• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite space ship designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have any original input but damn this thread got me excited for Star Citizen!

The lighting is so good the screens seem almost photo realistic. Too bad my computer is a potato compared to what is needed to run it.

I don't have any pictures available at the moment, but I really like the designs for the Vasari and Advent ships in Sins of a Solar Empire.
Pretty much all of the ships are really cool looking. The Titans are pretty awesome too.

galaxy18.jpg

I like the whole concept that this ship is basically a space yacht that's also armed to the teeth.

Space taxi

tuffy

Constitution Class refit will always be my favorite of the Enterprises.
Got to agree with that. The refit nails the proportions perfectly while adding a few modern details (like actual torpedo bays), whereas the D's stubby little warp engines and huge oval saucer section aren't as appealing.

Enterprise D always looked bad from the front angle. It looked out of proportion.

but if you switch the angle just a little it takes on a whole new look

I don't think it is bad looking fom a profile view, but not one of my favorite designs.

90_Star_Trek_Enterprise_schematics_NCC1701D_starship_computerdesktop_wallpaper_s.jpg

I always liked the removable saucer section though. I always though that was a pretty interesting idea and that there was a secondary battle bridge.Though it was something they rarely ever used.

Jedi2016

Just saw this one mentioned in the Elite: Dangerous thread (potential ship for the final version of the game):

Favorite? No, but pretty cool, IMO. Favorite probably has to go to the Ent-A in previous posts.

Vlodril

The angel wing from nexus the jupiter incident. I was so sad they managed to botch their kickstart attempt. Twice.

hm image wont show up.

Fjordson

I really like Chris Foss's spaceship designs. I bought a big hardcover book of his art last year and it has some amazing stuff in it. Especially the work he did for the famously failed Dune movie by Alejandro Jodorowsky. He also apparently did some design work on Guardians of the Galaxy.

I love the weird shapes and bright colours. Not something you always see with sci-fi ships.

I love this thread, my favorites have been mentioned. Thread reminds me I really want that Homeworld remake. Itching for a good space game.

Mistel

Banned
Neat. The Y-wing cockpit separated from the rest of the ship kinda has a Toyota Tercel thing going on, though.

NDJB40h.jpg

I think they made the right decision!
In regard to the Y wing cockpit one totally with you on that one. The X wing one is nice though.

I don't have any pictures available at the moment, but I really like the designs for the Vasari and Advent ships in Sins of a Solar Empire.
Pretty much all of the ships are really cool looking. The Titans are pretty awesome too.

I love Sins of a Solar Empire, the titans are great.

The Kultorask
Kultorask.jpg

The Eradica
EradicaTitan.jpg

The Ragnarov: Not for its design, but the thing fucking decimates fleets on its own, its ridiculous.

Star Wars was already posted to death.

No love for the Cylon Raider ships from the original BSG? Other than Star Wars ships (almost all of them) and B5 (loved the Starfury and most all Human and Centauri designs) this was my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom