• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BotW DLC Pack 1 Detailed (Hard mode, trials, clothes, custom fast travel point)

Pygrus

Yo, that hard mode is pretty disappointing. It's going to be tough in the beginning but you are going to get to the point where you have the upgraded armor and all the food. Then it's just the same as normal mode except mobs have regenerating health.

jviggy43

Been purposefully holding off playing for hard mode. Expected some limitations on food recovery and inventory possibly, maybe a unique spin. Never expected paid DLC for a mere stat bump...yet here we are.

I find this pack largely terrible as a paid proposition.

Dual audio as a dlc package is laughable.

05_tinglesoutfit.jpg

<-------------- Tingle's Bulge

Nice stuff. The armor is all great as long as we don't need another 30 star fragments to upgrade it.

Finding out where I've been and also Korok locator are huge things I wanted but wasn't sure how they'd implement. I'm happy with both.

The trial thing sounds cool, but I'd like to hope its not one of those "oop you got to room 44 and died, now you have to start all over!" things. If I die, that's fine, but I'd like to pick back up where I left off, or even be able to leave and come back instead of sitting there for hours. Hopefully there's a good middle ground here they've got because that seems like fun.
Ya'll know the last few rooms will probably have Lynels in them too so RIP to whoever goes first

Do we know about pricing yet? Is the DLC out now?

I'm pretty sure it can break when powered up, just that it has a good amount more durability
. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Yeah even when powered it can break. 60 permanent damage (and maybe like 120 when powered up) would be awesome. Never breaking would be cool too, or maybe a shortened cooldown would be nice.

So with the details of the game showing that the Master Sword will always be in it's "powered up state", I assume that means it's always on perfect mode?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
From the press release:

Hard Mode: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is already considered one of the most thrilling games in The Legend of Zelda series, and fans looking for a challenge are in for a treat with the new Hard Mode. In Hard Mode, the ”ranks" of enemies in the game are increased (i.e. Red Bokoblins change to Blue), and players might even encounter higher-ranking enemies they wouldn't find through normal play. Enemies will also slowly recover health in battle, forcing you to defeat them more quickly. They will also more easily spot Link as he approaches them, making these enemies tougher to sneak up on. In addition, floating planks held aloft by balloons will be scattered around Hyrule. By successfully reaching these planks, players can battle enemies and collect treasure.

The website didn't mention the stealth change. I'm curious if "higher-ranking enemies" means a new color classification of enemy will appear.

So,
Always 60 Attack and never breaks. Kinda breaks the game.

I'm pretty sure it can still break while glowing? I tend to only use it when it's glowing and it has broken. I think it just has comparatively fantastic durability.

Alienfan

So it's microtransactions you have to work for and a hard mode that most other games ship with or would patch in for free. I'm not close to finishing the game yet, but I was hoping for new areas or story content

Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.

Because the correct reward for mastery over combat is... easier combat. =/

Hero's Path looks interesting since it can help you figure out exactly where the fresh (as in, new-to-you) content is.

Hard mode is... health regen, enemy level +1, enemy level cap increase? And "enemies and treasure chests in the air?" That does not sound like a compelling reason for me to get back into this game, but I guess I'll see what the DLC looks like after it comes out before I buy it.

The Travel Medallion is neat, I guess. If you have a favorite spot, you can always come back to it.

The extra equipment is a nice bonus, I guess, but overall, as a somewhat-seasoned BotW player, I dunno if there's enough here to bring me back into the game.

Emu-Fred

Banned
Hard Mode sounds disappointing, was thinking there was going to be some form of shrine/ dungeon remix.

But phantom armor and tingle Link almost makes the disappointment go away.

And trial of the sword sounds awesome

Eolz

So happy about the dual audio free update, didn't expect that!
And damn, that first pack is also a lot more than I expexted. Sounds fantastic!

RockmanBN

Hard mode doesn't look that significantly different. Only looks like harder hitting enemies that regen health. Assumed hard mode would have been more different than that.

Regiruler

That's a really underwhelming hard mode.

I was expecting some master quest level stuff. The big difference is that you literally can't win against Guardians via chip damage?

I'm most disappointed of all that they didn't give some of the gamepad features back (naming your horse is downright embarrassing, even if it's so minor).

Speely

Banned
So it's microtransactions you have to work for and a hard mode that most other games ship with or would patch in for free. I'm not close to finishing the game yet, but I was hoping for new areas or story content

That's the next DLC.

Some of this sounds great. The waves of enemies thing sounds cool, the map feature might be interesting, and I look forward to flying train carts into the sky for chests.

I look forward to Silver+ Lynels.

Edit: Gold Lynels???

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The Korok Mask seems like a lifesaver for completitionists. Thinking I might start a fresh save when both DLC packs come out.

Anteo

The contebts of each dlc were already revealed before. The storh dlc comes later this yeat.

Top Bottom