• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You're banned from NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Junior = perma only applies to people who are juniors because they haven't posted enough or whatever. It does not apply to people who have had their thread creation rights taken from them. Perma there is more determined by record and severity of the bannable offence, like with any other member.

so say like me if you were perma Juniored you can never make threads again?

do you ever get the chance to?

I assume for being the female RiskyChris one too many times.
ib0c4rzkeFoWFt.gif

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I message the forum owner until he tells me to fucking deal with it and that I deserve it. I then continue to lurk quietly from the shadows.

*edit: Been known to boycott the forums in protest but who the fuck would notice? =p

Kabouter

so say like me if you were perma Juniored you can never make threads again?

do you ever get the chance to?

After a good chunk of time (I'd say at least a year), you could PM a mod or admin and ask them to review whether you've improved significantly as a poster, and if they do think so, your thread creation rights could be restored.

ATF487

Oh, I've been banned before.

I use another browser and lurk, while posting more on my other forums. Maybe if I was banned from the internet I'd start to live an actual life...

The worst thing about being banned is you can't lurk and use your subscriptions. I can cope with being banned (please don't ban me) but it's a pain to browse GAF without subscriptions. Can't you just have it so you're unable to post, but all other features still work?

Oh, I've been banned before.

I use another browser and lurk, while posting more on my other forums. Maybe if I was banned from the internet I'd start to live an actual life...

Why do you use a different browser? Just logout/clear cache on your main browser.

impact

Banned
The worst thing about being banned is you can't lurk and use your subscriptions. I can cope with being banned (please don't ban me) but it's a pain to browse GAF without subscriptions. Can't you just have it so you're unable to post, but all other features still work?

If you where banned, I don't know what I would do with myself

Liberty4all

Banned
Awhile back I made a stupid post making fun of juniors and was made a junior myself. After six months or so I finally got the courage to message a few mods who immediately restored privileges .

My lesson?

Mods are as kind as they can be harsh. Bullshit is punished brutally. Somebody who is really sorry for bullshit is welcomed back full heartedly.

GAF will always be GAF. But in end, the folks that run the place are normal people, and keep the community stable by ruling through common sense.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I remind myself that I'm not a popular enough poster to always have my sarcasm identified appropriately.

Then I lurk more.

FyreWulff

Seems like you'll be doing that today!

Devolution
Banned
(Today, 01:56 AM)
Multi-Quote This Message Quote

And now you can!

so clever

Junior = perma only applies to people who are juniors because they haven't posted enough or whatever. It does not apply to people who have had their thread creation rights taken from them. Perma there is more determined by record and severity of the bannable offence, like with any other member.

Or your account just seems to never promote, like mine. Not like it's bad, I don't have edit timestamps on my post either. Go broken accounts!

As for me, uh.. probably just keep posting on the 10 other forums I regularly visit. I post and lurk everywhere because I need tons of reading content to keep myself from being bored.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, in hindsight, recovering from banning today wouldn't be so bad for subscriptions being lost since search is active. Back then you can't search for your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom