• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

I got 2 toon worlds and 1 mind hax but no actual toon monsters. I traded for two toon summoned skulls, but I have nothing else that would be useful in a toon deck.

Slaythe

I was waiting for them to fix their rewards before rerolling.

I plan on playing exclusively Bakura.

Do I reroll now or I'm waiting for him to get released ?

Help me Gaf!

I was waiting for them to fix their rewards before rerolling.

I plan on playing exclusively Bakura.

Do I reroll now or I'm waiting for him to get released ?

Help me Gaf!
Well you missed the rewards so you've lost a LOT of free gems that would have helped a ton in rerolling. Like, to the point that rerolling wasn't even necessary.

Playing different characters doesn't matter since you can switch them any time between battles.

I didn't get any toon mermaids but I at least managed 3 toon worlds and masked sorcerers. Hopefully they do this at least once a month or two.

sohois

I got 3 toon worlds and a ton of mind hax, but pretty much none of the toon monsters, except toon alligator.

Riryoku in my card trader. Was going to ignore it and wait to get a mythical cerberus, but apparently that's SR anyway so I guess I'll grab one.

cHinzo

Cool, looks like we're getting more gems next maintenance. I could use em since I'm at 50 packs left on the Neo Impact pack and I still don't have the stupid Mirror Wall. -_-

I'm kinda confused on using Traps x amount of times in a row. Can someone explain that for me? Is it a continuous trap used x amount of times?

After 137 pulls from Ultimate Rising is finally got Hane Hane and Sphere Kuriboh right in a row.
Im debating if I should move on or not cause those starred ladybug cards sure would be useful...

sohois

After 137 pulls from Ultimate Rising is finally got Hane Hane and Sphere Kuriboh right in a row.
Im debating if I should move on or not cause those starred ladybug cards sure would be useful...

I wouldn't bother. I just pulled Sphere Kuriboh in the 197th pack. And I'm still waiting for Twister, there are 2 left from 3 packs

I played some Legacy of the Duelist tonight and DAMN do I appreciate this game so much more.
No bullshit cards left and right yet. Swords of revealing light, all sorts spells that destroy all monsters on either side of the field, tons of cards that outright prevent attacking...
Speed dueling is so nice.

Skyo

2 toon worlds and 2 mind haxorz.
1 toon summoned skull, 1 blue eyes, 1 manga ryu ran and too many toon aligators - not enough to make a decent toon deck

I played some Legacy of the Duelist tonight and DAMN do I appreciate this game so much more.
No bullshit cards left and right yet. Swords of revealing light, all sorts spells that destroy all monsters on either side of the field, tons of cards that outright prevent attacking...

Legacy of the duelist is such a great game. So many cards which covers all the arcs, and packs are free!
Shame it isnt portable..I would play it religiously otherwise.

cHinzo

Oops, messed up all my black keys, trying to farm Odion. Damn he's tough to farm. Gonna hold back on that sweet Gravekeeper deck until later I guess. :(

I did managed to win 10 games in a row to go from silver 1 to gold 1 with my Harpy deck. :D First time trying it out and it seems alright!

Honestly I wouldn't consider this game much more balanced. Certain cards dominate the meta and there are basically 4 viable deck types with only a few minor permutations. And it's not like it's hard to use that one water Sea serpent to clear the field while using Mako

I wouldn't bother. I just pulled Sphere Kuriboh in the 197th pack. And I'm still waiting for Twister, there are 2 left from 3 packs

The packs will be going away in mid March. I'm pulling every UR and SR from Ultimate Rising. Other than Judge Man. Why is he even a SR.

Honestly I wouldn't consider this game much more balanced. Certain cards dominate the meta and there are basically 4 viable deck types with only a few minor permutations. And it's not like it's hard to use that one water Sea serpent to clear the field while using Mako
Not balanced, just less infuriatingly annoying.

sohois

The packs will be going away in mid March. I'm pulling every UR and SR from Ultimate Rising. Other than Judge Man. Why is he even a SR.

I'd say not all of the URs & SRs in ultimate rising are worthwhile, which is why I'd suggest moving onto other packs once you get what you want. The sea pack is also going away in March, and it's unlikely you'll get enough gems to open all packs in both.

Also I guess Judge Man was the strongest 5/6* when Ultimate Rising released. But now it isn't and there are rare monsters just as good. Which also happened to Axe Man, an ultra rare which is worse than super rare Jelly Bean Man

gryvan

gawd farming gravekeeper cards are annoying as fuck...

like seriously odion...LET ME FUCKING GET A RECRUITER INSTEAD OF REVERSE TRAP x2 PLEASE

ishizu is very...watched out for carefully...I added chain destruction just in case for assailant or the priestess to prevent necrovalley...

Also some of these farms are annoying due to the fact that you have limited gate keys and the only source to get them is either random duels that drop randomly or card trader every 11 hours to grab only 10 of them....

Oops, messed up all my black keys, trying to farm Odion. Damn he's tough to farm. Gonna hold back on that sweet Gravekeeper deck until later I guess. :(

I did managed to win 10 games in a row to go from silver 1 to gold 1 with my Harpy deck. :D First time trying it out and it seems alright!

He is pretty easy to farm imo. been successfully getting 6k+ out of him. My only problem is that he doesn't drop the damn card i want :/ and i need x3 of it....

hemo memo

Gold Member
Yeah the game is fun but c'mon give me some challenge. Maybe I believe in the heart of the cards too much.
Getting my ass kicked on casual

cHinzo

gawd farming gravekeeper cards are annoying as fuck...

like seriously odion...LET ME FUCKING GET A RECRUITER INSTEAD OF REVERSE TRAP x2 PLEASE

ishizu is very...watched out for carefully...I added chain destruction just in case for assailant or the priestess to prevent necrovalley...

Also some of these farms are annoying due to the fact that you have limited gate keys and the only source to get them is either random duels that drop randomly or card trader every 11 hours to grab only 10 of them....

He is pretty easy to farm imo. been successfully getting 6k+ out of him. My only problem is that he doesn't drop the damn card i want :/ and i need x3 of it....

Yeah, managed to farm Odion consistently now with a Cerberus deck and balance skill. Too bad I wasted all my keys trying to find a way to farm that guy lol.

Now Ishizu is a pain in the ass. That Assailant keeps destroying my 6k Cerberus. -_- Any counters for that shit?!

Thunder dragon Switcharoo is broken holy.

1st Turn discard one get two. Switcha roo oe of them and reactivate the discard effect. You now have 2 tdragone in grave and one extra card in your haND and you've deck thinned in the process. Next turn you can switcharoot he 3rd dragon for something else that's useful.

gryvan

Yeah, managed to farm Odion consistently now with a Cerberus deck and balance skill. Too bad I wasted all my keys trying to find a way to farm that guy lol.

Now Ishizu is a pain in the ass. That Assailant keeps destroying my 6k Cerberus. -_- Any counters for that shit?!

The best I've come up with was keeping twister and despells for the field card. Chain destruction which i am testing to see if i get rid of either all the assailants or priestesses. Keeping another cerb out on the field to clear the priestesses.

Thats about it from what i can think of

ZangBa

Got to stage 50 last night, even if there's no reason to. I think Yama Marik is the next event/character based on the "ending".

cHinzo

The best I've come up with was keeping twister and despells for the field card. Chain destruction which i am testing to see if i get rid of either all the assailants or priestesses. Keeping another cerb out on the field to clear the priestesses.

Thats about it from what i can think of

Aight, just found this Spirit Ryu deck and I'm using a variation of it atm. It consistently gives at least 6k points and unless she has the perfect hand of Necrovalley and two Assailants in her hand while she starts first, there is no way u can lose with Draw Skill: Wind.

gryvan

Burn deck is an epic failure. Not enough supporting cards. Time to build another type of deck.

Cant blame you, current burn deck is bleh atm.

Deckout deck would be nice but the fact that the worm cards and half shut cards are super rare and you have to reset the box everytime you get ine is just annoying and too costly

sohois

Spirit Ryu is currently broken against the AI really, they will simply refuses to attack it as long as you have cards in your hand.

A spirit ryu deck is currently a guaranteed victory against Ishizu, Mai and Yugi.

Spirit Ryu is currently broken against the AI really, they will simply refuses to attack it as long as you have cards in your hand.

A spirit ryu deck is currently a guaranteed victory against Ishizu, Mai and Yugi.

AI are sooooo retarded vs any effect monsters. Almost blew a vein in my head when my auto cpu misused Hane-Hane and lost me the duel.

Why would you return the card that just attacked instead of the monster attacking next even if the first monster had the higher attack points..... Like the only moment they should do that is if the monster was tributed, fusion or ritual.

Bad moments with Trap master and other effects monsters too. Autoduel cpu cannot be trusted if you have effect cards like that in your deck.

Anteo

The AI is so awful its like they didnt even test it.
There is an AI deck that uses a 2000 atk lvl 4 monster that dies if its normal summoned

Guess how the AI tries to summon it

Thud

There's those union type decks where the
AI rather uses wicked breaking flamberge baou than the union effects.

Pulled Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon and Sphere Kuriboh. Booster still has a few UR and SR's I want, but at least I got the ones I play with.

cHinzo

I hope they're not gonna fix the Spirit Ryu bug tbh. I'm low on keys and it's a reliable way to get those 7k scores. :( Gimme some more time to farm!

Anteo

Finally got a cerberus. I dont have the ideal deck but Im still getting over 5k.
Too bad its hard to pull off against city AI with their traps.

I only have one Spirit Ryu so I cant try that one yet. At least not consistenly

cHinzo

Finally got a cerberus. I dont have the ideal deck but Im still getting over 5k.
Too bad its hard to pull off against city AI with their traps.

I only have one Spirit Ryu so I cant try that one yet. At least not consistenly
U can do it consistently with Draw Sense: Wind. When taking 1500 damage or more, u activate ur skill to have a guaranteed Spirit Ryu draw. The AI doesn't attack it as long as u have it on the field and have a couple of cards in hand.

This is what I'm using atm to farm for keys and Odion/Ishizu:
7JRr7E1.png

Stuff like Seal of the Ancients, Mooyan Curry and Gravity Axe aren't really needed, but they help me get to under 1000 LP and I just put the Gravity Axe in, since it's a prismatic to get enough points for another chest. The Polymorph is for the Spirit Ryu + Warrior fusion for the extra 400 points. This deck gets me 7k points.

Thores

Hey, is there any way to get the Book of Taiyou card right now? Or any other Spell/Trap cards that let you Flip a monster on the same turn you Set it? Trying to get more consistent mileage out of a Summoner of Illusions / Ultimate Blue-Eyes Dragon combo.

cHinzo

Hey, is there any way to get the Book of Taiyou card right now? Or any other Spell/Trap cards that let you Flip a monster on the same turn you Set it? Trying to get more consistent mileage out of a Summoner of Illusions / Ultimate Blue-Eyes Dragon combo.

I use Desert Sunlight for that combo. Gotta set it the turn before.

32af516be6.jpg

Anteo

So there is a "+1000 points to every duel" mini event or whatever going on.

Also, I just realized how Sealmaster Meisei can shut down both the Circus Trick decks and the All Traps decks and allow you to farm safelty.

MiTYH

Did another 500 pack from Rising Dragon, got Hane-Hane. I'd say that's worth it, will probably incorporate it into my normal beatdown deck somewhere.

cHinzo

Saved up to 4.3k gems right now. Still need to spend some to get that Mirror Wall. 60 packs left in that pack, mygod. >_> Hope we will get some free gems soon.

Anteo

So this just happened, somehow I managed to trick the game into thinking I was playing with Mako deck and Skill while playing with Mai:

1st game, 1st turn Umi already on the field
Sb92qlC.png

2nd game, showing the skil name
W93DVUS.png

Top Bottom