• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Joestar confirmed for Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Bullza2o

The pic with the statue is interesting. Maybe Sakurai is going for more dual-control characters like Rosalina and Ice Climbers.

iuuIVl7Z1Y2Or.png

DUN DUN DUN

Jagsrock

Banned
Seeing as how she is a twilight princess form of Zelda and that dark nut is the phanton hourglass / spirit tracks version, I'd going to say its a assist trophy. just my guess though
My guess too. Sakurai is just trying to throw us off as usual.

Probably a Rosie-style puppet fighter of her Spirit Tracks form?

Which means there probably won't be Toon Zelda right?
I never felt she was likely even before this.

I'm more concern about if Ganondorf will receive any major changes. He's long overdue for them, especially with how badly he turned out in Brawl (relatively speaking).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
OP updated with pics.

Also, looks like she has a new move involving a Darknut? =O

For those of you who've never played Spirit Tracks, it's actually a Phantom.

In the central Dungeon in Spirit Tracks, Zelda (who is a ghost due to the plot) can posses the armor and team up alongside Link.

Lunar15

It was to be expected with link being his TP model, but I'm still not a huge fan of this design.

But dat phantom... I like that.

vall03

Disappointed that its the Twilight Princess design, though as many have been speculating here, it seems she has a new moveset which is what I'd want.

Also, why the fuck is there still no new Pokemon confirmation for the game?! Really missed the XY hype train too.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
YESSSSSSSSSSS

and OMG at that screenshot with the armor!!! LOVE that callback to Spirit Tracks (one of my fave in the series) where *very mild spoiler* Zelda would possess those armors and work together with Link <3

Jawmuncher

Those WiiU graphics man so good.
Sucks it's not skyward sword zelda, would've been cool to see a sheik design there.

Watch Da Birdie

She wasn't already? I guess somehow my brain had thought she was announced.

No, this is the third Zelda, Princess Zelda.

onnRaYM.jpg

You're confused because they've already revealed Zelda (the main one) and Toon Zelda, as you can see in the pic above.

HUELEN10

I never felt she was likely even after this.

I'm more concern about if Ganondorf will receive any major changes. He's long overdue for them, especially with how badly he turned out in Brawl (relatively speaking).

How was he bad in Brawl? Never played as him. Does he not fight true to the games or something?

EulaCapra

Wow, I thought we were actually going to get a new character on Christmas and we did! PRAISE ZELDA!

But more importantly, Sakurai on Miiverse:
Pic of the day. To celebrate the launch of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds in Japan, Zelda joins the battle!! It's great to see so many female characters this time around.
I love that he's addressing the amount of females after failing in Brawl. Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of new female updates. We still need Palutena and Dixie Kong at the very least!

I can't believe people want SS Zelda/Link. They looked like pug nosed hobbits.

And don't post the artwork from the game, because we all know they don't like look that in the game itself. Plus, that Zelda doesn't have the same prowess that TP Zelda does.

Perfect Zelda is perfect.

I hope she plays very differently. Reusing the Sheik mechanic well after it was no longer relevant for the character felt odd. I don't want Smash characters to be stuck in the same playstyle forever like other fighting games. The Phantom addition looks promising.

Have the same reservation about Mario still using FLUDD, of course.

How was he bad in Brawl? Never played as him. Does he not fight true to the games or something?
Well no, he fights like Captain Falcon in Smash Bros games for some reason (they added him late during Melee and didn't have time to give him a real moveset).

In Brawl, both he and Falcon were completely ruined by the game's slower speed and lack of combo ability. Ganon's moves were already weighty, but they were slowed down even more to the point that he can barely hit anything.

For the most part, yes. Ever since Melee, he's been a clone of Captain Falcon. They did better in Brawl but it was still painfully evident.

In Brawl, both he and Falcon were completely ruined by the game's slower speed and lack of combo ability. Ganon's moves were already weighty, but they were slowed down even more to the point that he can barely hit anything.

That too

Watch Da Birdie

...What is the shiny gold thing at the bottom between the Luma and Zelda?

The design looks a bit like the Goddess Cube Treasure Chests from Skyward Sword, but in those games it's mainly purple and not gold like that except for slim trimmings.

I think it might be some sort of Item Container though.

Top Bottom