• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

Without whaling for respawns or having insane time management skill how are you supposed to get enough star chips to get the number of points needed for all the toon world prizes?
The predominant strategy is to build a farming deck that allows for easy Pegasus counters while achieving a score of over 5000 points per duel.

you building it with gravekeepers?

how come ishizu level 40 has necrovalley and there is no way to get it :/

Can't build without necrovalley atm so no. Using mainly Magicians Circle with Dark Magician Girl and some other cool combos. Its my Rank deck so I won't be sharing it. :p

Without whaling for respawns or having insane time management skill how are you supposed to get enough star chips to get the number of points needed for all the toon world prizes?

I have 1.1 million atm. You just have to make sure you win a majority of the matches vs Pegasus minus where he summons Toon Summoned Skull and you don't destroy Toon World. There is still 2 days left. Make sure you are stage 20 so that at least 7 duelists spawn so you can farm star chips easier.

Use the Duel orbs to respawn them and get even more star chips. I have 48 free blue orbs still to respawn at least 4 more times.

I did manage to beat Mako at lvl 30 and get a spare Legendary Fisherman so yay for feeding and getting a free UR orb. Too bad they are really hard to come by as a whole.

I see Cerberus in the shop so now I have to hunt down all the parts for him.

I take it the dueling itself is like Tag Force / Decade Duels?

So you only have Normal, Tribute, Fusion and Ritual Summons. 3 Monster Zones, 3 Trap/Spell Zones. 1 Field Spell Zone. 5 cards only in the Extra Deck meaning only 5 Fusion monsters.

You only have 4000 life points to start with as well so you can die in the first/2nd turn easy depending on what you draw or OTK someone lol.

In other news I'm done with Yami Yugi and am now working on Joey. Its hilarious dueling Kaiba and winning and then hearing his salt when he loses. Made my day hearing him cry about it.

I've just used my duel orbs, made sure to beat all the duel world duelists as much as possible, and taken advantage of the fact that duelists respawn each time you level up. And I've gotten fairly close even taking into account a fairly spotty win record against level 40 pegasus

Mawile

Banned
So you only have Normal, Tribute, Fusion and Ritual Summons. 3 Monster Zones, 3 Trap/Spell Zones. 1 Field Spell Zone. 5 cards only in the Extra Deck meaning only 5 Fusion monsters.

You only have 4000 life points to start with as well so you can die in the first/2nd turn easy depending on what you draw or OTK someone lol.

In other news I'm done with Yami Yugi and am now working on Joey. Its hilarious dueling Kaiba and winning and then hearing his salt when he loses. Made my day hearing him cry about it.

Uh...wow. I guess it's a mobile game, but kind of confused why they couldn't at least get the full card game on there?

I can deal with the lack of later things, but 3 monster zones, 3 traps, and 4000 life points? Guess the wait for a proper Yu-Gi-Oh! mobile release continues.

Uh...wow. I guess it's a mobile game, but kind of confused why they couldn't at least get the full card game on there?

I can deal with the lack of later things, but 3 monster zones, 3 traps, and 4000 life points? Guess the wait for a proper Yu-Gi-Oh! mobile release continues.
It's for bite-sized speed dueling. If you've got 5 minutes, you can do a whole duel, maybe even two against the mob AIs.
I'm interested in seeing what strategies and builds come about due to the different layout.

Speed dueling means the games are over faster and, more importantly, each card has more of an individual impact. Deck building is nuanced because each one of your 20 cards has to really contribute.

If the deck size was 30-40, say, and there was more board space, everyone would run a bunch of the obvious tech cards - Autonomous Action Unit, Shard of Greed - and that would make each deck a bit samey.

Now that you have to trade between obviously great cards that don't directly contribute to winning and your core set of cards that win you the match, it's a nuanced game.

I've managed to pull every UR from the first box. Still need a few SRs then I can focus on the water mini-box for a bit.

Skyo

managed to get to the toon blue eyes gift in the event. Just playing normally and getting roughly 3k points per battle with like.. 20% lose chance. When u level your 'stages' up, u get more AI to fight against.

I visited the deck board and I just outright laughed at some peoples decks. 7 high level monsters with barely any monster cards? Like wtf lol.

So that inspired me to share my crappy Warriors deck I have for Joey thats still waiting on some key cards to make it a proper power house.

12 Monsters
8 Spells
4 Traps

24 total cards.

