• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Milabrega

I missed the first ten minutes forgot it was on. Though if the opening is the five minute preview from before with the ice villains and the sidekicks meeting at the JL I guess I only missed where and why there are in Cadmus atm.

Penguin said:
Okay Aqualad looks like he is more useful than Aquaman already. :lol

Yep, and Robin needs to learn some team work . . . no wonder he isn't the leader this time.

So far I really like this!

TreIII

You can definitely tell it's "Cyborg" voicing the new Aqualad, but I like him in this new role already. No more random "Booyahs" and such like that! :lol

TreIII

ezekial45 said:
Robin blew it up before they left.

Knowing Cadmus, even THAT may not be enough.

On another note, I'm liking Superboy too.

EDIT: Straight up Resident Evil in DIS BITCH! :lol

Penguin

This has been a pretty solid premiere so far, also seems like building Aqualad up to be the leader.

And Cadmus sure does like turning themselves into monsters.

Penguin said:
This has been a pretty solid premiere so far, also seems like building Aqualad up to be the leader.

And Cadmus sure does like turning themselves into monsters.

They seem to enjoy the title "Project ________" as well.

Milabrega

So of the minutes I missed, why'd Speedy end up as not part of the gang?

And I'm guessing by Zatara being part of the JL they are leaving the door open for Zatanna in the YJ squad.

Hour long new episodes of Avengers tonight too!

Penguin

Milabrega said:

And I'm guessing by Zatara being part of the JL they are leaving the door open for Zatanna in the YJ squad.

I assume that Zatarra will bite it soon.

And that was a hell of a premiere, now if there weren't months in between this and the next ep.

ReiGun

Milabrega said:

Speedy didn't like the way the jl was treating the sidekicks, so he walked out.

Sucks that we gotta wait till january for more.

Ezduo

Banned
Milabrega said:
He was being a little bitch and told the league to go fuck themselves when it became obvious that they weren't going to let them do anything. Oddly within five seconds of his leaving, every other sidekick came to the same conclusion and did the same thing, albeit together.

TreIII

Shard said:
Well, they got the Omniscient Council of Vagueness there.

Well, more than that, they got my boy Weisman as the writer of this series. I'm EXPECTING XGs. They're like my favorite trope. :D

Alaskanbullworm said:
I can smell the Rule 34 brewing already.

Awesome premier, will watch more.
Yep, I can smell the gay fan art.

Other then that, GREAT!
Aqualad is far more bad ass then I thought he would be. Completely deserves to be the leader.

Had some nice humor as well. But theres one thing I don't get . . . why do they have knock-off names? If they want to be heroes and not side-kicks then why not first get their own names instead of "Kid Flash" and what not?

ezekial45

Banned
Wow, the scene with Superman was awkward. :lol

I really dug this. I can see similarities with the Batman and The Outsiders series. Then again, they probably did it so they can get Batman to appear in more episodes. :lol

Anyway, i'm hoping this show lasts for a long time. I can wait to see the kinds of characters that show up. I hope they bring up Speedy again though.

Top Bottom