• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber is already in-line for Nintendo Switch, 1 month out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinky

Banned
switch.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
Aww, dude's been doing this a while now. Look how cute he was five years ago!

Seems like a silly stunt, he obviously won't be waiting in line for this entire time but perhaps he'll have some fun adventures around NYC while he waits. Seems like an average guy just trying to make a living on Youtube, good luck to him.

Type40

I'll have one before him since best buy is doing midnight launch at select stores, and NWNY won't be open till 10am.

_PsiFire_

I wonder if the Nintendo Store did pre-orders....and if they sold out with pre-orders...and this guy waits a month for nothing...

I will never understand that kind of stuff but i'm pretty sure it's staged. I mean the guy has to shower, eat, take a dump etc. and all that without getting beat by some bad dudes, what a waste of life or maybe it's the views on YouTube ? don't know anymore...

Can't get myself to like him. You know those people who try to look like they're a nice person but you can kinda see through it from some actions... I get that vibe from him. Feels like he's faking most of his emotions. Kinda the opposite of Etika actually who openly messes about and does dumb things but you can tell he's actually a nice person.

Looked at one of his older videos and he was kind of a dick to one of his friends, just as I expected. He talks about getting bullied for liking Nintendo but it probably isn't just that.

This is dumb. He will not be the first person in the world to obtain a Nintendo Switch. Europe, Asia and Australasia are all far ahead of the US as far as time zones go. Many people, myself included will be playing theirs before he even gets into the store.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
K... I mean I'll be getting mine Midnight by just strolling up to Best Buy to pickup my preorder. Like I get that this is to promote his channel and apparent career on YouTube, but a month? Whyyyyy.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This is dumb. He will not be the first person in the world to obtain a Nintendo Switch. Europe, Asia and Australasia are all far ahead of the US as far as time zones go. Many people, myself included will be playing theirs before he even gets into the store.

It's about the daily vlog and views to the channel = money. So no it's not that dumb.

DMiz

A fairly young kid flew to New York City to be the first person in the world to obtain a Nintendo Switch on March 3rd. I don't really understand how he is going to do this but he plans on waiting at the store for a month.

I think he dropped out of school to pursue YouTube. Pretty insane that he's doing this. He posts daily vlogs, I think. I am really curious as to how he's doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILfAuurYByc

I get that YouTube can be a passion career, but this honestly concerns me quite often when reading stories about the hosts of some channels. I realize you have to sacrifice for art - and frequently, for success - but I guess the question that sits at the back of my mind is: "Would it really have made a difference for you to have started the channel a few years down the line, after completing the rest of your schooling?"

Yes, the nature of YouTube right now is contingent on hits and viral videos, but I don't see how when you choose to start our channel might necessarily depend on that... unless you are hoping to catch the bandwagon (a la the Nintendo Switch) and thinking it will carry you onwards for years.

kpaadet

He's gonna be so sad when he finds out about Nintendo's YouTube policies isn't he? Also why would you waste your life standing in line for a month for anything let alone a video game console.

I remember I used to go to midnight launches of games when I was younger.

Halo, GTA, Gears etc. I have honestly never been around as many smelly people as were in those lines. That awful smell of BO.

I soon stopped going.

This is purely for attention and views on YouTube, nothing more.

Nbz

Nooooooooooo my man Triforce giving up the ghost. Fair enough though, waiting a month is just insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom