• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 4 Announcement Trailer + Boxart SEGA HAS LEARNED

hamchan

Mooreberg said:
Just played Yakuza 3 in November and I loved it. How does this game handle the multiple characters? Does it switch based upon chapter and if so can you choose who you use for side missions? The walkthrough videos on GameTrailers have looked great. I'll just have to forget that the follow up to this is a zombie apocalypse game. :-\

You can only choose near the end of the story I think.

Don

Not sure if this has been posted already but it looks like Europe is getting a steelbook editon.

AaPni.jpg

Yakuza 4 SteelBook Edition Includes:
  • Yakuza 4 game in SteelBook packaging
  • Bonus costumes for Akiyama, Saejima, Tanimura, Kiryu and Haruka
  • Battle against the bosses in survival mode
  • Battle in the underground fighting arena
  • Race the bosses in underground car parks

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlaySta...Steelbook-Edition/~r353651/?d=1z13mmtZ1z13f85

BeeDog

That steelbook is markedly cheaper than the regular edition here in Sweden, so steelbook edition it is then!

Don said:
Not sure if this has been posted already but it looks like Europe is getting a steelbook editon.

AaPni.jpg

• Yakuza 4 game in SteelBook packaging
  • Bonus costumes for Akiyama, Saejima, Tanimura, Kiryu and Haruka
  • Battle against the bosses in survival mode
  • Battle in the underground fighting arena
  • Race the bosses in underground car parks

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlaySta...Steelbook-Edition/~r353651/?d=1z13mmtZ1z13f85

Thanks for the tip...this is a game that deserves a CE. Kuro...such a sexy word that I and many others associate with the Pioneer Kuro plasmas (and maybe Toro's friend), best of the best (and still pretty much are). Yes I know kuro = black in Japanese.

Also, all that bonus content listed is on-disc in the US version...right?

Katana_Strikes said:
Meh, I don't think I bothered with the bonus stuff you got with 3. And I love the boxart for the normal edition. Sticking!

Now I'll have 3 copies of RGG4 alone (US, EU and JP). Keeping the EU steelbook sealed obviously, a special edition for this treasure of a series is a rarity.

vocab

Ellis Kim said:
The Yakuza demos are never good anyways, and this is a confirmed purchase for me, so nvm.

The only good thing about the Yakuza 4 demo was checking out the fighting styles of the other 3 people. Yakuza 3 threw you in the game at chapter 5 for two quick boss battles.

should do a special edition with premade costumes that are unlocked for VF5FS, so you can dress your characters like ones from Yak4 day 1.

This is just another way of asking for VF5FS to come to consoles

AshMcCool

GeoramA said:
Best described as a beat-em-up with RPG elements (exp/leveling up)

Tons of sidequests too.

It IS a little bit like shenmue, no one can deny that.

One of Yakuzas core qualities (for me) is that the minigames almost always very very good developed with some slick mechanics.

bestami

Are there any exclusivity going on with those steelbooks ? I want it bad but there are only handfull of uk online shops that i can purchase from.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
ShadiWulf said:
Hostess Club trailer. SEGA wants to make sure everyone that was whining about it missing from the SEGA West version of Yakuza 3 knows it's in Yakuza 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9HPDSYsUI
You bet we do!

There's a lot of content built around the hostesses, so we hope people will have fun spending hours upon hours with them. Ah, and there won't be any missing girls this time, either. (I believe one was missing from Y3.)

Hope you guys enjoy the new trailer - and the short but sweet reference to the massage parlors, too.

Update: Demo for Plus users in the US should also be on the 15th, not the 16th.

matmanx1

Right on! Thanks, Ruby. Now if we could just get a special steelbook edition for the US as well I wouldn't ask for another thing.

delicious steelbook edition will be mine.

guess we're getting spoiled with nice packages now. too bad there won't be a soundtrack cd packed in this time though :(

luffeN

dallow_bg said:
So apparently there are two Steelbook editions for Europe.

Kuro and Shiro
Black and white.

but kuro and shiro means black and white.

edit: I am stupid. I misunderstood what you said xD

Shiro Edition: White Steelbook
500x500.jpg

luffeN

Die Squirrel Die said:
Are these a Game exclusive? I prefer to go elsewhere but if I must I'll buy from them. Now Kuro or Shiro?
game UK has the black one only so far. game from Australia has the white one.

androvsky

ShadiWulf said:
Hostess Club trailer. SEGA wants to make sure everyone that was whining about it missing from the SEGA West version of Yakuza 3 knows it's in Yakuza 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9HPDSYsUI

Wow, there's even a shot of Kiryu in an onsen, I was always a bit worried about that. That pretty much confirms all the side stuff short of whatever pachi-slot game was in this one, and the quiz game.

matmanx1

Wow what a great trailer that was. I love the narrator. Brings back fond memories from Yakuza 2 and the "Number 1 Host" quest. Awesome!

