• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0. 1/24/17 Less than a month to go. Let's make a difference.

Peroroncino

I just realized the Prime price means I'll only save $7 max if it drops to $39.99 in a couple of months or so. In other words, I should just get it.

7524jhl.gif

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Whoa, I didn't even notice! Thank you. :)

btw. As far as I'm aware asian version of Yakuza 0 didn't allow players to grab screenshots or record clips, does anybody know if that will change with the EU/US release?
you can in western release.

acklame

This campaign is working, I kind of want to get it. But between Nioh, Horizon, Persona, Yakuza plus games I got on sale during end of year there's just way too many games to play. How long is Yakuza 0?

Posted in community thread but posting here as well -

"there isn't a digital preorder, the game will be available on release."

SEGA Europe twitter.

MYeager

When is the embargo up? I could get this and GR2 at the same time but since I really won't be able to play both simultaneously, I'd figure I would just get one later...

I love Yakuza but Yakuza 5 soured me a bit.

Yakuza 5 while I loved the ambition of 5 it wasn't my favorite in the series. Yakuza 0 starts off slow but it keeps ramping up instead of constantly starting over again. One nice thing is they added 'Previously in this character's story...' recaps.

Endo Punk

Last Yakuza I bought was Y4 so it's about time for another one. Between this, Kenzen and Y6 this one appeals to me the most due to story, setting/era and gameplay wise with dat 60fps and multiple styles/characters. Gotta say quite disappointed with what I've seen of Y6, it was my intended purchase but gameplay looks inferior and is Kiryu seriously the only playable character??

Also the below video is a must watch. Got me major hyped for Y0 again.

https://youtu.be/CZD2eufsDII

hah! would that look better or worse than doing it across the top?
Hmmm... I think your idea might be better :)

Last Yakuza I bought was Y4 so it's about time for another one. Between this, Kenzen and Y6 this one appeals to me the most due to story, setting/era and gameplay wise with dat 60fps and multiple styles/characters. Gotta say quite disappointed with what I've seen of Y6, it was my intended purchase but gameplay looks inferior and is Kiryu seriously the only playable character??

Also the below video is a must watch. Got me major hyped for Y0 again.

https://youtu.be/CZD2eufsDII
Please don't watch it if you haven't already. It's a great video but it has too much spoilers.

Just listening through the OST right now...the soundtrack seems pretty much exactly like the other games in the series, meaning it's very non-80's, except for a bunch of cheesy vocal songs. Oh well.

Menitta

Joe is streaming now and he got the tweet! I missed the beginning of his stream but I think he's enjoying it more.

As he was reading off the message, Other Joe got bodied by Mr. Shakedown.

Edit: yeah.

xclk07

Have been playing the PS2 Yakuza (1) this weekend. I had coincidentally purchased it 3 days before the announcement that the remake was coming west, but hadn't had a chance to sit down for a while with it. It's dated as hell, the controls are a bit wack, but I'm REALLY enjoying the game in spite of that. Super excited for modern graphics and controla for Zero!!!

Wow, Joe barely even plays the game. It's like 2 mins of Yakuza and then 20 minutes of sushi, RE7, subs, buying stuff, etc.

And this is supposed to be his review run...

Jimrpg

Have been playing the PS2 Yakuza (1) this weekend. I had coincidentally purchased it 3 days before the announcement that the remake was coming west, but hadn't had a chance to sit down for a while with it. It's dated as hell, the controls are a bit wack, but I'm REALLY enjoying the game in spite of that. Super excited for modern graphics and controla for Zero!!!

How do you like the English voices?

Past

Wow, Joe barely even plays the game. It's like 2 mins of Yakuza and then 20 minutes of sushi, RE7, subs, buying stuff, etc.

And this is supposed to be his review run...

I doubt that he is going to beat the game for the review. He is planning to release the review when the embargo is up which is next Thursday. There's just no way that he will be able to beat the game, write the script for his comedy skit + review, film it and edit it all by next week. I think he already made up his mind on the game after his first stream and is going to review whatever little amount that he played.

I doubt that he is going to beat the game for the review. He is planning to release the review when the embargo is up which is next Thursday. There's just no way that he will be able to beat the game, write the script for his comedy skit + review, film it and edit it all by next week. I think he already made up his mind on the game after his first stream and is going to review whatever little amount that he played.
Yeah, and that's really not fair to the game.

brawly

Pretty sure he doesn't review games that he hasn't finished.

Jimrpg

Ah that's so annoying, I hope he continues playing a little longer, he's released his reviews later before so it could happen.

Off topic but I really get annoyed when sites or youtubers call their videos "reviews" when they've played like less than 5 hours. One I still remember, Project Cars this guy straight up said he played 5 hours and it was the best racing game of all time. Spoiler: it was trash.

Been more or less sticking to a blackout for Yakuza 0 but decided to take a look in this thread, happy to see so many people jumping into the series for the first time as it's a series that could use more love.

Yakuza experts I need advice

I have played and beaten Yakuza 1 & 2 on PS2 when they came out years ago. I own Yakuza 3-5 and have Yakuza 0 pre-ordered. My 2017 gaming resolution is to finally catch up but I'm not sure how I should go about doing it.

My options I've been debating:

1) Replay Yakuza 2 (I know the games do recaps but I still am thinking of revisiting it), then 3-5, and then 0 and Kiwami when it comes out this summer

2) play 3-5, then 0 and Kiwami when released

3) 0, 3-5 and then Kiwami

Jimrpg

^ I'd play 0 first and play that as much as you can then worry about the others later.

But if you want to play them in order after you beat 0 go

Kenzan, Ishin, Kiwami (when it releases in the Summer), 2, 3, 4, 5 and then 6 early next year.

Top Bottom