• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

A.J.

Banned
I pulled Nobleman of Extermination and Divine Wrath. People running 3 Mirror Walls beware. Also Dunames just dethroned Jerry as the main beater.

cHinzo

I pulled Nobleman of Extermination and Divine Wrath. People running 3 Mirror Walls beware. Also Dunames just dethroned Jerry as the main beater.

Nobleman of Extermination looks awesome! How many packs did ya need to pull that one? Soul Exchange looks interesting too.

Edit: what level are u guys in the KC Cup?

A.J.

Banned
Nobleman of Extermination looks awesome! How many packs did ya need to pull that one? Soul Exchange looks interesting too.

Edit: what level are u guys in the KC Cup?

I pulled Divine and Nobleman in my first 10 luckily. I'm only level 3 in the KC right now though.

A.J.

Banned
Enrise is going to have really good synergy with Sphere Kuriboh since that is the dark fiend card that you basically run in every deck.

MiTYH

Did a 10pack pull, nothing to write home about (nothing over an R)
Did another 10pack, got Fiend Megacyber (UR) which has a nice niche use (special summoned [6 stars] if opponent has 2 or more monsters). Also got Pumprincess SR

Wanted Dunames or Soul Exchange. Might try for more later

cHinzo

I pulled Divine and Nobleman in my first 10 luckily. I'm only level 3 in the KC right now though.
Damn that's sweet. Spend like 2k gems to get my first UR lol (also Nobleman). Did get 3 of the Hiro's Shadow Scout card, so I went on to spend another 1.5k gems to open up the Tyrant packs for my last 2 Warm Worms. I'm planning to make a disgusting Mill deck with these cards lol. Combine those cards with Regretful Rebirth and people are gonna be sad. 😂

Managed to reach Level 3 too in the KC Cup. The players are a lot better than in the lower level ranked games, but I'm still holding my own. I'm hoping to push to level 5 this event to at least get a ranking and see if it's worth it to push any higher if the rewards are near.
Guess nobody in here is pushing for the highest ranks?😅

Down to 4k gems though, prolly gonna save up some more before opening more Valkyrie packs.

Man all you people talking about saving 1000s of gems while I have 2 left in my bank lol. Rank 2 atm but I've been taking my sweet time dueling today.

Did they nerf Vagabond's deck hard or something? The guy used to summon beatsticks up the wazoo every turn or a BEs very easily if you let him have monsters on the field.

Now he summons weakass monsters and is pretty easy to beat.

cHinzo

Did they nerf Vagabond's deck hard or something? The guy used to summon beatsticks up the wazoo every turn or a BEs very easily if you let him have monsters on the field.

Now he summons weakass monsters and is pretty easy to beat.

He got Kaiba's starter deck. It seems like Vagabond uses the decks of people from ranked, but since they disabled ranked during this KC Cup event, he's stuck with a shit deck lol.

I'm kinda stuck at lvl 3 of the KC Cup. Just lost 5 out of 6 games. :< Never draw Harpies when I needed them.

He got Kaiba's starter deck. It seems like Vagabond uses the decks of people from ranked, but since they disabled ranked during this KC Cup event, he's stuck with a shit deck lol.

I'm kinda stuck at lvl 3 of the KC Cup. Just lost 5 out of 6 games. :< Never draw Harpies when I needed them.

Just hit lvl 3 myself. Bandit Keith characters have such an advantage with that broken switcharoo ability. Mako is also annoying as hell with his Umis.

Bad card draws are the absolute worst though. Sometimes I'll have a godly hand and just win in 2 turns. Other times its like wtf.

cHinzo

Spend all my gems to get that Order to Charge card and it's doing work so far. Finally made it to level 4 while going through pretty tough games. Getting to level 5 is gonna be hell &#128557;

That pumpkin card in the newest pack looks interesting too, but sadly I'm out of gems. Gonna save up and try to get it later down the road. Looks like a Wonder Balloons without needing to discard cards.

Getting destroyed in the Kaiba Cup... Wouldn't be so bad if I was actually getting out dueled but more often than not I lose because of multiple bad draws.

cHinzo

Getting destroyed in the Kaiba Cup... Wouldn't be so bad if I was actually getting out dueled but more often than not I lose because of multiple bad draws.
Got like 9 spells and traps in my deck. Drew 7 of them in a row lol, that shit is just plain unlucky.

Got like 9 spells and traps in my deck. Drew 7 of them in a row lol, that shit is just plain unlucky.

Literally its all RNG with most decks. Sometimes I'll have the most optimal hand but the enemy has that one card needed to break the combo easily. So annoying when you barely lose.

Tobe

ive gotten to level 5 pretty easily with the karate man combo. sure its pretty hit or miss but since you CANT rank down the only way is to grind till you win.

sohois

Got around to my first duel in the KC Cup. Played against a full gravekeepers deck. All I'm playing is just a deck with a bunch of good 4* monsters in it, I don't even have stuff like Jerry, Mirror Wall or Michizure. Still managed to win the first one but I think I may be falling behind.

