• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

Just got Ishuzu all I think I have left is Odion to get everyone currently out (and Pegasus w/e the event works). Is Odion 200 dark monsters? Oh and Mako and Rex Raptor

Are there any strong ritual decks? Especially with the new card that was released?

Well with Sonic Bird and Senju of 1k hands, you have the searchers to make a ritual deck. Its up to you on what you wanna build your deck around. 1 Super powerful ritual monster or just straight up beatdown with multiple rituals.

I've been doing nothing since day one aside from daily logins, and am sitting at 5000 gems.

What's my best course of action when I'm ready to start playing? I've been trying to wait for a new series to add to the shop to splurge on, so I could be the newer, cooler kid on the block, but maybe that series will suck, so I figure I'd reach out for recommendations.

Thanks!

Its up to you if you wanna wait for the new packs or start spending and getting cards from the current packs. I suggest a couple packs from the ones available right now to buff up your deck and if you get lucky you might have some URs from your packs.

Also the event is back so yay!

gryvan

ugh pegasus lvl 40 needs to be carefully played...
his traps have judgment of anubis which wrecks you if you try to despell his toon world immediately...>_>

ugh pegasus lvl 40 needs to be carefully played...
his traps have judgment of anubis which wrecks you if you try to despell his toon world immediately...>_>
But even losing against him at level 40 has such a high multiplier that it's the obvious option. So keep at it!

God dead draws suck so bad. Heart of the cards betrays me so often. ;_;

Been refining my deck so its been winning more than losing. Conscription is useless vs Pegasus since his toons can't be normal summoned. Having a beatstick with 2.4k attack is the way to go for most duels except that Tribute summon duelist who can summon Nightshade Dragon.

I really hope we get some key cards soon from new packs. Been dying for Fissure and some other staples. Monster Reborn would just break the game along with Mirror Force but damn if they bring those out lol.

AsianOni

I've been trying the Cerberus deck against Pegasus lvl40 but damn, I think you'll only win if you can draw Cerberus in the first turn. The AI will only put monsters in defense if your ATK is high enough, even though the toon monsters can attack directly. Maybe I should add more Stop Attack cards..

I beat lvl 40 Pegasus by sheer probably unrepeatable luck. My opening hand had Red Eyes Black Dragon & my 1st draw was Black Dragon Chick. He didn't use any traps either so Red Eyes & my other monster just ran through him.

MiTYH

LVL 40 pegasus is a beast. First turn he summoned Toon Summoned Skull. Couldn't compete. Did much better on the second time. He gives a buttload of points, up to 100k now. Still far away from the end, but I at least got him and Relenquished already, which is nice. Those UR gems are what I want now

sohois

Had no trouble farming lvl 40 Pegasus with the Karate Man deck, he doesn't seem to have any way of preventing the attack, as long as you don't get disastrous luck you should win everytime

Oynox

Had no trouble farming lvl 40 Pegasus with the Karate Man deck, he doesn't seem to have any way of preventing the attack, as long as you don't get disastrous luck you should win everytime
Which one exactly? Can you share a link please?

Wondering if I can build a decent deck with my few cards to beat him..

sohois

Which one exactly? Can you share a link please?

Wondering if I can build a decent deck with my few cards to beat him..

No Prob:

http://duellinks.gamea.co/c/kud871ow

That's what I based off of.
It's an easy deck to put together since the most important cards are rare and normal. You'll need 3 x Karate Man, 3 x Twin Swords of Flashing Light and 3 x Secret Pass to the treasure. All come from the Ultimate Rising pack

Anything else is just extra, as long as you have those you're good. 3 x Skelengel is also wise - also comes from Ultimate Rising so should be no problem - and 3 x Jar of Greed is nice. For the final 5 just put in your most useful UR & SR, I use Shooting Star Bow, Hane-Hane and Shard of Greed for example.

How it works:
1) Summon Karate Man
2) Activate Twin Swords..., making sure you have a spare card for discard
3) Activate Secret Pass to the Treasure/Shooting Star Bow
4) Activate Karate Man's effect
5) Proceed to battle phase and attack life points directly twice to deal 4000 dmg.

