• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda *New* 3DS XL back in stock @ GameStop on Wednesday 3/25

Redd

Glad Nintendo restocked the Zelda LE new 3ds. Finally got one at msrp.

Btw if anyone is in the 757 area there seem to be plenty around and my closest GameStop got them in stock at noon.

Don't think this is restock tbh , its from the port strike , they were just sitting in a crate

But it really boggles my mind how Nintendo can't have these systems x amiibos on their site for sale

There's a GS literally just up the block from my apartment building, but I couldn't be there at 10AM because of work. by the time I left for my lunch break just under two hours later, they were sold out.

I'm definitely willing to just get the WIS bundle, because I don't have any of the games included and I planned on getting them anyway, but I won't be able to go there until work ends, which won't be until like 2.5 hours later. I'm hoping the bundle isn't sold out by then, but I don't have particularly high expectations.

Spoke to a guy at Gamestop and he said he hadn't heard anything about it. He calls me back 10 mins later saying they just got a shipment in and they can't hold any so to get down there asap. I go there only to find out I spoke to a guy from the other Gamestop further from where I live and that just happens to be on the other side of town. The guy at the Gamestop I went to says they hadn't heard about getting any either but, that he will check the shipment they just got. 10 mins later I am walking out minus one Red 3DS XL but, plus one MM N3DS XL. I was so happy I forgot that I still needed a 32gb micro sd card but, I am fine with waiting to transfer from my current 3DS to this gorgeous machine for a little while.

Okay, I got to work so here is my story:

I'm in Austin, TX. I called tons of stores yesterday (we have a TON of GameStops here), and I got all sorts of crazy answers. Everything from what are you talking about to they will be here sometime between open and close.

Woke up at about 9:50am, called a few stores, got some REALLY rude people on the phone, one told me that I couldn't hang out at the store waiting for one to arrive because if I was in the store for more than 10 mins and didn't buy anything he would force me to leave. LOL. So yeah I skipped that store.

Found a store that had a really nice guy on the phone so I went there. Ended up going to the wrong store first and the guy there told me that all their units were reserved. LOL.

Finally made it to the correct store at about 10:55am. There was only 1 person there ahead of me and he got there at 6:30am. Another guy showed up 15 mins after me and a lady showed up a few mins after him. At about 11:20 the UPS shipment comes in and the clerk opens the box to find...... THREE MM n3DS XLs and ONE red n3DS XL. The guy had this super confused look on his face with the red one lol. He asked the lady (the 4th person there) if she wanted the red one. She got this disgusted look on her face and said "ewww no!" LOL.

Anyways I was able to buy mine and I was only there for about 25 mins or so. Totally worth it. I think I got pretty damn lucky all things considered. Tested out the unit for a few mins in the car, looks good (though I couldn't really do much in depth testing, basically just initial system setup). Have to wait until I get home tonight to do a system transfer. Then I'm selling my Red n3DS XL!

I'm thrilled to have been lucky enough to score one of these. Good luck to those still trying!

edit - and FYI, stores in Austin are still showing as having stock. you should call first of course: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=108837

double edit - well, 2 stores anyway

How do you check the stock?

OmegaFax

One GameStop I went to, the clerk said there were four in the shipment and one was paid for in full and reserved. I just said, "cool, how do I do this?" and I got a few different explanations and none of them made sense. He said that the person who pre-ordered was on vacation the week the original system came out and that they kept his money and purchased it for him today. I've never heard of a GameStop doing this ... least it not being policy to hold items and buying them for themselves. Thought this was against their policy.

spookyfish

Well scalpers are to busy selling then, than posting them on neogaf. I'm sure plenty of scalpers got one, especially since there was plenty of notice.

Possibly -- but some of the more serious scalpers already have their money tied up in the ones they've already bought.

Also, more product like this means they'll have to (eventually) lower their prices.

joeposh

Possibly -- but some of the more serious scalpers already have their money tied up in the ones they've already bought.

Also, more product like this means they'll have to (eventually) lower their prices.

There was a big thread on slickdeals about it, with many flaunting their ability to talk a clerk into holding one for them at multiple stores. Hopefully that was fairly isolated and didn't impact too many people who honestly want the system.

Got to a store in LA as it opened and they hadn't received their shipment yet.
They said I could wait but UPS gets there anywhere from 11am to 1pm, unfortunately I had to go to work.

I'll have to keep refreshing that store locator page now.

spookyfish

There was a big thread on slickdeals about it, with many flaunting their ability to talk a clerk into holding one for them at multiple stores. Hopefully that was fairly isolated and didn't impact too many people who honestly want the system.

Ugh. Slickdeals.

Some member lamenting that Target "only" okayed 17 of his 27 orders for MM N3DS when it went on sale Feb. 13, while Target sent me the "sorry -- we couldn't fulfill your ONE order."

I was pretty rage-filled (both at the scalper and Target) with that. I kept emailing Target and asking why they would okay an order of 17, and cancel single orders. Never really got much of an answer, although I kept trying.

mission complete! good luck to everyone that's trying to get this!

ryCsp4b.jpg

Paltheos

I was not so lucky. I got a time range for arrival from one clerk yesterday, but I left for my lunch today too late. I tried two other stores but SOL, and I didn't have the time to try any others (not that my luck would have been better I think - I live on Long Island).

Two clerks tried telling me of the $300+ pack web order at 3 o'clock, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to go for them. I just want the 3DS. Oh well, a little disappointed but it's no big loss.

Before my trip to Fry's, I stopped in at a GS around the corner and the UPS guy just left the store. I walked in and only one customer at the counter and no one else around, he wasn't getting a 3DS! I thought this was it.

I asked the clerk about the systems expecting to be greeted with "yeah, shipment just came in, let me process it", but instead he had said that 4 other people had called and put it on hold and they had none.

I was mad at that point, but what are you going to do. Luckily my trip to Fry's paid off!

Before my trip to Fry's, I stopped in at a GS around the corner and the UPS guy just left the store. I walked in and only one customer at the counter and no one else around, he wasn't getting a 3DS! I thought this was it.

I asked the clerk about the systems expecting to be greeted with "yeah, shipment just came in, let me process it", but instead he had said that 4 other people had called and put it on hold and they had none.

I was mad at that point, but what are you going to do. Luckily my trip to Fry's paid off!

Shouldn't be putting those things on hold. The one I called said as much and I agreed with the concept. That 15 minute walk cost me!

Here's my humble story:

Got an order through on Target the first day they went online. Order was cancelled later that day. Scalpers -_-

Been vigilant in checking store pages to see if they ever went back in stock. No dice.

Heard about this yesterday, called up all 8 gamestops that were reasonably on my way home from work. Some places had them already but couldn't sell until tomorrow, others had no idea what I was talking about.

Stopped by the GS right by my house since they wouldn't answer the phone. The guy there was super helpful, even gave me his personal cell number to call this morning and bug him, but I work a half hour away, so that wasn't going to help me, unfortunately. (Maybe he just wanted some D)

There's a GS two minutes away from my work in Detroit. Started calling them at like 945 this morning. They hadn't gotten their shipment in yet, but the guy said they usually get their packages around noon, told me to call back then. Instead I started calling basically every 20 minutes until noon. The boxes finally came in, he hadn't opened them when I called and I left right after I hung up. 5 minutes later I was in the store and 3/4 were already gone! Snagged mine up, grabbed the game, and I was out the door. Happy as a fucking clam, you guys.

Can´t blame them, they keep on getting more expensive on ebay. .

Not really, the cost on eBay was 400+ at launch and has gone down to about 300-350 now from looking at sold auctions now.

Although, this could create a new thirst that drives prices back up as these additional quanities will be very limited.

spookyfish

Here's my humble story:

Got an order through on Target the first day they went online. Order was cancelled later that day. Scalpers -_-

Been vigilant in checking store pages to see if they ever went back in stock. No dice.

Heard about this yesterday, called up all 8 gamestops that were reasonably on my way home from work. Some places had them already but couldn't sell until tomorrow, others had no idea what I was talking about.

Stopped by the GS right by my house since they wouldn't answer the phone. The guy there was super helpful, even gave me his personal cell number to call this morning and bug him, but I work a half hour away, so that wasn't going to help me, unfortunately. (Maybe he just wanted some D)

There's a GS two minutes away from my work in Detroit. Started calling them at like 945 this morning. They hadn't gotten their shipment in yet, but the guy said they usually get their packages around noon, told me to call back then. Instead I started calling basically every 20 minutes until noon. The boxes finally came in, he hadn't opened them when I called and I left right after I hung up. 5 minutes later I was in the store and 3/4 were already gone! Snagged mine up, grabbed the game, and I was out the door. Happy as a fucking clam, you guys.

Got my preorder into Best Buy within 30 minutes of its going live. Cancelled the next day because they wouldn't be able to fulfill preorders.

Ordered one from Target on the 13th, and saw that there was just the system on GameStop. I didn't order from GS, because -- Hey! -- I got one from Target. They cancelled my order later that day.

I finally ended up buying the 4-amiibo, LE game, LE guide bundle from GameStop. I've been able to sell everything but the system for MSRP, so in reality I only paid MSRP for the system, which is what I wanted in the first place.

Stylo

I went to Gamestop a little less than 20 minutes after it opened to see 4 people already standing and have the cashier give me a super long winded round-about explanation when all he needed to say was "We're sold out". The first thing that came to mind was "Seriously? Fuck you Nintendo" Now I feel like making a Twitter trend just to make noise and hopefully it catches on so Nintendo notices.

Woohoo! Got one right before I went to work. I'm in Charleston, SC. when I left my local GS, they had one left. I didn't check the other stores so definitely give it a shot

Good luck SCGAF :)

I went to Gamestop a little less than 20 minutes after it opened to see 4 people already standing and have the cashier give me a super long winded round-about explanation when all he needed to say was "We're sold out". The first thing that came to mind was "Seriously? Fuck you Nintendo" Now I feel like making a Twitter trend just to make noise and hopefully it catches on so Nintendo notices.

Nintendo puts the "limited" in "Limited Edition"

Vooduu

A GameStop had one left near my University. God must've been smiling on me because I was on break and the guy agreed to hold it since I was coming immediately.

Thank you OP for the heads-up.

Well I had to end up getting the Game Bundle with system.

So there are 3 games + a guide for MM that I need to return after my system arrives next week. But at least I got my system and while the cost hurts, ($351.40 after tax) I got the system at least and can return the other stuff for $150 back.

//ARCANUM

So there are 3 games + a guide for MM that I need to return after my system arrives next week. But at least I got my system and while the cost hurts, ($351.40 after tax) I got the system at least and can return the other stuff for $150 back.

FYI, depending on how the bundle is listed on the order/receipt, you might not be able to return only some of it. If it is broken down by item then you can return individual items, if its listed as a bundle its all or nothing. :/

Not really, the cost on eBay was 400+ at launch and has gone down to about 300-350 now from looking at sold auctions now.

Although, this could create a new thirst that drives prices back up as these additional quanities will be very limited.

I looked as well and prices only went down recently with news of the new shipments. They were going for 400+ a week ago and will likely to return to that price once the secondhand market becomes less saturated again.

joeposh

My understanding is that you can't return the digital components, so you'd be stuck with A Link Between Worlds and the Strategy Guide (or at least have to flip them for less money).

Top Bottom