• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Joestar confirmed for Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Branduil

Disappointed it's not the superior SS Zelda but I guess that was to be expected when they also stuck with the inferior Link.

Mariolee

screen-5.jpg

Fucking Donkey Kong

Unicorn

There HAS to be alt costumes now. I mean, why neglect the existence of Skyward Sword? There just HAS to be alts, especially with how bad Link looks this go-around.

that said, Zelda looks really really great.

That 3DS screenshot.

Wow. I love the way that looks a lot.

If Nintendo wants to make Majora's Mask with that heavy outline look on the 3DS.. I would very, very, very much for that.

Branduil

I can't believe people want SS Zelda/Link. They looked like pug nosed hobbits.

And don't post the artwork from the game, because we all know they don't like look that in the game itself. Plus, that Zelda doesn't have the same prowess that TP Zelda does.

Perfect Zelda is perfect.

SS Zelda has something more important than looks: a personality.

How was he bad in Brawl? Never played as him. Does he not fight true to the games or something?
Ganondorf was really clunky to play as. It was like moving a tank. Plus he's pretty close to Captain Falcon in similarity and with him being as bad as he is, it's just not worth playing as a semi-clone of Captain Falcon.

My hope is that Sakurai will change Ganondorf's move set to become more unique for the purpose of making him a better fighter. He's already changed up Bowser and Zelda, so I now expect the same out of Ganondorf. Not saying he'll be entirely unique, but I'd like for him to acquire some unique moves (and we don't even need the sword for that).

exfatal

Awesome like her design, gorgeous Zelda is gorgeous. I was hoping for Skyward sword Zelda but gotta admit that woulda be a bit weird considering she doesn't look a fighter or much of a magic user either, unlike this Zelda here

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Incoming fanart of JoJo Zelda with Darknut Stand.

I would say it's a new move.

Weird that we're not seeing Sheik at the same time though.

I certainly remember that they did same for revealing Sheik later in Brawl updates, so not really. Heck, in Brawl, they kinda treated Sheik like she was her own character despite being tethered to Zelda.

I'm really curious about that pic with the armor from ST.

...What is the shiny gold thing at the bottom between the Luma and Zelda?

The design looks a bit like the Goddess Cube Treasure Chests from Skyward Sword, but in those games it's mainly purple and not gold like that except for slim trimmings.

I think it might be some sort of Item Container though.

Pretty sure it's just the lightning making her dress look like that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still wish we'd got SS Link though with his acrobatic maneuvers, the beetle, and bomb rolling.

Fey

Banned
I would say it's a new move.

Weird that we're not seeing Sheik at the same time though.
We've never seen Zelda/Sheik revealed together though. :O

For melee, only Sheik was initially revealed to be playable, and for brawl, Sheik was one of the last announced veterans, while Zelda was one of the first.

I'm sure Sheik's coming eventually.

Anth0ny

Very awesome. I hope we see Sheik soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Happy they went with the Twilight Princess design. Zelda looking her best, imo. A Skyward Sword alternate costume would be sweet, though.

I'm indifferent about the chosen design, but she's a bit too pale. Link also never looked right from the beginning. His tunic is too washed-out and his face just looks strange. The actual artwork for both characters (and really all of them) look great, though.

Mariolee

Oh ok, I guess it's not weird that we're not seeing Sheik at the moment. Thanks guys. Don't know what I would do without you. Merry Christmas!

PowderedToast

I can't believe people want SS Zelda/Link. They looked like pug nosed hobbits.

And don't post the artwork from the game, because we all know they don't like look that in the game itself. Plus, that Zelda doesn't have the same prowess that TP Zelda does.

Perfect Zelda is perfect.

i've always thought that every new smash entry should represent the most recent incarnations of the characters. like an update on where each property is at and give more exposure to all their last titles (e.g. a casual picking up the new smash and becoming aware of skyward sword). obviously sakurai has moved away from that now which is a little disappointing.

PS_GUY

Eh. I never use her but I don't mind having her on the roster as well.

I want to know what the new comer Pokemon will be! Probably Mega Mewtwo or Mega Lucario?

Top Bottom