• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite space ship designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinxtanx

playmobil-playmospace.JPG

AWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH

I had forgotten that this existed

Oshimai

I love how the B-wing looks like two completely different ships depending how you look at it. I especially like it when viewed in a horizontal perspective.

OLab.jpg

B-Wing was my go to ship in the Rogue Squadron games. It's unfortunate that the N64 game didn't have B-Wings though...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I've always been fan of the Starfleet designs, like the Excelsior class:

ZsrrolU.jpg

And the lesser known Steamrunner class:

lbTa1sB.jpg

And the Defiant of course:

F8SBfqM.jpg

Constitution Refit from the original 6 Star Trek movies.

The Enterprise from 4, 5 and 6 was actually the Enterprise- A. The original refit was destroyed in the third movie. Though technically they were the same ship, as all six movies used the same model for the exterior shots to save money on production costs. But the Enterprise-A interior was quite a bit different, especially the bridge, and the torpedo bay which was fully automated unlike the previous ship.

I've always been fan of the Starfleet designs, like the Excelsior class:
ZsrrolU.jpg

This is a pretty cool design too. The Enterprise- B was basically just an Excelsior class.

so many great ones in here my favorites have been retreat a million times.

This one is recent and pretty great.

Prometheus Landing Sequence

prome.jpg

This one is great too... shame about the movie though. ;P

I always liked the Solaco as well:

Sulaco_approach.JPG

My all-time favourite has already been mentioned here (the Eagle from Space:1999), but if we are allowing general flying craft, then another Gerry Anderson creation would be Thunderbird 2.

Thunderbird2.jpg

ranger-4.jpg

Ranger 1,4

ranger-2.jpg

Ranger Interceptor

Old TV Series Galaxy Rangers. Had some of the best space opera battles in a TV show.

Yeah, it did. In the episode "Armada" you got exactly what it said on the tin. That show was crazy detailed for an 80s cartoon...TMS being involved probably had something to do with that. (I might be biased considering my avatar). Someone further back posted one the Queen of the Crown's Imperial Cruisers.

Karak

Shit I was beaten about Galaxy Rangers but damn.

Also the Shadows from B5 were a mixture of the mystery of 2001 and the terror of everything else in space. Something about them was just gawd damn unsettling.

Freelancer Ship
images

4-252_1.jpg

Proelite

Dorssia Heavy Cruiser from Valvrave.
mecha_11.png

Technically not a space ship. For Now. It'll probably gain space flight abilities in order to fight Thanos in the 2nd or 3rd avengers movie.
SHIELD-Helicarrier.jpg

helicarrier2012wip003.jpg

Nautilus 2 from Nadia, secret of Blue Water
479650ecaad328fde22b89nqb5.jpg

Proelite

Sahara class heavy prowler from Halo.

H4-ONI_ProwlerShip-ScanRender.png

Rodger young from Starship Troopers. Probably the best designed space ship imo in western films.

18shm02tn_3.jpg

GeneralArrow

Neo Member
Miranda just screams budget restrictions. Like they had these Enterprise parts laying around and came up with a new ship.

More like technical restrictions, Seasons 2 and 3 we're both huge for TNG(and got subsequently larger) and TNG was a big budget TV production. It's advertising per episode alone was over 1 million which for a show back then was huge. It was what they called a first run syndication. Pretty much the first time such a thing had succeeded.

way more

The Dune Guild Transport.

dune_528_poster.jpg

dune_heighliner.jpg

It's a good look for a spaceship that doesn't use thrusters and will never approach an atmosphere.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The Dune Guild Transport.

dune_528_poster.jpg

dune_heighliner.jpg

It's a good look for a spaceship that doesn't use thrusters and will never approach an atmosphere.

Why do I expect Stephen Dorff to sell me one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom