• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PC/Steam) |OT|

froliq

Buying this tomorrow if my Tales of Graces f import doesn't arrive. Haven't gotten a chance to get the game on PSP, but I liked Ys 7 and this seems like a title that I'd enjoy even more.

zulux21

Glad to see a lot of interest in this game, as well I am glad to see it already at number 9 on the top sellers on steam, hopefully it makes it to number 1.
I hope that good sales convinces xseed to bring more PC JRPGs over.

Keikoku

Banned
Is it similar to the PSP version ? I was going to buy this one but if the PC has more content I may buy it on steam.

Volcynika

Is it similar to the PSP version ? I was going to buy this one but if the PC has more content I may buy it on steam.

Read the OP, please.

This release is based off of the original PC version of Ys: The Oath in Felghana, which means it does not contain the voice-acting or other additions present in the PSP version. It does, however, contain Steam achievements with unique icon art, leaderboards for story mode and Time Attack best times and Steam cloud support.

PSP had enhancements like VA and Boost (which the game was not balanced for, so it made it a bit easy).

Sky_Blue

Neo Member
Downloading it now, cannot wait!

I've played Felghana to death on PSP but I've never had the chance to play the PC version before so I'm really excited to see how it looks running at 60fps and in much higher resolution.

I'll be buying Ys Origin on day 1 too, as I've never played that one before and XSeed if you're reading this please release Trails in the Sky and Xanadu Next on Steam (oh and don't forget about Brandish PSP either!).

Eusis

I'm sticking with 1280x1024. But then I seem to have everything set right (560 Ti) to not get stretching bullshit on my 1680x1050 monitor.

damn have to wait 4 hours to buy this, why u no release on weekend?
if someone wants to add me as friend in steam, its ColossalLazy
lets do this YsGAF

Peff

It's worth noting that the default configuration places the menu on R3 for the 360 pad. The rest seems fine, though.

Volodja

The Motioninjoy solution works perfectly, at least setting it up as a 360 controller emulator.
I still have to change my keys for the Camp Menu and Walk/Run buttons, I guess.

Now I just need to decide if I want to play it in a window at 1280x1024 which can be distracting or if I can stand the stretching at 1920x1080 which can be weird.

Aeana

I very strongly suggest playing this game in a 4:3 resolution. Windowed if you have to. The widescreen stretching is just too gross. Try 1152x864 or 1280x960 windowed.

krYlon

Why does this stretch no matter what resolution I pick? Is there some additional setting I missed?

Are you playing on a monitor or a laptop?

You may have to change the aspect ratio on your monitor or if you have a laptop you may have to change your graphics settings so it doesn't fill the screen.

Gyoru

Streaming some Felghana gameplay for a bit if you want to get a taste of the game before buying.

http://twitch.tv/gyoruspy

signature

Volodja

I very strongly suggest playing this game in a 4:3 resolution. Windowed if you have to. The widescreen stretching is just too gross. Try 1152x864 or 1280x960 windowed.
That's the solution I reached after considering the two options but I really hate having the "background noise" of my desktop or my browser.
If it was black bands it would be at least a little bit better.

Oh well, I'll get used to it, thankfully my screen is big enough that the window is still pretty large.

Jucksalbe

Banned
You may have to change the aspect ratio on your monitor or if you have a laptop you may have to change your graphics settings so it doesn't fill the screen.

On a laptop. So I have to change my global resolution first? I only changed the game's resolution (to 1024x768, since my maximum is 1680x945).

Edit: It works now. :)

Aeana

That's the solution I reached after considering the two options but I really hate having the "background noise" of my desktop or my browser.
If it was black bands it would be at least a little bit better.

Oh well, I'll get used to it, thankfully my screen is big enough that the window is still pretty large.

Well, I don't know about for AMD video cards, but nVidia has a flat panel scaling option that lets you play a game in any resolution that isn't your monitor's native and it adds black bars to fill in the space. Sadly I think this is broken in some driver versions.

Saroyan

I'm at the office so I haven't been able to try out the game yet obviously, but I have a 1920x1200 monitor. Can I play this at 1600x1200 in fullscreen with black bars on the side or do I have to run it in a window?

Varion

Delayed but thanks for answering my question on the first page Aeana, Volcynika and Sara.

Game bought! Can only hope this is the start of many more great things to come for Falcom PC games in English.

Eusis

Well, I don't know about for AMD video cards, but nVidia has a flat panel scaling option that lets you play a game in any resolution that isn't your monitor's native and it adds black bars to fill in the space. Sadly I think this is broken in some driver versions.
I'm on the latest drivers and it's fine, for whatever that's worth.

I'm at the office so I haven't been able to try out the game yet obviously, but I have a 1920x1200 monitor. Can I play this at 1600x1200 in fullscreen with black bars on the side or do I have to run it in a window?
If your video card isn't stupid about different aspect ratios you should be able to do that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

AMD has this as well. I use it all the time when running old stuff.

Eusis

Has AMD improved there? In my experience it's been a pain in the ass compared to nVidia's, stupid bullshit like needing to be in that specific resolution at the time, then sometimes resetting it when you go back to the monitor default. Completely fucking stupid.

Volodja

Oh, thanks, I've always been on 4:3 screens before this one so I wasn't aware of this. Anyway the setting doesn't seem to work for me.
That's a pity, I'll just adapt and ignore the colors in the background, not really a dealbreaker.

Aeana

For nVidia users, use these options to ensure that the image remains the proper resolution and aspect ratio in fullscreen with black bars added.

Ygtnv.png

Stitch

Gold Member
I'm doing this and it works fine. (Nvidia Card)

Top Bottom