• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami = Review Thread -

I payed 60$ for Yakuza 0.

Even if you go by a dollar per hour, I still got more value out of it at over 70 hours played. And I enjoyed the FUCK out of those 70 hours.

13ruce

Banned
Day one at that price and a cool steelbook too, for 6 i will wait for a psn sale like 0.

Reviews sound good haven't played zero yet due backlog but i always wanted to try the series someday and kiwami seems to be launcing at a cool price with a cool steelbook too.

Probably when i got to it 6 is out and cheaper when i am finished anyway sounds promising.

I am always fascinated by criminal gangs (don't wanna join one tho lol) even if these games are more goofy i don't mind it and i love japanese culture

LiK

The one that started it all with brand new paint. I still need to make time to play Y0 but once I finish it, def can't wait to see the enhancements in Kiwami. It'll also be nice to replay the original story in JPN.

sotojuan

Finished the Cabaret Club and Real Estate storylines yesterday in 0. Going to see if I can finish the story this week, then I'll be ready for Kiwami! So excited!

Opa-Pa

I'm surprised by the very good reception, but even more by the fact that all outlets are calling it a remake as they should lol.

Can't wait. I got into Yakuza with the original early this same year and it's been a wild ride... Can't wait to return to the first story.

Confession time: I've never played a Yakuza game.

Kicker: I have sealed copies of every Yakuza game physically released in the US.

I keep telling myself I'll try one, and almost started playing Yakuza 0. I will be getting this one at launch, because I've already come so far, lol.

Is this a good one to play? At this point, ill probably only play one of them; so which should it be?

Kicker: I have sealed copies of every Yakuza game physically released in the US.

I keep telling myself I'll try one, and almost started playing Yakuza 0. I will be getting this one at launch, because I've already come so far, lol.

Is this a good one to play? At this point, ill probably only play one of them; so which should it be?

Start with 0 over Kiwami.

Kiwami is a remake of 1, with a bunch of changes to make it feel like a sequel to 0.

0 also has a bunch more content.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm shocked. A Yakuza game? Good? Couldn't be.

Decent but not as strong a 0 is about where everyone expected it to land, I think. But that price can't be beat.

Play 0 first.

Fireblend

Banned
Yakuza 0 is my GotY in a year where both BotW and Persona 5 came out. Its brilliance really can't be overstated. Everyone should experience it. I took a chance and paid full price price for it and I don't regret it for a second.

I can't wait for Kiwami. My preload is ready :D

PrimeTime

Just beat 0 last night and thought it was one of the better stories I've witnessed in a game. The story and continuity of characters alone is worth diving into the series. I'm finding that this series is better than most tv shows.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Reviews are just about what I was expecting. Zero was an incredible game, loved every second of it. I don't think I've played the original Yakuza since shortly after it came out on PS2.

This Remake with all the enhancements is just what I need right now. Steelbook is already ordered for day 1.

Arex

Yakuza's the type of game that I'd get even if the reviews are bad. Too invested in the series already lol

N7.Angel

Now rendered in stunning High Def.

tumblr_o202wa6G7a1rn8um6o1_400.gif

Amazing gif but what is happening with the woman legs ?

Rellik

Guys, I'll settle this once and for all.

2 > 0 > 3 > 4 >> 5 > 1 (original version)

There, that's the official ranking, now quit your bellyaching and move on. Also, to the guy who said that 3 has a forgettable antagonist... you're nuts!

You have 4 way too low. 😠

I payed 60$ for Yakuza 0.

Even if you go by a dollar per hour, I still got more value out of it at over 70 hours played. And I enjoyed the FUCK out of those 70 hours.

I probably ended up paying £100+ to import the Japanese CE when it was released, then another £35 for the UK release in January. Worth every penny and then some!

muteki

While I don't think it can get much better than 0 for that era and setting for me, still more yakuza the better. Can't wait.

ChryZ

D:

Kiwami is already out?! I still haven't started Zero yet. OMG, it went from not enough Yakuza to too much Yakuza.

Guys, I'll settle this once and for all.

2 > 0 > 3 > 4 >> 5 > 1 (original version)

There, that's the official ranking, now quit your bellyaching and move on. Also, to the guy who said that 3 has a forgettable antagonist... you're nuts!

Nah bruh. This is now a list thread btw.

2 = 0 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 5

For me it's like this:

0>2>Kenzan>1>3>5>4

It's a shame I will never got to play Ishin, I feel gameplaywise it would be one of the funniest.

2 > 4 = 1 > 0 > 3 > 5
hard truths

2 > 4 > 0 > 5 > 3 > 1
please stop forgetting Dead Souls

The Yakuza games are the only series in my life where the rankings are as follows:

0=1=2=3=4=5

I actually don't have a favorite. I enjoy all of them deeply lol

The only way this gets messed up is if one comes out that is really just sub-standard. That day will break my heart.

Edit: The above post. No. Dead Souls. The day already did arrive, and it must have broke me so bad I buried it as much as I could. Why did you have to remind me!?!?

decisions

5's the best one. Studio RGG's next game needs to be a full Shinada-focused narrative experience for them to top it.

My favorite part of 4 was Tanimura, and my favorite part of 5 was Tatsuo :/

Sad that they're probably gone forever but they are really good at these one shot characters.

Top Bottom