• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BotW DLC Pack 1 Detailed (Hard mode, trials, clothes, custom fast travel point)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really interested in the new map feature, but it would be nice to glance at. Hopefully it can be toggled on and off.

it's a secret to everybody

Idk Wario64 posted it

There are a few screens I've seen that aren't on the website. I'm guessing they were added to the press site or something.

The 45 Room Battle Course probably. It's probably going to be amazing. The game needed another Eventide Island like Experience.

Yeah, I figured that was the setting. I'm very curious how it will play. It seems like a cool approach. I'm definitely interested in it for the reward.

I really hope that's only a synopsis for Hard Mode and there's a bunch of under the hood changes. I wanted something similar to FNV's survival mode or something.

Neoxon

Nice Hard Mode sounds awful. But everything else sounds decent. Not sure if its worth buying yet, I'll probably wait for the 2nd DLC which seems to be substantial.

Also why do we need to download a voice pack for Dual Audio? It's all there already isn't it? We can switch languages pretty easy.
You only need to download the Voice Pack for the Wii U version. The Switch version just enables the option to change the spoken language & the subtitles' language individually.

Drewboy64

Holy cow, this is some robust DLC considering this is only the first of two parts. The path tracker sounds incredible. And that new armor, holy crap. Also very cool that the trials actually powers up the sword, so there's a permanent reward.

I wonder if Hard mode requires you to create a new save file, or if you can have two saves or something. I don't want to lose my progress

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Been purposefully holding off playing for hard mode. Expected some limitations on food recovery and inventory possibly, maybe a unique spin. Never expected paid DLC for a mere stat bump...yet here we are.

I find this pack largely terrible as a paid proposition.

KarmaCow

Been purposefully holding off playing for hard mode. Expected some limitations on food recovery and inventory possibly, maybe a unique spin. Never expected paid DLC for a mere stat bump...yet here we are.

I find this pack largely terrible as a paid proposition.

Yea same here, I was expecting much more from a Hard mode if they were going to charge for it.

Wait did anyone see the picture of the floating platforms with moblins on them from that PR? I'm on mobile so I can't link it, if that's indicative of the types of changes in hard mode that actually sounds pretty cool.

How are people not more excited by Trial of the Sword? It's like
multiple Eventide Islands!

Yeah that alone would make for some nice DLC judging by the way it sounds.

Karu

Putting something like Heroäs Path mode behind DLC is weird. QoL imrovements like that should be free, other than that seems Pack 1 has some solid additions.

Not

Banned
I still have one dungeon left (enjoying not rushing through this game immensely), but I couldn't resist seeing what's on the way.

Loving that Tingle outfit to death.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
From the press release:

When Link clears all of the trials, the true power of the Master Sword will awaken and always be in its glowing powered-up state.

Sounds like that's the Master Sword change. I like it, but anyone looking for a major overhaul will probably be disappointed.
If only the previous requirements for glowing further doubled the attack power.

That hard mode sounds awesome; I might just switch to it and never go back. Those outfits are cool too, and the Travel Medallion sounds like a godsend!

forrest

formerly nacire
Pretty cool stuff. Also, that map feature is pretty crazy. Having put enough hours into the game that a lot of my path will be lost to the ether, I'm still pretty amazed it will be able to see 200 hours into where I've been. This is all based on the fact the feature will be retroactive which I'm hesitant to believe.

ghibli99

Sweet! I just sold my Wii U BOTW and plan on doing another playthrough in the not-too-distant future on Switch. Can't wait to experience it with the Japanese VO this time around.

And that Tingle gear. LOL Awesome.

Okay that is freakin awesome. Awesome armor, dual audio, the trials, theyre all great!

Goddamnit Nintendo Ive put in 200+ hours into this already. Stop pulling me back in! I want to do things!!!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
05_tinglesoutfit.jpg

This ain't right.

An outfit that could embarrass Rock Lee.

Top Bottom