• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 4 Announcement Trailer + Boxart SEGA HAS LEARNED

Jigsaw

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Not possible since I don't have a Ps2 and Sony took out BC ( bastards ).

even with bc you wouldn't be able to complete the game,it freezes always on the same point on ps3

so go get a ps2 for them :p the recap thingy in yakuza 3 doesn't do the games justice,you can't squeeze 10 hours of cutscenes into 10 minutes

yes,the games have more cutscenes than metal gear solid games,and that's why yakuza 2 has probably the best story of all ps2 games ever released

well I never player 1 or 2 and I'm enjoying Y3 just fine. The story is still pretty good. It sort of reminds me of Unforgiven .

actually I like most about this game are the fights. It's got to be one of the best beat em ups I've played in a while the story and adventure and mini games and everything else are just icing on the cake.

Blueblur1

matmanx1 said:
Well, as loathe as I am to mention "Gamestop" around these parts I did happen to catch a segment on Gamestop TV the other day where Aaron from Sega was talking about how Y4 was coming over in it's complete form.
RubyEclipse was in a GameStop clip? Nice. :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Yakuza 3 only 12 euro's for us dutchies at Bartsmit.com

Now that's a great deal isn't it? I guess I'll pick it up :D

nib95

Banned
Bad ass box art. I sort of got bored of Yakuza 3, though it was still fun. Hoping 4 will be even better.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
MMaRsu said:
Yakuza 3 only 12 euro's for us dutchies at Bartsmit.com

Now that's a great deal isn't it? I guess I'll pick it up :D
Hmm, not there anymore? I'd totally pick it up for that price

Also, is the boxart seriously gonna have SEX printed on it, twice?

thcsquad

Never played a Yakuza game before, but from the looks of it I'm going to start with this. I suppose I'll need some kind of a recap of the earlier games? For Xenosaga Episode III I watched a compilation of all the cutscenes from the first two games before playing it. I'll need to find something similar for Yakuza 4.

Carnby

thcsquad said:
Never played a Yakuza game before, but from the looks of it I'm going to start with this. I suppose I'll need some kind of a recap of the earlier games? For Xenosaga Episode III I watched a compilation of all the cutscenes from the first two games before playing it. I'll need to find something similar for Yakuza 4.

parts 1 through 3 had recaps. i am sure part 4 will also.

GeoramA

slaughterking said:
I really, really like how SEGA is doing these trailers.
It's kinda unbelievable. They're going all out with Yakuza 4. Seems like they're a lot more proud of it compared to 3.

Ellis Kim

Banned
GeoramA said:
It's kinda unbelievable. They're going all out with Yakuza 4. Seems like they're a lot more proud of it compared to 3.
At the Sega Community event, RubyEclipse said that there was completely different marketing team behind Yakuza 4's promotions/boxart than the first one.

Ellis Kim said:
At the Sega Community event, RubyEclipse said that there was completely different marketing team behind Yakuza 4's promotions/boxart than the first one.
More like there actually is a marketing team behind Yakuza 4.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ellis Kim said:

I think they got the message then. Did they ever respond to fan complaints about the third game's boxart? I can't remember.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Kagari said:
I think they got the message then. Did they ever respond to fan complaints about the third game's boxart? I can't remember.

What would they respond, anyway? It's not like it has a watermark or something (like Okami)

bernardobri said:
What would they respond, anyway? It's not like it has a watermark or something (like Okami)
"We're sorry we had our secretary's 12 year old son manage the marketing and boxart for Yakuza 3. We realize this may have damaged sales."

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Blueblur1 said:
RubyEclipse was in a GameStop clip? Nice. :lol
Nice to hear it went live. :) We recorded that some time ago.

Also, since it hasn't been linked just yet, the newest video - Battle Trailer.

It's age-gated, so you'll need to be logged in to view it. (Sorry, but the ESRB will send men in dark suits after me otherwise.)

One other tidbit of info that some people may appreciate - Rex is gone. In his place, we have restored the original Japanese dog - 'Mame'.

Tailzo

Yakuza 4 is one of my most eagerly anticipated games this year. Even though I finished Y3 twice, I am starting to feel that Yakuza itch again :)

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Tailzo said:
Yakuza 4 is one of my most eagerly anticipated games this year. Even though I finished Y3 twice, I am starting to feel that Yakuza itch again :)
Good to hear. I've been playing through the English builds and trying to explore as much of the side-content as possible in my second playthrough. It's amazing just how much stuff I completely missed the first time through.

