• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BotW DLC Pack 1 Detailed (Hard mode, trials, clothes, custom fast travel point)

HeySeuss

I don't see the big deal about the dual audio. It'll be neat to play around with for 10 minutes but to the majority of people that only speak one language I don't understand the draw.

So you don't hear Zelda's bad voice acting in English, so now it'll be in German or Japanese?

KingBroly

Banned
Eventide Island is an elaborate well made shrine challenge that the series has never seen before and thus surprises the player.

Cave of Trials is not new so im allowed to compare it to previous entries.

I wish I could play Eventide Island again.

DNAbro

Eventide Island is an elaborate well made shrine challenge that the series has never seen before and thus surprises the player.

you haven't played this one though.

I wish the Story DLC was first. That's whats gonna make me jump bacj into the game, although it makes more sense to do the Trial first

By virtue of you not starting with any equipment it's already significantly different. Also combined with the fact that weapons degrade means you'll have a limited number, so you can't just handle it like any other enemy encounter in the game where you come in with tons of strong weapons.

After all, Eventide with your existing weapons would have been any other random location.

Thoraxes

Man, I wonder if "Hero's Path Mode" is retroactive. Either way, I won a free Season Pass for this game thanks to a very kind person I follow on Twitter, so i'll be all over this! The Korok Mask seems great too. Glad I left plenty to do after I finished the main story stuff, because this makes a good argument to go back when this hits to clean up some more of the stuff i've not yet seen.

Yukinari

you haven't played this one though.

I just dont see how theyre gonna stretch 45 floors of vanilla combat with the enemy selection in this game.

Unless every room is elaborate and interesting like the screenshot shows and not just enemy camps or mini boss fights.

it's me or it's really underwhelming?

Its underwhelming, but the brunt of the pass is with the second pack. The cliff notes made that known a while ago, except now we see there are some extras thrown in. This is like the 5 dollars of the 20 dollars in my eyes.

Speely

Banned
Hard mode sounds kinda bad, but the rest sounds pretty alright.

This is where I am at. With how it reads on paper, I feel it should be more punishing. The other stuff sounds pretty great though.

We'll see. Maybe that "one level" above silver is butt-fuckingly hard.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I wonder if "Hero's Path Mode" is retroactive. Either way, I won a free Season Pass for this game thanks to a very kind person I follow on Twitter, so i'll be all over this! The Korok Mask seems great too. Glad I left plenty to do after I finished the main story stuff, because this makes a good argument to go back when this hits to clean up some more of the stuff i've not yet seen.

It is retroactive.

The route taken will be tracked for the player’s last 200 hours of play time, with an included slider to track footsteps on a timeline. This even works retroactively, so players that have already put many hours into the game will be able to see where they have traveled.

Pack 1 always sounded less impressive and well, it's not bad. Better than expected, at least. The new armor/masks look pretty cool.

Gives me high(er) hopes for the 2nd pack.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
05_tinglesoutfit.jpg
Zv5eWgy.png

Yeah, DLC 2 was always the real meat and potatoes pack. This is more a collection of miscellaneous extras and was always advertised as such. Ultimately it's actually more than I expected, so I'm happy.

Speely

Banned
I wish the Story DLC was first. That's whats gonna make me jump bacj into the game, although it makes more sense to do the Trial first

I do too, but a new story/area is going to be way better for driving holiday sales for a game released in March.

I feel like the holiday DLC will also re-establish the game for critics for dat GOTY hype.

Pretty paltry offerings so far for a $19.99 pricetag.

You know that the biggest part of the 19.99 DLC is dropping this holiday season, right?

Nessus

Mostly interested in the Master Sword upgrade.

If it means I can finally have a goddamn sword that doesn't break then I'll bang my head against the trial for as long as it takes.

watershed

Banned
Oh shit I want all of this. Damn you Nintendo for drawing me back into BOTW and making me buy your dlc. The map features sound really interesting. And I want to unlock the true power of the master sword. And what does "look up you may see treasure chests and enemies in the sky" mean? New flying enemy types?

Effect

Looks pretty damn good. Was curious as to what the hard mode would be. There were only so many places they could go with it because the game is difficulty enough already and no matter how powerful you get you can across things that could almost one shot you unless you max out everything. Now that's back it seems and on that front it should be even harder. Regen of health should mean you have to be even more aggressive bu against enemies that are going to do even more damage. The Lynel fights are going to be insane as a result.

Dual audio is nice but some wanting that are going to be even worse to listen to/read. The English voice acting is fine. Some of it is better then other parts but there is nothing horrible about it at all. I wouldn't even label any of it bad. I can understand not having a liking to the accents used but some people try to act like it's the worse thing they ever heard. Now normally I just tune those people out but they're going to be going double time I think saying how much better another language sounds when likely they don't even speak it and have no clue if it's actually good or not. I hated that bs back when I first started watching anime and hate it now. Ugh.

Back to the DLC. I wanted more armor sets and I'm glad we're getting that. I wish it was more then just two and the rest being mask. Maybe we'll get more with the second pack as this wasn't at all detailed in the original announcement.

Oh shit I want all of this. Damn you Nintendo for drawing me back into BOTW and making me buy your dlc. The map features sound really interesting. And I want to unlock the true power of the master sword. And what does "look up you may see treasure chests and enemies in the sky" mean? New flying enemy types?
Flying silver lynels lol.

Mostly interested in the Master Sword upgrade.

If it means I can finally have a goddamn sword that doesn't break then I'll bang my head against the trial for as long as it takes.

Please let this be the case, if we could finally have a normal non-breaking Master Sword that would be swell.

Edit: ^ just in case

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Compare Eventide to Crescent Island from Oracle of Ages, then.

Seems good to me. Not sure what people expected from hard mode. Stronger enimeys they regen health seems cool. Plus now we got to watch the sky's. My bet is the last DLC will be the one that mixes up the map with new story mode.

Flying silver lynels lol.

Just the thought of the Lynel's accuracy with the bow and arrow combined with it being high up in the air makes me fear it more than the Guardian Helicopters

Make Guardian Scouts equipped with Ancient Arrows, and put them up in the sky, that's sure to scare some people

Hard mode is much less than I was hoping for. Bummer.

The pathing stuff is neat but DLC 2 needs to be pretty awesome to get me to pay up.

Top Bottom