• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BotW DLC Pack 1 Detailed (Hard mode, trials, clothes, custom fast travel point)

Honestly I'm happiest about dual audio. No offense to the English actors, but the English voice acting in BOTW is really really bad. Hopefully I'll actually be able to tolerate the cutscenes now in Japanese.

00000625_11.jpg
This is scarier than RE6.

Very happy about the Korok Mask. Combined with the path outline I should be able to get all the seeds.

I'm very glad I waited to start my playthrough until all of this stuff is out. Hopefully the other 30th Anniversary Amiibo will be refreshed with the three new ones this June.

I want all the Zelda Amiibo before I start my playthrough.

It also looks like I had the right idea with my post about Hard Mode two months ago:

I'm not sure how much hard mode being paid content will expand its feature set.

It isn't like hard mode is purchasable on its own. It's only one part of a $20 pass the big portion of which is the new content in Winter.

Nintendo could simply view hard mode as a bit of a bonus like the starting, cheats, Cave of Trials and new map feature.

Breath-of-the-Wild-Expansion-796x400.jpg

I mean hard mode is listed after the Cave of Trials on the Expansion pass graphic.

Bullet points were listed in terms of importance. Hero Mode is pretty close to what it's been since Skyward Sword. The Cave of Trials is the real meat of the DLC pack.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I guess me not being able to get a switch has been fate. Duel audio hype!

Lol yeah, when I eventually get one, all the DLC will probably be out, hard mode, extra story content, challenges and none of that terrible US dub.

Speely

Banned
Hard mode is a disappointment. Really thought they'd do something cool with it.

I sort of agree. They should have done what they did PLUS a food restriction of some kind in battle and something like enemies who can crit for much-increased damage.

And no Divine Beast Abilities.

gogogow

Dual audio as a dlc package is laughable.

Maybe try reading the OP next time instead of quickly posting something negative. Pathetic.

Starting today, players will be able to experience the game in one of nine audio languages [Japanese, English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian and Russian], with a different language used for on-screen text by downloading a free software update.

Madness

Honestly a lot of this should just be a base feature in future games or the game rather than DLC. I mean hard mode so many games have. Also, the heat map and fast travel medallion to any point sound like utility features everyone should be given. But it is what it is. I wonder how the hard mode will play. Also can't wait to see what they have planned for dlc.

Cool.
Eventide Island
was maybe the highlight of BOTW for me, so Trial of the Sword sounds incredible. I'll sink hours and hours into various sorts of attempts at that.

I've been looking forward to Hard mode most of all, and I guess I have mixed feelings about it. I didn't want the artificial difficulty of more survival aspects - harsher inventory limits or food that spoils or whatever - but I did want some more exciting enemies to fight other than Lynels. Maybe that's what the flying enemies are? Either way, this is more than enough for me to play this game again. Like I needed much of an excuse anyway

heh, was expecting Hard Mode to be awesome and the trial to be underwhelming. Ended up being the other way around.

I still haven't finished the game because I've been taking my time looking around for korok seeds without a guide, but the masks and shrine tracker makes me feel like just rushing through to the end...which would make using the damn trackers pointless anyways.

Tingle outfit, Nintendo is having a fucking laugh

Yukinari

45 floors of the same enemies over and over.

It works in WW and TP because of the amount of enemies and not to mention you could bring whatever you wanted in with you. You cant do that now.

What a terrible cave of trials.

Griss

Wow, hard mode is a huge disappointment. Levelling up all the enemies and adding regen is far lazier than I thought they'd go. The difficulty issue in BotW is with being able to spam food, I'm so surprised that preventing that isn't part of the solution.

But on the other hand:
Hero's Path Mode

This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

I was just talking with a friend about how awesome this would be. Sharing the route you took through Hyrule with a bunch of different people would be amazing. I'm on my second playthrough and it has been so different from the first it's amazing.

And as someone who doesn't like the english voice acting for the main characters (with a couple of exceptions) changing it to Japanese is a treat.

Adaren

They may still put out a "Survival Mode" that can be turned on separately from Hard Mode.

So you could do Hard+Survival, or just Survival, or just Hard, or neither.

I imagine that developing and refining a compelling Survival Mode takes a lot more time and effort than just cranking the combat difficulty up a level.

Tagg9

Ugh, hard mode sounds like an incredible letdown. I was expecting more restrictions around armor, food, etc.

It works in WW and TP because of the amount of enemies and not to mention you could bring whatever you wanted in with you. You cant do that now.

Uhh have you played Eventide Island? That makes it significantly more fun. I'm sure these rooms aren't just going to be huge square pits like in the test of strength shrines

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Because they detailed what the Korok mask does, I assume the other masks and outfits won't get unique abilities. However, I hope they do.

That hero path is retroactive, right? So my current 170 hours will be tracked?

Yes, the press release confirms it.

balohna

Sort of sucks that a lot of this would be better to have during a first playthrough. I was hoping they'd add new stuff to do beyond trials and hard mode.

Not bad considering its the first pack. $20 for the pass seems worth it if this is all thats in the first and the 2nd contains a new story and what not. If this was split it would probably be $5/$15. Im down.

Also the Tingle outfit is fantastic.

Shin-Ra

The 'Voice Language Selection' expansion's up on the UK Wii U eStore but you have to access via the game's full eStore page and then View Add-On Content.

The in-game DLC button takes you straight to the £17.99 expansion pass.

edit: It's 834.7 MB to download.

DNAbro

uhh it's the exact opposite. That's absolutely one of the best things they could do to make this challenging.

I'm loving absolutely everything about these details, so glad to see that Majora's Mask in there. Tingle outfit just jumped to my "best of DLC" list for its sheer madness.

Edit: For a fun hard mode, try limiting yourself to six-to-eight hearts as well and using unupgraded armor. After a certain something of course.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Sort of sucks that a lot of this would be better to have during a first playthrough. I was hoping they'd add new stuff to do beyond trials and hard mode.

If someone wanted to play this game twice (and no more), I'd suggest to them that they wait for all the DLC to be out. The second DLC pack will likely have more of what you're looking for.

I'm getting mixed messages haha

That's awesome... I really hope it somehow can work retroactively though.

I'm pretty positive that it does break while glowing because it has broken on me while glowing. I think its durability is just exceptionally high.
And apparently its durability resets when you start the Ganon fight? Honestly not sure of that myself.

It does work retroactively.

Speely

Banned

Eh I think it sounds kinda awesome since weapon decay and no real gear. Like Eventide but just for combat. As someone who purposefully limits myself to no Stasis+ or Divine Beast Abilities or +Defense buffs in Lynel fights, the Cave of Trials appeals to me. I really enjoy the way combat works in this game and would love to be properly challenged.

Yukinari

Uhh have you played Eventide Island? That makes it significantly more fun. I'm sure these rooms aren't just going to be huge square pits like in the test of strength shrines

Eventide Island is an elaborate well made shrine challenge that the series has never seen before and thus surprises the player.

Cave of Trials is not new so im allowed to compare it to previous entries.

Was hyped for hard mode but there doesn't seem to be much to it so this is mostly disappointing. I'll pass for now until I see the dungeon.

Like I expected, hard mode sounds really underwhelming.

I love the Tingle outfit. I hope they give the other items a bit of work though.

Trial of the Sword sounds fun.

Me getting the DLC completely depends on how good the 'dungeon' pack is.

Top Bottom