Monsters

Big Shield Gardna x1
Leotaur x1
Obnoxious Celtic Guardian x1
Hunter with 7 Weapons x1
Black Dragon's Chick x1
Karate Man x1
Dark Effigy x2 (for Red-Eyes summon)
Red-Eyes B. Dragon x1
Judge Man x1 (easy to summon beatstick) Wish Summoned Skull was a thing already
Warrior Dai Grepher x2 (beatstick monster)

Spells

Stamping Destruction x1 (dead draw possibly but good to have)
Black Pendant x1 (best equip card hands down until Malevolent Nuzzler comes around)
Wonder Ballons x1 (Troll balloons to help kill enemy monsters)
Shard of Greed x2 (should make it one but the power to draw 4 cards is extremely powerful if not risky)
Graceful Dice x1 (gotta have a gamble card with Joey or it ain't a Joey deck)
Despell x1 (for those pesky Union decks and Pegasus)
Legendary Sword x1 (to kill those extra attack monsters or give weaker monster more lasting power)

Traps

Mirror Wall x1 (free 1 time win in a battle minus Gadna dying to a monster)
Reinforcements x1 (emergency powers when needed or fed to Wonder Balloons)
Curse Of Aging x1 (Murder those slightly stronger monsters when they attack)
Enchanted Javlin x1 (gonna take it out but pretty useful and netted me Weevil and Isizu with the life point requirements)

Mawile

Banned
It's for bite-sized speed dueling. If you've got 5 minutes, you can do a whole duel, maybe even two against the mob AIs.
I'm interested in seeing what strategies and builds come about due to the different layout.

Speed dueling means the games are over faster and, more importantly, each card has more of an individual impact. Deck building is nuanced because each one of your 20 cards has to really contribute.

If the deck size was 30-40, say, and there was more board space, everyone would run a bunch of the obvious tech cards - Autonomous Action Unit, Shard of Greed - and that would make each deck a bit samey.

Now that you have to trade between obviously great cards that don't directly contribute to winning and your core set of cards that win you the match, it's a nuanced game.

I've managed to pull every UR from the first box. Still need a few SRs then I can focus on the water mini-box for a bit.

I suppose I'll give it a shot then. There are some benefits to playing this way for someone like me as I dislike Xyz and Pendulums.

I suppose I'll give it a shot then. There are some benefits to playing this way for someone like me as I dislike Xyz and Pendulums.

Did I forget to mention that Voice acting is in the game for all characters minus Vagabond? That hearing Kaiba lose to Joey is the best thing ever and hilarious?

I'm with you on XYZ summon and while I like Pendulums its hilariously broken for certain Archetypes. Synchro is only one I'd miss but its not that big of a deal.

Anteo

Re: Speed dueling
Its interesting how shorts the game are, the last 3 times someone played shard of greed against me, the duel was over before they could draw any cards

Edit: Also, I finally got the daedalus from the water pack.

So Yami Marik, Yami Bakura, and Mokuba are definitely coming to the game in the future.
I could see at least the first two being unlockable eventually.
Yugi will probably come back and be unlockable.
Who else does that leave to add in? Bone and Espa Roba I guess.
But beyond that I have no clue. Will they just move on to GX?

So Yami Marik, Yami Bakura, and Mokuba are definitely coming to the game in the future.

I wonder if they will add in filler characters like the Noah arc and then the Doma arc lol.

Thud

Duke Devlin
Tristan
Paradox
Regular Bakura
Regular Marik

Hanso

Is there a market for used accounts? Haha. I can't be bothered anymore, it was fun while it lasted.

Really thinking of giving the account away nothing special but a good amount of ur and sr cards and two chars at level 30, stage level 26. Can you sell this stuff on eBay for a few bucks?

MiTYH

Anyone been having the app freeze lately? iOS here. Nothing detrimental, usually at the end of a duel when it goes back to the main lobby area, it freezes. Have to force open/close, but all the rewards carry over (had it happen at the end of a Pegasus once, scared me to hell)

Xliskin

either this game broken or I did not get it right , whoever start first will win unless you build your deck to avoid this but here is the problem , you can only held 30 cards in your deck I don't think I can put alot of strategies in one deck

either this game broken or I did not get it right , whoever start first will win unless you build your deck to avoid this but here is the problem , you can only held 30 cards in your deck I don't think I can put alot of strategies in one deck

You should have more monsters than traps or spells to avoid dead hands. I hope you aren't putting 30 cards in your deck lol. Stay around the 20 range. I never go over 24 personally.