Reached Rank 5, I started yesterday (it was a long, boring day at work).
There are lots or Dinosaur Beatdown and Daedalus decks, but every once in a while you get a new, different if not original deck.
My best experience so far was when I was dueling this guy, managed to destroy his beaters and ended up with a field of Zombie Tiger, Jerry Beans man and Decayed Commander. With Decayed Commander's effect I went through his hand and he was topdecking. I ended up lowering his LP to 50, but he topdecked Possessed Dark Soul! Stole two of my monsters and destroyed my Decayed Commander, lowering my LP to 0.

I've been playing yugioh for years, but this game has been the most fun I've had with it since my High School days.

cHinzo

Reached Rank 5, I started yesterday (it was a long, boring day at work).
There are lots or Dinosaur Beatdown and Daedalus decks, but every once in a while you get a new, different if not original deck.
My best experience so far was when I was dueling this guy, managed to destroy his beaters and ended up with a field of Zombie Tiger, Jerry Beans man and Decayed Commander. With Decayed Commander's effect I went through his hand and he was topdecking. I ended up lowering his LP to 50, but he topdecked Possessed Dark Soul! Stole two of my monsters and destroyed my Decayed Commander, lowering my LP to 0.

I've been playing yugioh for years, but this game has been the most fun I've had with it since my High School days.
Grats! Yeah there are a lot of Dino and Mako decks around. Did see some interesting stuff, like a Yami discard deck, where he made me discard cards from my hand if he did damage to my life points and a control Mind Scan Pegasus deck. Managed to beat the Yami one, but that Pegasus deck was strong, having the entire board on lockdown. Surprisingly not many Gravekeeper deck around, even though they are suppose to be the top deck. Wanna make one myself someday.

Aight, made lots of misplays, but finally reached level 5 with my Vanilla Harpie deck. Top 200k for the prismatic SR looks very doable, since me, as a fresh level 5, am already at rank 17k. Expected a lot more tbh, looking at those reward ranges. Might be able to push to level 6 or 7 to get into the top 10k for that free prismatic UR. :eek: On the other hand, there is a small chance to get the pumpkin SR card for free if I stay within the top 200k...

cHinzo

I'm getting way too salty playing this game. Stupid people with double Mirror Walls. How do u beat that shit.

Hanso

I farm the ultimate rising pack hard for a sonic bird but even without it I still get along in in kc with a mediocre relinquished deck + Keith.

Most fun deck right now.

cHinzo

Dont think theres a better feeling than destroying face down mirror walls with harpies' hunting ground.
Shit gets Twistered or De-spelled on the first turn. &#55357;&#56877;

Edit: just got the pumpkin and it's doing work. Managed to get to level 7 and just above the top 10k!

cHinzo

Aight managed to sneak into the top 10k. Got rank 8236 atm. Hoping to stay into the top 10k for that sweet prismatic UR. Gonna check the rankings again before going to bed tonight.

Managed to get a cool Wild Tornado combo off to remove the other guy's turn 2 Blue Eyes. Set Wild Tornado -> use Harpie with Harpie's Hunting Ground up -> destroy the set Wild Tornado and remove his Blue Eyes. &#9786;&#65039;

Also used an Enemy Controller to steal a Gravekeeper's Oracle while he used the -2000 attack and defense ability after he got summoned. He got it back with 200 attack lol. I'm getting better at this game. &#65533;&#65533;

Edit: rip stuck in level 7. Starting to face those Weevil burn decks and Mai mirror matches. Down to rank 9k and going to bed now. QQ RIP UR.

Hanso

Made it to rank 7020 with a standard relinquished deck. But now I have to chose my two cards. Nice.

Cerberus and Ryukyu would be the smartest I think with that bonus a guarantee for more points.

BrunOz

it was a fun week with the tournament, got 9 star, rank: 2215 with my Weevil parasite burn deck, just received my prismatic shield gardna :)

A.J.

Banned
Chose Riryoku and Enemy Controller as my 2 prismatics since I would get a lot of mileage out of them for points.

I'm thinking of getting enemy controller with my SR pull from KC but I'm hesitating at pulling the trigger.

Any other awesome SR cards available that come highly recommended from GAF?

A.J.

Banned
I'm thinking of getting enemy controller with my SR pull from KC but I'm hesitating at pulling the trigger.

Any other awesome SR cards available that come highly recommended from GAF?

Cerberus would be a good choice since it is often used in grinding cards. Otherwise any SR cards that you want and have a hard time getting. Enemy Controller is always a top tier choice if you don't have one though.

One question about the card trader card. Can you chose to activate it each turn or does it activate automatically?

It's optional, you can choose to activate it during your Standby Phase.

---

Well, I got bored with the amount of Mako and Dinosaur Beatdown decks, so I just got enough DP to get a SR card. I ended up getting my second Enemy Controller.

Also, is it me or are the LV30 reward cards too... underwhelming? I mean, I'm only interested in Harpie Lady 1 and Beetron, and even then, I have no real use for them (at the moment). Harpie Lady 1 seems interesting as it would power up the other Harpies and can be searched with Elegant Egotist.
Beetron is less useful, as there are not many Continuous Spell/Traps that you want to remove from your field AND there are not many Insects that could be useful to revive (other than using them for Tributes).
Pegasus also gets Toon Table of Contents, but with only one, I'm not sure how useful would it be.

Top Bottom