• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Joestar confirmed for Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Azure J

Who changed the thread title to the correct reference with the wrong character? We already got Jotaro, this is the Dio confirmation.

Lingitiz

Is anyone else just really bored with this lineup so far? We got a few surprises early on, but I feel like for months, it's been nothing but characters you could easily assume we're gonna be in it.
Probably going to be this way since they need the game out asap. I'm not expecting a ton of new characters.

nitjj24

SS Zelda's personality does not lend itself to a fighting game. A passive princess stuck in a temple does not make a good brawler.

TP Zelda is the most battle ready version of the character. (Unless you count Sheik) She also happens to have an amazing design. I'm not sure why this is shocking to some people, especially considering the version of Link we also have.

TP Zelda spent the majority of her game in her castle. SS Zelda spent the majority of her game in dungeons.

vall03

Is anyone else just really bored with this lineup so far? We got a few surprises early on, but I feel like for months, it's been nothing but characters you could easily assume we're gonna be in it.

Well, the announcements so far have coincided with game releases which is great for promotion too. Still disappointed with no new Pokemon though.

Astarte

Who changed the thread title to the correct reference with the wrong character? We already got Jotaro, this is the Dio confirmation.

screen-7.jpg

I don't know bro, with this I'd say it's a Killer Queen confirmation.

TP Zelda spent the majority of her game in her castle. SS Zelda spent the majority of her game in dungeons.
SS Zelda wasn't battling though those dungeons. TP Zelda was smiting things from her castle.

Let's be real here. The people that want SS Zelda want her because they like her design, which is fine, but don't try and play it like she has the chops to be a warrior. Or that TP Zelda is not the most obviously battle ready version of the character.

That's not even close to being the same. I liked SS Zelda a lot in terms of personality, but TP Zelda is more "combat ready" and is capable of using magic for attacking and defending. On top of that, she looks better fit to transform into Sheik than SS Zelda.

Ninjimbo

Does it really matter if a character is "combat ready"? Seriously.

People would actually get bothered if SS Zelda showed out and she started shooting light arrows or something?

Lotto

Wow, her design looks superb. I hope they be a little more creative with costumes and have it more than just a palette swap, would be nice.

Does it really matter if a character is "combat ready"? Seriously.

People would actually get bothered if SS Zelda showed out and she started shooting light arrows or something?
In characters that have multiple iterations, especially ones that have already been established in previous Smash games? Yes, of course there would be.

If they wanted to use SS Zelda, they'd need to retool the whole character. She'd look silly fighting like TP Zelda. And turning into Sheik? I don't see it at all.

Astarte

I am such a unwashed pleb when it comes to Jojo's. Season 3 hurry up already until I can read further.

Why not just read right now so you can have "aha" moments?

Between this and Rosalina, I hope Araki gets selected to be a secret guest character.

Village

In characters that have multiple iterations, especially ones that have already been established in previous Smash games? Yes, of course there would be.

If they wanted to use SS Zelda, they'd need to retool the whole character. She'd look silly fighting like TP Zelda. And turning into Sheik? I don't see it at all.

Zelda uses magic.

It would actually work better with that zelda. You wanna know a fighting style that would require the least combat readiness , magic.

and they would have to create a new , more moe sheik for that zelda.

Mariolee

What is even going on anymore? Smash threads always take only an hour before they get really weird and off up into its own ass. But I love it.

Maybe Impa will be her own character with Shiek's moves. Wouldn't that be neat?

I'm hoping this will be the case so that each character can be given their own Down B moves. Character swapping can be a cool mechanic if done right, but Zelda/Shiek never felt super synergetic. Yes, their play styles complimented one another in that they fulfilled opposite gameplay niches, but it never felt like their gameplay depended on swapping between the two beyond flavor. (In fact, Brawl made it feel more frustrating given the long and variable times it took to swap.)

Plus, this would give Skyward Sword some nice representation.

Or use Impa.

Having a personal preference is ok, but there's nothing at all preventing SS Zelda from doing the same things TP Zelda was doing. TP Zelda never even did anything she uses in her Brawl moveset in her own game besides the Light Arrows, hell, not even OoT Zelda's Melee moveset had anything to do with what she did in the game.

Wow. Totally expected reveal (don't get me wrong I'm glad we were right)

The lack of Sheik and that one screenshot has REALLY gotten me curious what's going on. I'm sure Sheik will be in the game in some way. Either SS Impa will take over and/or there'll be a classic Zelda/Sheik as an unlockable.

Like some have said, I miss blonde Zelda. I just hope there's a blonde/ss/oot Zelda alt that looks better than the ugly one in Brawl.

Village

Or use Impa.

That would be great If I didn't like Like sheik Several times more than Impa.

So lets keep it sheik

Moe shiek

However It does not matter because the dream is dead, they used TP.

Wow. Totally expected reveal (don't get me wrong I'm glad we were right)

The lack of Sheik and that one screenshot has REALLY gotten me curious what's going on. I'm sure Sheik will be in the game in some way. Either SS Impa will take over and/or there'll be a classic Zelda/Sheik as an unlockable.

Like some have said, I miss blonde Zelda. I just hope there's a blonde/ss/oot Zelda alt that looks better than the ugly one in Brawl.

Apparently shiek and Zelda are treated as separate characters. She was revealed way later for brawl. So its not that exciting sorry.

Zelda uses magic.

It would actually work better with that zelda. You wanna know a fighting style that would require the least combat readiness , magic.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. Smash Zelda blends physical fighting with magic. TP Zelda does the same. SS Zelda does not.

Slapping the SS Zelda with the TW Zelda moveset would be a disservice to both characters. It doesn't fit.

Lunar15

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Smash Zelda blends physical fighting with magic. TP Zelda does the same. SS Zelda does not.

Slapping the SS Zelda with the TW Zelda moveset would be a disservice to both characters. It doesn't fit.

The whole conversation is silly, but there's also OOT Zelda, who was in Melee.

Clefargle

Or use Impa.

Having a personal preference is ok, but there's nothing at all preventing SS Zelda from doing the same things TP Zelda was doing. TP Zelda never even did anything she uses in her Brawl moveset in her own game besides the Light Arrows, hell, not even OoT Zelda's Melee moveset had anything to do with what she did in the game.

Yeah, use SS impa. What a true hardass

Beth Cyra

Or use Impa.

I agree this is true.

However when we look at how Twilight Princess reviewed, and how it fucking crushed SS in sales, and on top of all that they used TP Link in this game, as well as the Tech demo it was always going to be TP Zelda.

Toon Zelda and SS Zelda are linked to the two lowest 3D selling games in the franchise and so long as that is true it makes perfect sense they would use TP Link/Zelda over them. They didn't just randomly choose TP Link and senario for the Tech Demo despite SS launching.

If people wanted a Blond Zelda/SS the most they were looking for was OOT Zelda or an Alt.

Top Bottom