Depending on your starting hand you can win the duel or be on the backfoot for a few turns.

Xliskin

You should have more monsters than traps or spells to avoid dead hands. I hope you aren't putting 30 cards in your deck lol. Stay around the 20 range. I never go over 24 personally.

Depending on your starting hand you can win the duel or be on the backfoot for a few turns.

My hand was full of monsters but the problem is all my monsters are weaker than his whenever I summon a monster won't last for the next turn

yup my deck contain 30 cards :) , is this bad ??

My hand was full of monsters but the problem is all my monsters are weaker than his whenever I summon a monster won't last for the next turn

yup my deck contain 30 cards :) , is this bad ??
Well then you just need to get some stronger monsters or attack modifying effects. Did you buy packs with your gems?

And 30 card decks aren't as good, since you have a smaller chance to draw your better cards. For example, if you have six monsters with 1650atk and then nine with only 1500atk, removing some of those weaker cards increases the chance at getting the stronger ones.

Xliskin

Well then you just need to get some stronger monsters or attack modifying effects. Did you buy packs with your gems?

And 30 card decks aren't as good, since you have a smaller chance to draw your better cards. For example, if you have six monsters with 1650atk and then nine with only 1500atk, removing some of those weaker cards increases the chance at getting the stronger ones.

Oh cool , well I need to work on my deck then , thanks :)

rNqyk8S.jpg

Barely made it.

Probs to yall that finish I just don't have the time to grind that much dueling I'll be lucky if it get 1 million before the event ends

I hit 1.6 mil and was done. Don't need the 50 gems or the special icon. Happy with my rewards. It will come back anyways.

I got a ton of gems from leveling up Joey and snatched Magic Jammer, Sonic Bird and Hane-Hane from the pack so yay! Ranking is gonna be a ton of fun.

Asmodai48

Yo gaf i just started playing last night. Which of the 4 boxes should i use my gems on first?
Also what is the point of 2 star monsters? When you can play a 3/4 star?

cHinzo

Yo gaf i just started playing last night. Which of the 4 boxes should i use my gems on first?
Also what is the point of 2 star monsters? When you can play a 3/4 star?
Not every deck is a beatdown deck. Some lower level monsters got good effects like Sphere Kuribo and Hane Hane. I would say spend ur gems on Ultimate Rising, since they got some solid cards and it will rotate out soon.

Ended with 2.5 mil points for the Pegasus event. No Toon World though, but I did get Harpies' Hunting Ground for Mai. 😬 Also, the extra UR jewels and gems didn't hurt.

Asmodai48

Not every deck is a beatdown deck. Some lower level monsters got good effects like Sphere Kuribo and Hane Hane. I would say spend ur gems on Ultimate Rising, since they got some solid cards and it will rotate out soon.

Ended with 2.5 mil points for the Pegasus event. No Toon World though, but I did get Harpies' Hunting Ground for Mai. �� Also, the extra UR jewels and gems didn't hurt.

You say rotate out but will they still be usable?

edit- also what is reset box?

sohois

You say rotate out but will they still be usable?

edit- also what is reset box?

Rotate out means the pack will no longer be available to buy at the shop, but the cards themselves will still be usable. Ultimate Rising and Age of Discovery are becoming unavailable on March 15th, iirc.

Each box has 200 packs in it to buy. If you buy them all then you're guaranteed to get every Ultra Rare and Super Rare card in the box. Resetting a box puts the pack count back at 200, allowing a chance to get a second ultra rare card or third super rare. Resetting is only really worth it if you're actually spending money on the game, if you just use gems it's better to buy other boxes.

Asmodai48

Rotate out means the pack will no longer be available to buy at the shop, but the cards themselves will still be usable. Ultimate Rising and Age of Discovery are becoming unavailable on March 15th, iirc.

Each box has 200 packs in it to buy. If you buy them all then you're guaranteed to get every Ultra Rare and Super Rare card in the box. Resetting a box puts the pack count back at 200, allowing a chance to get a second ultra rare card or third super rare. Resetting is only really worth it if you're actually spending money on the game, if you just use gems it's better to buy other boxes.

Sweet, thanks for that :)

gryvan

Did nobody get toon world here?

I swear i think thats the only card that was intentionally left out of RNG rolls

Top Bottom