Bandit Keith with Switcheroo is the best duelist to play with this deck.

dawgparty

No Prob:

It's an easy deck to put together since the most important cards are rare and normal. You'll need 3 x Karate Man, 3 x Twin Swords of Flashing Light and 3 x Secret Pass to the treasure. All come from the Ultimate Rising pack

Anything else is just extra, as long as you have those you're good. 3 x Skelengel is also wise - also comes from Ultimate Rising so should be no problem - and 3 x Jar of Greed is nice. For the final 5 just put in your most useful UR & SR, I use Shooting Star Bow, Hane-Hane and Shard of Greed for example.

How it works:
1) Summon Karate Man
5) Proceed to battle phase and attack life points directly twice to deal 4000 dmg.

Awesome. I'm trying this without jar of greed right now as I don't have any. Not too terrible but I will probably need to level up Bandit Keith to make it more workable.

cHinzo

No Prob:

How it works:
1) Summon Karate Man

Managed to beat Pegasus a couple of times using this deck. U still die on turn 3 or 4 though if u got shit draws, sadly. :\ I'm trying to get the cards for this clown deck. I should have bought the card trader cards when I had the chance lol. :<

jukeboxzer0

Neo Member
Does anyone know how to get the cards listed as rewards for beating Pegasus? Everytime I beat him, I don't get any cards, is it just a really low percentage to drop?

I dunno if most of you know this but here is a cool cheat vs a certain AI deck.

If you fight "The Charmer" deck you pretty much auto win the duel.

Just SET all your cards aka defense position. As long as they are face down the effects of the Charmer can't activate the AI goes stupid and just walls. Just make sure to have 2 or more cards over 20 to avoid decking out first vs the Charmer.

Deck destruction win nets you a ton of points which is nice.

Just SET all your cards aka defense position. As long as they are face down the effects of the Charmer can't activate the AI goes stupid and just walls. Just make sure to have 2 or more cards over 20 to avoid decking out first vs the Charmer.

Cool, charmer duels are infuriating gonna do this from now on

Just a warning but I haven't seen the AI do anything crazy so please let me know if the strategy I put doesn't work for whatever reason.

Edit: The annoying thing about Charmer decks is that you can't auto duel vs them because your own AI is retarded. At max the Charmers have 1.7k defense from Yami Buff but the AI apparently never knows that. They also have a tendency to summon your high level monsters instead of always keeping 2 monsters out in case one of yours gets taken by the charmer. Had lots of moments where my Blue Eyes went to the enemy because my AI decided to be smart and tribute both Monsters and the cpu did the Charmer + Book of the Sun combo to take it. >.<

sohois

I've basically given up on using auto duel the auto ai loses too often once the enemy decks get to level 14

Lvl 27 AI decks remain easily beatable with auto duel. From what I've heard, its not till you hit stage 39 that the AI really does become too hard to auto duel through.

You might have set up the deck in a way that is ill suited to the auto duel function.

Lvl 27 AI decks remain easily beatable with auto duel. From what I've heard, its not till you hit stage 39 that the AI really does become too hard to auto duel through.

You might have set up the deck in a way that is ill suited to the auto duel function.

Yeah having tribute monsters seems like a death knell for auto battle whats a good auto battle idiot ai proof deck?

sohois

Yeah having tribute monsters seems like a death knell for auto battle whats a good auto battle idiot ai proof deck?

Anything that can pack in a good number of 1500+ monsters will tend to have no trouble since none of the AIs will have monsters strong enough to match.

Best option is to use Yugi or Kaiba with their Field spell ability, then pick a number of monsters that benefit from it. So Kaiba might have a deck with 2xAncient Dragon, 3xElement Dragon, 3xSkull Red Bird and 3xFaith Bird, a Blue Eyes, a Meteor Dragon, and then the likes of Banner of Courage, Block Attack and Curse of Aging. Yugi would be best with the likes of Element Doom, Element Magician and Element Soldier.

