• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 screens

Yeah, let's keep discussion about the newest Yakuza dead and buried. That'll show Sega that we really want it!

If they do one of those Facebook / Twitter surveys to "test" the interest in localizing the game, I'll flood that shit single-handedly.

EDIT: typo

EDIT 2: and just to be clear that was a joke.

This week's Famitsu reveals that the game has somewhat of an Idolmaster-like production component, where you make Haruka take on daily lessons, then take part in auditions and performances via a rhythm mini game that shows Haruka dancing around as you press buttons with good timing.

Haruka's idol segment is part of the game's "Another Drama" component. Based off the few details leaking out of Famitsu, it appears that this part of the game presents side-stories for the various main characters.

Kiryu's Another Drama involves a "Taxi Battle." Yes, you will be given full control over your cab for this part, with some missions requiring that you transport passengers.

http://andriasang.com/con1jf/yakuza5_another_drama/

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
The new details are everything I was hoping for. Please release this in North America or Europe Sega. I'll do anything.

Anything.

IrishNinja

FUCK- oh god it sucks that this probably won't release over here :c

NoKax.jpg

you guys gotta stop saying this stuff!

The new details are everything I was hoping for. Please release this in North America or Europe Sega. I'll do anything.

Anything.

IAWTP

androvsky

Would be hilarious if Haruka end up joining AKB48. Can't see that happening though.
Right?

Nah, licensing would be too expensive / complicated. I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to join an idol group that happens to have 48 members though. I'd expect a Hatsune Miku DLC outfit for her...

And you have to defeat all 48 of them in dance battles in the street.

Kiryu

Your goal in the Race Battle is to avoid other cars and construction areas and get to the goal first. You'll be able to customize your taxi, adding tires, turbos, wheels, body decals, and other items. While driving, you can drift and make use of special moves like "Explosive Race Heat Action" and "Secret Explosive Acceleration."

Outside of the Race Battle, you'll also be able to drive passengers to and from their destination. Famitsu shows Kiryu in conversation with his passengers.

Saejima

Saejima's Another Drama is described as "hunting survival." Equipped with a hunting gun, you'll need to use stealth to approach and catch beasts. You'll also be able to make use of traps to catch your prey.

Haruka

You'll need to help Haruka out in her live performances by playing a rhythm game. This involves tapping circle, triangle, square and X buttons as they move across a cursor. Different from the Hatsune Miku series, the cursor stays in one position. Sokuho says that it looks more like the rhythm-based games in Dream Club.

Outside of the rhythm game, you'll need to take part in hand shake meetings, where you use the d-pad to determine Haruka's reaction. You'll also take part in simple quiz programs, respond to magazine interviews, and make talk show appearances. These will contribute to Haruka's idol knowledge.

Shinada

This, of course, is played like a batting mini game. As you bat, you'll learn skills, gaining the ability to make the ball slow down for instance. Shinada will also meet his former coach and will be able to strengthen his skills even further.

http://andriasang.com/con1jj/yakuza5_another_drama/

Endo Punk

The driving games has me really excited, hope SEGA can channel some of that Crazy Taxi awesomeness into the mix. If there's one thing Yakuza series really needs is that sense of speed.

Top Bottom