• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"y cant metroid crawl?" first time (Miiverse) players cry for help in Super Metroid

Goldmund

Is the door below a red one? If so, then I can see how they're stuck, if they don't know they're supposed to use rockets. They should know how to "crawl", though, as you need the morph ball ability to even get there; to get out, you have to fight the Chozo statue for the bombs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I honestly am not in much surprise, really.

ijX3EzSIF4ARe.gif

Hahahahahahh

,,How do I beat this guy'' is king.

But seriously, this just shows how much this awful generation has damaged gaming. I'm glad at least something like Dark Souls has gotten somewhat of a mainstream success, among all this dumbed down shit for ,,hardcore gamers'' (aka 15 year old dudebros that praise all the words of the Dorito Pope)

Haha, y u so mad?

Did you never get stuck on a game when you were younger, ever? It was called a Prima Guide.

I think it's not just kids. People have changed, mainly because of internet. In the past you would try to figure things out yourself. Or look it up in a book if you really couldn't solve it yourself.

Now your brain is trained to ask Google or people online seconds after you have a problem.

Yeah, it annoys me when my nephews do that when they're stuck in a game. I remember playing on the 3D zeldas with them and after getting stuck on one of the block moving puzzles I had to tell them not to look up the solution. Instead I took my time to figure it out, as that is part of the enjoyment.

Goldmund

There's nothing else to use...
I haven't played the game in years. Isn't this the first red door you're likely to go through? The path to the morph ball itself should be blue doors only. Maybe they assume the red doors have to be unlocked and then turn blue? We're quick to consider our assumptions facts, and we're quick to blame the environment for our poor interaction with it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Super Metroid's Miiverse is starting to overflow with this (as of today) meme. Good jon, internet.

Cuburt

Super Metroid has been praised for it's level design for years and now people are trashing it?

I don't know if most of you guys thinking these are all serious have played the game recently but having played through it for like 30 minutes or so today, many of these are trolling. You can't get to that point if you don't use the morph ball and if you continue down and beat the Chozo statue that attacks you, you get the bombs. It give you the bombs before you get to the blocks and tells you how to use it.

Taruranto

Man, can't wait for AlttP to get on the Miiverse.

Given the current state the Zelda series is, it's going to be... quite a sight.

you people should be glad that others are experiencing classic games. This can only be good for the industry.

Also, if you had a miiverse back when this game first came out I'm guessing you probably would have used it for advice.

Pineconn

Man, can't wait for AlttP to get on the Miiverse.

Given the current state the Zelda series is, it's going to be... quite a sight.

"what do i do i'm a buny, halp me pls"

You know, when I was very young (4 years old or so), it took me a while to figure out how to enter an action icon in Mario 3. I pressed every button on that damn controller except for the A button. I recall even begging with the game to let me start the level...

By age 7 I was able to beat Zelda II, Battletoads, and Myst, so come at me bros.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The only thing that genuinely stumped me in SM was having to use the power bomb to break the tube. Nintendo even repeated the trick with the dumb use of the power bomb at the end of Other M, in similarly obtuse fashion.

you people should be glad that others are experiencing classic games. This can only be good for the industry.

Also, if you had a miiverse back when this game first came out I'm guessing you probably would have used it for advice.
Well we didnt. We used our goddamned heads to figure out a problem.

Maxrunner

This is heartbreaking. The best part of Super MEtroid, is for you to discover things and experiment....these kids just look, no offense, a bit retarded....I wonder what would they do at the climbing and glass tunnel "puzzles", if you can call them that...

Vagabundo

This is heartbreaking. The best part of Super MEtroid, is for you to discover things and experiment....these kids just look, no offense, a bit retarded....I wonder what would they do at the climbing and glass tunnel "puzzles", if you can call them that...

The only difference between these kids and kids of the pre-internet world is that they can easily post their nonsense for all the world to see.

Trust me "y can't metroid crawl?" has been said to many a CRT tv over the years.

nkarafo

I'm surprised so many where stuck at Maridia tube.

I mean, its a GLASS tube... the first thing i did was to drop a normal bomb to see if it breaks. And when i got the power bomb the first thing i thought was "hey, maybe that tube will break with this". It was so obvious.

hao chi

The worst part is the intro talks about the last Metroid being in captivity. Did they think Samus was arrested, and the pterodactyl has helping him escape?

nubbe

I mean, its a GLASS tube... the first thing i did was to drop a normal bomb to see if it breaks. And when i got the power bomb the first thing i thought was "hey, maybe that tube will break with this". It was so obvious.

I didn't have a Ph.D. in physics when i was 12

beastmode

Playing this for the first time too. Game was going swell until this dummy

Boss_crocomire_SM.jpg

I thought I'd been very thorough so far so I kept at him, including one try that felt like it went on for an hour. Then google told me that inventory upgrades for the bigger missiles are a thing...

Was fairly obvious to me too, though I think it would have benefited from having an enemy or two crawling outside.

Rich!

I never had an issue with it either. I saw it, knew it was glass and thought 'I wonder if this will do anything..."

EXACTLY the same case with the glass pipe in Metroid Prime.

Top Bottom