• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play through Wind Waker HD on a First Person perspective

D-e-f-

Banned
Ah there's NG+?

Second Quest has always been in the game. It's the only way to get all the pictobox pictures since you have the pictobox from the start the second time through and can take pics of early game enemies/npcs. Also, the treasure chests are farther away from landmasses so figuring out where they are from those charts is harder. And Link and Aryll are wearing different clothes.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Second Quest has always been in the game. It's the only way to get all the pictobox pictures since you have the pictobox from the start the second time through and can take pics of early game enemies/npcs. Also, the treasure chests are farther away from landmasses so figuring out where they are from those charts is harder. And Link and Aryll are wearing different clothes.

I actually looked at a guide recently to confirm this, and you can indeed get every pic during your first playthrough. I sure didn't know that when I originally did it. I'll be using the guide this time through to make sure I don't miss the missable ones.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker/Nintendo_Gallery

D-e-f-

Banned
Really? Huh, crazy! I totally don't remember what you get for snappin' a pic of everyone/thing.

You get trophies of all the characters and that's pretty much it. I managed this, and I felt it was a mostly fun side quest, but you don't want to do it on your first playthrough, as it distracts too much from the experience of the main game.

Revven

I actually looked at a guide recently to confirm this, and you can indeed get every pic during your first playthrough. I sure didn't know that when I originally did it. I'll be using the guide this time through to make sure I don't miss the missable ones.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker/Nintendo_Gallery

Cosmo Wright (Wind Waker Speedrunner) actually went ahead this past year and did a 100% playthrough on a New Game to prove that you could get all the pictobox pictures without NG+. And... yeah, he was able to do so. NG+ just makes it easier is all since you get the Pictobox DX in your inventory from the get-go.

I really hope they change a little more about NG+, this time around, though. Really silly how the only changes are the Triforce Shards are in the same locations, you get Pictobox DX, the Hylian text box stuff, and of course the PJs.

Throw us a bone and let us have some of the optional weapons from the beginning like Magic Armor, the new sail, or something! It wouldn't massively break the game but it'd at least change the early game enough to be more interesting/faster.

Vidiot

I always thought the picture quest was stupid. The reward is pointless imo and the quest itself is boring. I never bothered doing it in the original and I won't bother now either. Same thing with getting all the skulltula in oot. I just see no reason to do it. Best type of quest like that in a zelda is getting all the masks in mm. Not only does every mask add a little something fun but the final reward you get is actually really cool.

RagnarokX

You forgot the most important change! All ancient Hylian text is translated.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Really? Huh, crazy! I totally don't remember what you get for snappin' a pic of everyone/thing.

Just one bonus figure of Link and the King of Red Lions on the water together. The journey is its own reward. :D

It's as close as we'll ever get to another Pokemon Snap. D:

SirShandy

I don't know if news, but release date is set for October 4th. From a press release earlier today:

"To celebrate the launch of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for Wii U on Oct. 4, Nintendo is adding some extra magic to the Seattle stop of The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses concert tour. "

D-e-f-

Banned
I don't know if news, but release date is set for October 4th. From a press release earlier today:

"To celebrate the launch of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for Wii U on Oct. 4, Nintendo is adding some extra magic to the Seattle stop of The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses concert tour. "

Weird that they're putting this out on a Friday in the US. At least same day as Europe.

D-e-f-

Banned
you mean the placeholder price was actually a placeholder price the whole time?

If I say the totally harmless thing I wanna say I'm getting banned for "metacommentary" again but oh well.

Weird though that the Nintendo rep didn't specify that when talking to GameXplain. We could've avoided all that nonsense.

Curious what the new thing is people are gonna bitch about.

now you're out the "it's more expensive than the original release" talking point
It's okay, I have other talking points, like how it's a joke of a remake compared to real remakes and you're not getting as much value as you did the original Wind Waker when it came with the OoT and Master Quest Preorder let alone the compilations and HD ports that have come out over the years.

oh look, it should be given away for free!!!
I'm sure this sounded like a great way to dismiss my post but I don't think the game is valueless.

Albo

Decided to make some self shots for fun

8ia3JQU2rkDPQG4iU6rLhsX_fiYbdbqMnYu8nj6-6GAf6N0o5n52k-CGMQDllcHlWwc6N1G4PLsk4-ucboXu6OvUdcCgm3HTBaD29CWVzsoI4R9lDC-HxCHMVA

aaG43QnEFkLFiXjNQV5KxKsvliNy67JG-07X5RgRQO-tK70joPY4WZw_4MgJYd-Xd2xKV_qieVVM90EB9aeKFsEJCW2JY8OvvDo1bQrYX1FuvEkmVJ-xwCrKXg

Fn_YiDKlGb4q3NypCNy263Q53fRHcnyqbCzMw28X-XHdKYrtyVmUfe_GhefvxzIG11MclkdxM0PxQIszmK1_F4iYGFvqvtSae-ow4kmTt1Ky9CRH_7VXpfPSAA

Top Bottom