• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube/Geoff Keighley hosting 12 hour E3 stream, [Up: Schedule]

Tripolygon

Banned
It's AMAZING that dude is working on that game haha
Not really, if you listen to his background. He use to be on the chunky side and was made fun of, if i remember correctly. So he decided to watch his diet and become a body builder, or something like that.

He's a brilliant programmer afaik.

Definitely sad to see RaD showing off that game, but hey, maybe they'll bounce back soon with something big. They need to be more ambitious with the gameplay rather than just the presentation. They know how to do it.

Perhaps they feelt like doing a smaller game without the preasure of a AAA game development.

I'm not making fun! I think it's awesome.
Oh, I didn't think you were either. I might lol as in a funny/great observation. I always find it great when we see all types of people being proud of being game developers, even when they look like people who can crush you with one hand.

Cuburt

Seriously? He caught Major Nelson messing up and decided to rib him on it. I would have done the same thing to someone I know if they messed up like that.
Geoff had just asked Cliff B for a free game earlier. Major Nelson messed up but his reaction was realizing that Geoff wasn't joking.

Geoff was even packing up the console at the end of the segment like he was taking it. If they would say it's ok, he is taking that, but Major Nelson didn't bring that console to give it away to a YouTube host.

Ah, Destiny. Why couldn't you live up to your promise and hype? I hope the sequel is closer to what it should have been.

I've really loved my 1300 hours with Destiny. It launched weak but it's got a real wealth of content now and Rise of Iron is one of my most looked forward to releases this year.

That's good on him. I wish I could do something like that.

Don't we all. Dude was looking good. It is a shame R@D are doing something that looks as bland as that. The Order 1886 had so much potential as a universe. It hit on so many things I like. Additionally the 2 God of War games they made where really solid.

Matpats always come across like a bit of an ass in his videos but i've heard hes actually very nice.

These YouTube personalities are annoying as fuck.

Who is MatPat and why do people watch him?

He's most famous for the very successful Game Theorists youtube channel. I found most of the videos i've watched to be a bit shit and such a stretch but there are genuinely some good ones.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
It deserves better. I have nothing against the Youtubers specifically, but man. It's just not content I want to see at E3.
I don't know. I know it's advertising the other "shows" YouTube have, but it still seems counteractive to what E3 is about and promoting. All the segments so far have been pretty cringey.

Lime

so many people to talk to. I wonder if Geoff is just seeing a blur of faces and is repeating "good to see you", "how you're doing", and trying to recall the names of the 100 people he has to go through today.

I'd feel hollow after such an experience of trying to hype shit you don't know about and remember names you've never met and try to act interested for like 9 hours straight.

I've really loved my 1300 hours with Destiny. It launched weak but it's got a real wealth of content now and Rise of Iron is one of my most looked forward to releases this year.
That's cool to hear. Really. I wish I felt the same way so many people seem to. I tried once again after The Taken King launched but it just doesn't do anything for me. I can't help but feel it's missing that something. The ginplay/gameplay is top notch Bungie goodness but the game itself just falls short for me. Glad others enjoy it though and I hope Destiny 2 grabs me.

Don't we all. Dude was looking good. It is a shame R@D are doing something that looks as bland as that. The Order 1886 had so much potential as a universe. It hit on so many things I like. Additionally the 2 God of War games they made where really solid.

I enjoyed it but I think mainly because I didn't get around to it until much later after the negativity/hype. I took all the criticisms I'd heard and applied it to my expectations. I got something at least interesting, somewhat fun, but very well scored, good dialogue, good voice acting, cool story. It was really just enough for me to dig it, and a sequel would have been one of those things where the sheer room for improvement in addition to the potential could have been something truly incredible,

so many people to talk to. I wonder if Geoff is just seeing a blur of faces and is repeating "good to see you", "how you're doing", and trying to recall the names of the 100 people he has to go through today.

I'd feel hollow after such an experience of trying to hype shit you don't know about and remember names you've never met and try to act interested for like 9 hours straight.

I dunno. If there's anyone with an encyclopedic knowledge of every person in the game industry, it's probably Geoff Keighley.

The dude really does just live and breathe this stuff. I'm sure it's exhausting, but there's a reason Geoff is video games' biggest hype man.

Tripolygon

Banned
I enjoyed it but I think mainly because I didn't get around to it until much later after the negativity/hype. I took all the criticisms I'd heard and applied it to my expectations. I got something at least interesting, somewhat fun, but very well scored, good dialogue, good voice acting, cool story. It was really just enough for me to dig it, and a sequel would have been one of those things where the sheer room for improvement in addition to the potential could have been something truly incredible,
I just finished the game myself like a week ago. When i first saw the trailer at E3, i was thinking it would be something like alternate British history Sherlock Holmes type game with a hint of gears of war / uncharted type gameplay. I was let down a bit, the game was very narrow is scope and gameplay. Very hand holding and restrictive most of the time.

Top Bottom