Burst first was a deeper look at Asuka and Homura's rivalry.

But wow. As low as I thought the chances were for SV getting localized, I never even once considered the idea that Akiba's Trip 2 might make it over; we didn't even get the first. Pretty crazy if it really is one of the announcements.

Top Bottom