• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You know, Ellie, we really are The Last of Us."

Am i doing this right OP?

the facility a remote charge has just blown up a container, a golden molten metal explodes from it, and a splash hits a guard in the face

[ Pierce Brosnan BOND] "I guess you could say he has a Goldenye!"

James Bond - Goldeneye - N64
Zombie attacks Jill, she pops its head

[Jill] "Barry what was that thing, why was it in this mansion?"
[Barry] "Its wearing a buttler's uniform Jill! i think he lived here! it looks like a RESIDENT EVIL!"
[Jill] "Oh Barry here comes Chris, I thought we were the only survivors! I'm so happy"
[Barry] "Come on Chris its time for a Jill Sandwich!"

REmake - Gamecube

Ape

Banned
Hidalgo - That was some fucking battle, wasn't it.

Orlando Bloom - That wasn't just any battle, my friend that was The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II -- The Rise of the Witch-king.

Chairhome

Last boss in Diablo 3:
"You may have beaten my father and grandfather, but you will not defeat me, for I am Diablo the Third, Reaper of Souls. Truly, the Ultimate Evil Edition of my family"

Andrew.

Banned
"Wow, this place is totally uncharted!" - Nathan Drake

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2007)

"I feel like I'm living a Half-Life" - Gordon Freeman

"I entered this castle a swordsman, a savior...but all I have left is a rogue's legacy."

OP "jokes on you, I was only pretending" edit: "Boy, did I ever create a Mega Man" -Dr. Light

"Metal Gear launches nukes? No...it can't be..." - Otacon

"Pretty Solid plan though" - Snake

"Juan these chips are too dry, can you please pass the Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition?" -Tostada

"Halo" - Halo

"And that's where I found myself, in the shadow of the colossus."

Batman : "I need to stop Bane, he's discovered my Arkham Origins."

Laughing my ass off

Horp

Alyx: "you have to start speaking, I know you can! As it is now you aren't fully living your life. I guess you could say you are living a half life. And when im with u im living a half life 2."

Yokai

For real though, chrono trigger actually does this really well. A lot of games do this, but only in cases where the name is simple enough to incorporate. (FEZ)

Ran rp

There's only two of us left. We owe it to the world to carry on the human race. We can't let this be the last of us. - Joel

NO

Could you link that part in a video? I must have missed it when playing the game, and looking up "ellie, we really are the last of us" on google only brings up this topic.

hahaha

I will never forget this dumb quote. Thanks/no thanks OP.

maxcriden

"This Retro Game is quite a Challenge." - Retro Game Challenge

"I am The Cave." - The Cave

"Bit Trip, you say? Those sound like odd Presents. There once was a Runner. 2, in fact. They told me the Future Legend of Rhythm, Alien." - Bit Trip Presents Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythem Alien

"I want to go on something more thrilling than Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile" - Guest 379

BWAHAH!!

Yokai

I know this is a joke thread but every subtitled MGS game besies PO and GZ does this and sometimes it works but sometimes it's corny as all get out. Can't wait to see how Kojima horns in MGSV's title, something like...

"Do you feel it, Snake? The body I've lost... The comrades I've lost won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you? This... Phantom Pain?"

If the phrase "phantom pain" is actually part of that monologue by Miller I'll smash my copy of the Phantom Pain with a hammer and put it on youtube
after I finish it of course :)

You know phantom pain is a real thing, right? 90% chance it's relevant to the game's narrative.

Dinjooh

"Yes?"
"What you want?"
"What...?"
"Me not that kind of orc!"
"Me busy playing Warcraft 3, Reign of Chaos!"

- Peon, Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos

jimi_dini

Could you link that part in a video? I must have missed it when playing the game, and looking up "ellie, we really are the last of us" on google only brings up this topic.

It happened right before this scene:
ibmQddHWAPwDi0.gif

braves01

Banned
Sora: "Where are we going?"

Goofy: "Kingdom Hearts..."

Sora: "How long until we get there?"

Goofy: "358/2 Days"

Sora: " You mean 179 days, right? Why didn't you just simply? Oh yeah because you are a stupid dog"

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
"You best start believing in ghost stories, Mr Threepwood, you're in The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition."

- The Ghost Pirate LeChuck

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"Through the hollowed halls
The dead do wonder forth
A pitch dark and endless maze
Illuminated only by the midnight moon
A lone hero makes his way
To rid this land of the curse
The ghosts do hunt him persistently
But with power they are weak
And when their eyes do scatter back
We know the Pac-Man is on his way."

Pac-Man, 1981

Isaac: "Woah, there's a lot of dead people in space."

- Dead Space 2, Isaac's last words before doing a spin and throwing up the peace sign at the camera.

daveo42

Banned
"We are currently aware of the situation now known in official records as 'Mario Kart'. Eight separate incidents have been caught on tape so far, but we currently have no leads on this 'Luigi' character." - Commissioner Bowser

Thorgal

I object to being objected by your objection for my objection against the witness 's objection for i am an ACE ATORNEY! - phoenix Wright.

Top Bottom