• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi. WTF Nintendo?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
2vtdx7s.jpg

Oh Yoshi...

Boney

Banned
Why hasn't nobody posted the Mario riding Yoshi in Galaxy gif.
And using the Mario Party renders is kinda cheating, since all those designs are hideous.

pakkit

Banned
ballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballsballslookatmyballs

BowieZ

Banned
For the record, I love Yoshi's designs and voicing in SMW, YI, and SMG2 equally. I don't see a need to pick sides for the sake of it.

DonMigs85 said:
And there are no black or Asian human characters in the Mario series either.
Il_Piantissimo_by_zargon_yokoshima.jpg

DonMigs85

I think the closest Nintendo came to a "realistic" Yoshi is the one in Smash Bros. Melee. Note the hunched velociraptor-like posture, grasping arms and detailed, mottled skin.
yoshi.JPG

yoshi%5B1%5D.jpg

Bob White

DonMigs85 said:
I think the closest Nintendo came to a "realistic" Yoshi is the one in Smash Bros. Melee. Note the hunched velociraptor-like posture, grasping arms and detailed, mottled skin.
yoshi.JPG

Melee art is how I think of most nintendo characters.

mario.jpg

super-smash-bros-melee-2.jpg

Perfection. Not one of the characters looks "off". One of the best things to ever come out of nintendo.

Wizpig

BlazingDarkness said:
get a sense of humor!
Sorry, I don't want one if it involves hearing asshole in a 3+ videogame song.
pakkit said:
nice troll, xbot
2a825b26a0dcd8c9af4bf1b92f0471c1.jpg
My avatar probably makes me a Rare or a Nintendo bot, though, why xbot?
Oh yeah, i forget i lack a sense of humor.:D

Come on, what I meant is that the thread isn't exactly GAF's finest humor, don't hate me. <3

pakkit

Banned
Bob White said:
Melee art is how I think of most nintendo characters.

mario.jpg

super-smash-bros-melee-2.jpg

Perfection. Not one of the characters looks "off". One of the best things to ever come out of nintendo.
Why'd you post Brawl art then?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Yoshi doesn't look all too different and your Yoshi's Island art in the op is from YIDS, actually, so quite a recent game. He doesn't look great in Mario Party-like spin-off's artwork all the time, but I can't say a bad thing about the looks in the major Mario / Yoshi games.

Mak

Why would you do that? said:

Didn't know there was a character that predated Yoshi, even the SFX coming out of an egg is the same. They were trying to put Yoshi into a Mario game since Super Mario Bros.

Never noticed the saddle turned into a shell. I guess that goes along with the whole Yoshi clan vs. Koopa clan thing.

Wizpig said:
Sorry, I don't want one if it involves hearing asshole in a 3+ videogame song.
Hey, I hears what I hears. It's not always vulgar (see my other classics, "Awww it's a frog - Bubbleman", "My Good Friend Ted - Persona 3"), but those little Yoshis have fucking pottymouths, what can I say.

WTF?? what a stupid thing to whine about.

Subliminal said:
WAAAH WAAAH MY VIDEO GAME RIDEABLE DINOSAUR WITH A LONG TONGUE THAT EATS FRUIT AND POOPS OUT EGGS DOESN'T LOOK REALISTIC

This guy got it right on page 1.

BowieZ

Banned
Lijik said:
While Mario rides Yoshi.
Its a 3 player game, all three players must cooperate in steering to try to get anywhere.
The animal chain of command goes: ITALIAN, DINOSAUR, TURTLE

DonMigs85

Are Yoshi and Birdo even capable of mating? After all Yoshi is supposed to be male but converts prey into eggs, while Birdo shoots eggs from its mouth.

Jezan

Mama Robotnik said:
From those three pictures, I'd just like to say that the hand-drawn look from SMW/YI is infinitely more interesting and charming than the CG render at the bottom.

I'm getting bored of these renders now. More hand-drawn stuff please.
This is my only complaint

ElFly

I don't really care about Yoshi's design. After all, Mario changes from game to game too.

However, the voices for Mario and Yoshi are godawful. Which is a shame, cause Yoshi had a good weird voice in SMW, yet they had to make him sound more and more baby like.

I don't like his voice in Mario Galaxy 2. Something changed...like when he does the flutter jump..

He does this kinda whiny voice.

LOL at EAT ASSHOLE! xD

MidnightScott said:
I don't like his voice in Mario Galaxy 2. Something changed...like when he does the flutter jump..
I've noticed since Brawl that Nintendo's been avoiding Yoshi's constipated cries of flutter jumping.

I guess since Yoshi's Story was my first real experience with Yoshi, I never really thought of him being anything but like that.

Top Bottom