• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BotW DLC Pack 1 Detailed (Hard mode, trials, clothes, custom fast travel point)

Marcel

Sounds like you didn't much care for it in the first place going by that

Not true. I like the game a lot. But the holiday is a long way away. We'll be well past by E3 by that point and I'll be looking forward to those new games of 2018 and any surprises left to be revealed for that year.

Speely

Banned
I'll have probably forgotten the game by then in all honesty. Oh well. I just get to keep my money instead.

Fair enough. It's not a game for everyone, that's for sure.

Edit: just read your post above. Maybe just wait it out and see if you like what the holiday DLC offers? No need to buy in now :)

Not true. I like the game a lot. But the holiday is a long way away. We'll be well past by E3 by that point and I'll be looking forward to those new announcements and any surprises left to be revealed.

Doubt you'll forget the game tho since its the GOTY talks that happen at that time.

Lots of people arguing about which game deserves the meaningless Titles of GOTY

jph139

Hard Mode is a bit of a letdown, but that challenge sounds great, and the new retro armor (and Korok Mask) are cool. Hopefully the footstep tracker is retroactive...

Between that and the Mask, I might end up 100%ing the game after all!

Machina

Banned
What I'm wondering is if the Majora and Midna masks have any practical use apart from cosmetics. After you get over the initial novelty of it, is it really worth sacrificing the stat bonuses of other armor for cosmetics?

ReyVGM

@BY2K

Your thread title makes it sound as if Dual Language is part of the DLC pack, but it is not.

You can download BotW's update right now and have dual language.

*edit*
Forget it. Title was changed.

plufim

Duel audio is neat. I'll save it for my hard mode playthrough.

Not sure what language I'll pick though, how are the non-english European dubs?

Like why go with Japanese audio if the French dub is good?

Speely

Banned
Well if there is golden lynels at least we could get better bows.

Oooh mama. Do want.

I wish there were Guardian-specific buffs that made them a real threat even to well-equipped players. That would be cool. It was so much fun fearing them early on.

Wait... does this mean I'll never see the lowest forms of enemies on hard mode? I'll never see a Red Bokoblin?

That kind of sucks. They should randomly program it that the lowest level enemies still will spawn 1/10 or 1/20 times just so the player can see them.

Speely

Banned
Duel audio is neat. I'll save it for my hard mode playthrough.

Not sure what language I'll pick though, how are the non-english European dubs?

Like why go with Japanese audio if the French dub is good?

I have heard the German dub is great.

Wow, I love Hero's Path Mode, Trial of the Sword and the medallion. Definitely going to buy this.

Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.
Please make it completely unbreakable, not stronger. I like weapon durability, but an indestructible weapon that is very hard to obtain would be perfect for mindless exploration during the end/post-game.

Hard mode sounds boring.

ReBirFh

Heros path + korok seed + hard mode will breath some new life into the game as I still have +600 korok seeds to find and some armors to upgrade.

I don't know what people were expecting from hard mode. You can: Disable champion powers, no cook/only eat raw food, no upgraded armors + hard mode seems to be difficulty enough ( I played with disabled champion powers + only food earned from travellers or stolen from camps could be saved on my bag + If I coocked it to be immediately eaten)

Plenty of new thing for $20 when lots of games asks $5 / $7 for just a skin.

Dystify

Zero²;235401301 said:
I wonder if a higher tier of enemies means more challenging AI?

That'd be great but I doubt it. The weak (or easily "outplayable") AI in BotW is one of my biggest gripes with the game.

All the content hits in August except dual audio right?

Is dual audio part of DLC or free?

Dual audio patch is out right now. It's free.

They haven't actually confirmed August for the DLC. It's only "Summer" right now.

Zee-Row

Banned
I hope the story DLC has a better ending then the main campaign. Even though this game was excellent it had the most underwhelming Zelda ending.

Machina

Banned
When you purchase the Expansion Pass, three new treasure chests appear in the game's Great Plateau area. Inside one of these chests, Link will find a shirt bearing a familiar crest: the Nintendo Switch logo! The other two chests provide useful in-game items for Link's adventure.

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/expansion-pass/

Says "Available now."

Yeah but the contents are pretty much trash. 2 of them have items you could go out and find in the world in about 20 minutes and the third has a tacky immersion breaking Nintendo Switch T Shirt.

13ruce

Banned
Fucking yes midna helmet and majoras mask are mine and omg phantom outfit.

Omg the first pack sounds amazing:)

javadoze

I actually think the hard mode sounds fine? I wonder what the chests in the sky thing is about though.

Probably related to the fact that there's platforms with enemies in the sky now.

YsiLnNM.jpg

13ruce

Banned
Hard Mode sounds awesome :D ohgod time to hit up that friend that really wanted to play BotW. this is gonna be a blast:)

maxcriden

ubiblu

The Korok Mask and Hero's Path are superb additions that would have greatly benefited me in the base experience. Not a fan of wave-based challenges so not sure how far into Trial of the Sword i'll make it.

The biggest take-away from this is that a certain leaked armour set will likely be tied to an in-game discoverable chest, and not an Amiibo. This alone makes me very happy.

Dual audio? Well, it pisses me off that it wasn't available from the start, but it will be cool when I replay the game at least.

Now add dual audio to Xenoblade X and Other M, please.

Arttemis

Oooh, I almost wish I had waited until all the DLC had released before starting.

The language options are massive, but I think I might hold off replaying until the full DLC set releases veggie replaying.

TZchassis

New costumes look amazing. I am surprised that people aren't very disappointed by hard mode. How can Nintendo get away with simply upgrading the colors of the enemies by one level and call it a day. Extremely lazy for a paid option Imo. I hope that there's more to it some way.

Top Bottom