Jigsaw

Banned
yakuza has to be the most underrated series ever,let's hope it will recieve 80%+ metacritic this time,it should help boosting some sales

Aurelius

hamchan said:
Sega seems to be going all out for this. Now I'm just worried the sales expectations is too high.
I won't be part of the problem (again). I feel like I'm finally being rewarded by SEGA for sticking with the serie this long.

I guess it will be the Kuro edition for me.

0E9ju.jpg

Bonus content is meh though:

* Yakuza 4 game in SteelBook packaging
* Bonus costumes for Akiyama, Saejima, Tanimura, Kiryu and Haruka
* Battle against the bosses in survival mode
* Battle in the underground fighting arena
* Race the bosses in underground car parks

even the normal edition last year included the OST :/
I actually never did those extra battle stuff in Y3.. At least pack in some avatars or dynamic theme.

Also, I'm kinda torn because the standard cover is already badass ^^

Canova

Banned
SolidusDave said:
I guess it will be the Kuro edition for me.

0E9ju.jpg

Bonus content is meh though:

even the normal edition last year included the OST :/
I actually never did those extra battle stuff in Y3.. At least pack in some avatars or dynamic theme.

Also, I'm kinda torn because the standard cover is already badass ^^

yes, steelbook it is

Gacha-pin

Mooreberg said:
Just played Yakuza 3 in November and I loved it. How does this game handle the multiple characters? Does it switch based upon chapter and if so can you choose who you use for side missions? The walkthrough videos on GameTrailers have looked great. I'll just have to forget that the follow up to this is a zombie apocalypse game. :-\

It's based on the chapters. But the final chapter and after you finish the story, you can choose them freely.

I didn't like the idea that the game had four main characters this time. But as soon as I started the game, I was like hmmm, I loved this character and the end of the chapter, please let me play this character in the next chapter too. This happed in every chapter. Each character were writtend pretty well. It's hard for me to pick one.

one_kill

jetsetfluken said:
Shit, where can I order the Australia exclusive "Shiro Edition"? Game.co.au does not ship outside of Austrailia...
JB's advertising it on their website. If you preorder the Shiro Edition with them, you'll also get a copy of Yakuza 3.

one_kill said:
JB's advertising it on their website. If you preorder the Shiro Edition with them, you'll also get a copy of Yakuza 3.

Thanks.
The Shiro edition look so hot.

canova said:
wait, so all these steelbook editions are Europe only??

what about North America?

Kuro = EU, Shiro = AUS.
NA gets just the standard edition, nothing special. Apart from the sleek boxart.
But from what I understand all the Kuro/Shiro DLC is on-disc on the NA version. Maybe.

Only previous special content for this series was RGG3 limited white PS3 (and RGG3/4 Kamutai preorder magazines) and these two special editions.
Of course there's a lot of merchandise and promo material for the series in Japan, I myself am trying to get hold of as much as possible. Anyone else interested in the promo merchandise and such for the series? Stuff like store displays, posters, this.

matmanx1

jetsetfluken said:
Thanks.

NA gets just the standard edition, nothing special. But from what I understand all the Kuro/Shiro DLC is on-disc on the NA version. Maybe.

Only previous special content for this series was RGG3 limited white PS3 (and RGG3/4 Kamutai preorder magazines) and these two special editions.
Of course there's a lot of merchandise and promo material for the series in Japan, I myself am trying to get hold of as much as possible. Anyone else interested in the promo merchandise and such for the series? Stuff like store displays, posters, this.

I *almost* caved on the RGG3 white PS3 but already had a BC 60GB so in the end I passed on it. I still think it's probably the single best looking production PS3 ever (although my Slim White FFXIII model is gorgeous) and I'm really drooling over the Kuro and Shiro editions even though I'm in NA.

Oh and what's this "JB" website that has them available for shipping outside of Europe?

matmanx1 said:
I *almost* caved on the RGG3 white PS3 but already had a BC 60GB so in the end I passed on it. I still think it's probably the single best looking production PS3 ever (although my Slim White FFXIII model is gorgeous) and I'm really drooling over the Kuro and Shiro editions even though I'm in NA.

Yeah, at that time I also had a NA launch 60gb, but should have grabbed it as a collector's item. The thing is super expensive these days and hard to come by, either on Ebay or Yahoo Auctions JP.
The most proud RGG "rarities" I have are the two RGG1 JP promo store posters, very large. Should get them up and framed sometime soon.

Canova

Banned
jetsetfluken said:
Thanks.

Kuro = EU, Shiro = AUS.
NA gets just the standard edition, nothing special. Apart from the sleek boxart.
But from what I understand all the Kuro/Shiro DLC is on-disc on the NA version. Maybe.

vadernoooooooo.jpg

one_kill said:

Shit, when you go to try and buy it, it just brings you to the game section index. Is it sold out or an error?

Also only the standard edition comes up in a search.

Top Bottom