That's assuming no specific SR or UR cards, which can obviously bump up a deck a lot more depending on what you have.

Oynox

Anything that can pack in a good number of 1500+ monsters will tend to have no trouble since none of the AIs will have monsters strong enough to match.

Except if you duel against an Elemental mages deck.. they have 1500 DEF and profit from Yami as well. Had some long winding battles with them lol

Best option is to use Yugi or Kaiba with their Field spell ability, then pick a number of monsters that benefit from it. So Kaiba might have a deck with 2xAncient Dragon, 3xElement Dragon, 3xSkull Red Bird and 3xFaith Bird, a Blue Eyes, a Meteor Dragon, and then the likes of Banner of Courage, Block Attack and Curse of Aging. Yugi would be best with the likes of Element Doom, Element Magician and Element Soldier.

That's assuming no specific SR or UR cards, which can obviously bump up a deck a lot more depending on what you have.

I just wish I could make 1 deck and switch my character around it as opposed to having to make the same beat down deck for every duelist.

Anteo

Well this is the closest I can get to the combo deck with the cards I have

cgvgtmm.png

Its still hit or miss but at least I can fight the board early if Im unlucky

Im 1-1 vs lvl 40 pegasus. You really have to end the duel inmediatly because he can tribute summon on turn 1.

Maybe putting Magical Arm Shield in there instead of coach zombie would help on survival until I can get more cards to build the real deck.

Nothing better than dueling level 40 Pegasus, he has 1700 LP left, no Toon World out, and youve drawn exactly one monster and it's turn 12. :')

Thud

I just use shadowstalker and direct attack their LP.

I just use shadowstalker and direct attack their LP.

Doesn't he just use the Dark charmer to take control of it?

More AI madness on my end, I really hate auto duel a lot. But its so useful to take a look away and do your own stuff.

Major issue having Trap Master in your hand. Your AI will never place TM on the field if there is only your own trap cards. Lost a lot of duels due to that. Then attacking defense position monsters with highest attacks always.

No one has Giant Soldier of Stone or Mystic Elf so why do AI keep attacking with 2k+ attack monsters when the weaker monster would have done it and the direct attack would be much more..... zzzzzzzzzzz

Good news is that I grabbed a ton of good cards and got Kaiba to lvl 30. Yami Yugi is lvl 21 right now and I'm working to move him to 30 as well.

I just need to have Tea drop a Sage Stone magic card to complete Yugi's deck completely.

The set up is similiar, make the opponent set three face down charmers.

Then they can't take control and have to take the hit directly.

Really? Usually if the opponent's field is full of monsters and he takes control of your card, the card that was targeted is banished to the graveyard due to monster zone overflow. At least thats what happened to me when the AI did it vs his full field.

Finally beat Pegasus at level 40.

Dueled him a second time at the same level, but only got him down to 200 LP and lost. =/

I don't think I'll be able to unlock Blue Eyes Toon Dragon in time.

Three lvl 40 Pegasus wins in a row. &#9996;
Having cards that destroy spells and that can handle Toon Goblin Attack Force really takes him down.

I think its time for me to make an anti pegasus deck. Just for the event. Des Counterblow and other spell destruction is good. Just have to watch out for Judgement of Anubis.

AsianOni

It's pretty hilarious that a deck consisting of only magic and trap cards, works much better that any of my other decks against Pegasus lvl40..

Is there any other way to obtain Toon World besides the chance of winning it vs. Pegasus?

Also, sitting on a ton of gems I'm wondering if I should cash in on the new box. Don't know how good the cards are in there

Also, sitting on a ton of gems I'm wondering if I should cash in on the new box. Don't know how good the cards are in there
The two URs are pretty good.
A quick scan of the contents shows that it's great if you're building a deck for Weevil or want to use fire monsters.
It also has Warrior Dai Grepher, the first four star normal monster in this game with 1700 attack. Until now they capped at 1650 and only went beyond that with severely hampering effects. He's one to grab at least.

Top Bottom