We made sure the message was passed on from Y3. : )

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
RubyEclipse said:

Also, since it hasn't been linked just yet, the newest video - Battle Trailer.

It's age-gated, so you'll need to be logged in to view it. (Sorry, but the ESRB will send men in dark suits after me otherwise.)

One other tidbit of info that some people may appreciate - Rex is gone. In his place, we have restored the original Japanese dog - 'Mame'.

Everything is looking great so far.

By the way, any tidbits on Yakuza PSP?

genjiZERO

I wish they make a realistic Yakuza themed game. Don't get me wrong, the Yakuza series is great and I look forward to playing 4 - but there are too many "good guys" - and it's all too unrealistically romantic. I'd also like to see more rituals and pinkie chopping.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
bernardobri said:
Everything is looking great so far.

By the way, any tidbits on Yakuza PSP?
Nothing from me right now on Yakuza PSP. Nagoshi's presentation on NGP yesterday was pretty sweet, though.

genjiZERO said:
I wish they make a realistic Yakuza themed game. Don't get me wrong, the Yakuza series is great and I look forward to playing 4 - but there are too many "good guys" - and it's all too unrealistically romantic. I'd also like to see more rituals and pinkie chopping.
Your wish will be granted in Yakuza 4. There's at least one nice scene with what might just be a severed finger being offered as an 'apology'.

RubyEclipse said:

Are you the blonde haired dude Geoff Kieley interviews about Yakuza 4? They play that vid a lot at Gamestop.

I try to tell as many people as I can about it. As far as quality vs sales/public knowledge it's the most underrated series in the last few years imo.

vocab

genjiZERO said:

A realistic Yakuza game would be about counting money. That's the game.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
robut said:
Are you the blonde haired dude Geoff Kieley interviews about Yakuza 4? They play that vid a lot at Gamestop.

I try to tell as many people as I can about it. As far as quality vs sales/public knowledge it's the most underrated series in the last few years imo.

Pic! (I'm on the left.)

Agreed that the game is severely underrated by the mass market. Thanks for telling other people - word of mouth and pre-orders are probably the two things that will most help the series over here.

God's Beard said:
Tax evasion and a lot of meth.

And then some other stuff, too. If it had all that, we'd probably have more ESRB rating descriptors than MADWORLD, and that game already had so many they had to make us a custom rating box to fit them all in.

Carnby

RubyEclipse said:

great. thanks for ruining the continuity! >:-/

just kidding

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
jaekwon15 said:
great. thanks for ruining the continuity! >:-/

just kidding

We've gone a step further, too! Smile Burger dating is out the window, and in are these fancy new places called Hostess Clubs, where you pay lots of money on expensive drinks and food so that you can build up 'hearts' with a girl. It throws the Yakuza 3 continuity out the window. And we're glad for that.

Seriously though, we do hope people will appreciate the steps taken to make the entire game more authentic to the original series. Changing Rex to Mame was just one of many steps that our producer here (Yas on the Yakuza forums) took to try and stay true to the games.

Carnby

RubyEclipse said:
Seriously though, we do hope people will appreciate the steps taken to make the entire game more authentic to the original series.

we truly do. (i already have part 4 preordered.) I'm thrilled that both 3 and 4 have been localized. i honestly didn't think it would happen. now here's hoping to Yakuza of the End getting localized. *crosses fingers*

FLEABttn

Banned
RubyEclipse said:
We've gone a step further, too! Smile Burger dating is out the window, and in are these fancy new places called Hostess Clubs, where you pay lots of money on expensive drinks and food so that you can build up 'hearts' with a girl. It throws the Yakuza 3 continuity out the window. And we're glad for that.

Seriously though, we do hope people will appreciate the steps taken to make the entire game more authentic to the original series. Changing Rex to Mame was just one of many steps that our producer here (Yas on the Yakuza forums) took to try and stay true to the games.

I'm not going to lie: there was something both hilarious and deeply satisfying about going to a Smile Burger and saying to a girl, "Hey, I like burgers, want to fuck?" And it actually working.

Thanks for the effort with Y4 though. Y3 was one of the better games of 2010.

PS drop some PSO news please

Top Bottom