• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite space ship designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No love for Legend of the Galactic Heroes? Brunhilde and Percival ftw
294px-Brunhild.jpg

294px-Perceval_fore.jpg

Log4Girlz

Ugh, there's this spaceship on some album cover for some relatively recent artist... I can't remember the album name, but it's something like "in the lightest dark" or something... can't remember the artist.

It's got the album title in white serif-bold lettering, two lines with like a red stroke underneath the two lines, maybe. There's this spaceship hovering low over a planet's surface and there's no atmosphere, it's just space/stars in the background. The color's are vibrant, the planet surface is kinda yellow-orange. There's a spaceman walking toward the ship.

I like that spaceship

EDIT: It's also way, WAY fucking better than everything posted so far. It puts all of these ships to shame.

*brbusingmyimaginationbecausenopics.jpeg*

farmerboy

Sooo many great designs, I am drooling over here.

Cant post a picture but Ronin's (?) ship from Guardians of the Galaxy is my current fave, really interesting to look at, also like how it twists.

I've already posted, but I thought of another ship while conversing with friends.

The District 9 ship definitely deserves a mention. Not especially because it's original, but because of the way it's portrayed. It's so realistic and "scary". It really has a presence and immediately shows us, humans, the technological inferiority we have in comparison with these creatures. It's powerful. Just like the ship from Close Encounters of the Third Kind that I mentioned in my previous post.

Though some may object, the Death Star is a ship. It has a hyperdrive and can move under its own power. And what a ship it is, one big moon-sized orb of destruction with the world's largest laser gun ready to point at and blow up a planet.

I wonder how you get a small moon to move several thousand times the speed of light.

noting beats imperial ship design

I would like to think that Ralph McQuarrie was 50% of what made the original Star Wars trilogy so good and things haven't quite been the same without him or his amazing designs and concept art. He was one of the true geniuses of the franchise.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I'm trying to think.. did the prequel trilogy have any great ship designs that weren't just spin offs of designs from the old movies?

Phoenix

ranger-4.jpg

Ranger 1,4

ranger-2.jpg

Ranger Interceptor

Old TV Series Galaxy Rangers. Had some of the best space opera battles in a TV show.

Ebris

I posted the Retribution-class Battleship from Warhammer 40k, but Imperial Star Destroyers, Super Star Destroyers, Homeworld ships, and Eve ships are also all amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom