• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Skyward Sword coming November 18th (EU) 20th (US)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Is anybody else getting this game, just because it's a Zelda game? I mean the hype has died down so much since the unveiling of the art, and it seems its successor on the WiiU has already caught fire, in terms of popularity, that is.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Caramello said:
It's ridiculous that this game took 5 years to be released. Nintendo better sort their shit out next gen.

Also add me to the Zelda: SS is the first game on Wii that I buy this year club..

...not counting VC games I'm actually the same.
KuGsj.gif

Wow that's pathetic. :(

Although, Kirby Wii looks pretty great... when does that hit?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kusagari said:
Why does NoA love releasing games on Sunday?

Better than tuesday at least! Most people dont work during the weekend. Sorry if you're not one of them.

rhino4evr

SMT said:
Is anybody else getting this game, just because it's a Zelda game? I mean the hype has died down so much since the unveiling of the art, and it seems its successor on the WiiU has already caught fire, in terms of popularity, that is.
I guess you missed the E3 thread?

Any word if this will include a wii+? I guess I need to finally buy one...

Kusagari

Bisnic said:
Better than tuesday at least! Most people dont work during the weekend. Sorry if you're not one of them.

I hate the fact that it screws up being able to get it on release day from Amazon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kusagari said:
I hate the fact that it screws up being able to get it on release day from Amazon.

Buy it from the local store then, or are you living somewhere that makes Amazon much more simplier?

[Nintex]

Andrex said:
...not counting VC games I'm actually the same.
KuGsj.gif

Wow that's pathetic. :(

Although, Kirby Wii looks pretty great... when does that hit?
Kirby Wii is slated for December in Europe I think. Remember when Iwata said that Zelda would certainly be released in 2010 and Kirby Wii was a 'summer title'? lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
[Nintex] said:
Kirby Wii is slated for December in Europe I think. Remember when Iwata said that Zelda would certainly be released in 2010 and Kirby Wii was a 'summer title'? lol

No? Links?

Thankfully I haven't overloaded on SS media or timeline bullshit, otherwise I'd be so ready my body couldn't handle it. Time to head to my cryostasis chamber! Wake me...when you need me.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
rhino4evr said:
I guess you missed the E3 thread?

Any word if this will include a wii+? I guess I need to finally buy one...

Hey rhinoevr, I meant among the gaming community in my city, there is not even a Zelda pre-order poster in sight amidst all the retailers, it seems Nintendo has given up on PR.

Or as of late commence only advertising 3 months prior to release?

You'd think Zelda would warrant an exception to this new rule.

ConradCervantes said:
Thankfully I haven't overloaded on SS media or timeline bullshit, otherwise I'd be so ready my body couldn't handle it. Time to head to my cryostasis chamber! Wake me...when you need me.

I think I remember Aonuma stating that this game comes before Ocarina of Time.

Wilsongt

Oh look, now that "is your wallet going to cry in November?" topic is now applicable to me.

Though, I am still not sure if I will buy it... Maybe I'll just import from Europe. =P

gdt

Bisnic said:
Buy it from the local store then, or are you living somewhere that makes Amazon much more simplier?

I'll always go Amazon. No tax+credit (hopefully). Realeasing on Sunday kind of fucks up my Amazon purchase. Hopefully Amazon offers no incentives, so I can just pick it up retail.

I remember during the OOT 3D launch people complaining about the Sunday releases due to all the shops near them being shut on that day (I don't remember the name given to this practice).

SMT said:
Is anybody else getting this game, just because it's a Zelda game?
Yes. After TP and particularly the Sprit Tracks hype train (huh huh) I'm trying to go in blind. But as for technical demos being more revered than the actual product...Gamecube tech demo of Link and Ganon shows that.

Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Saints Row 3, Halo Anniversary, MGS HD collection, Modern Warfare 3, Ultiamte MVC3, Rayman Origins, Super Mario 3D Land and now Zelda.

Has there ever been a better month in video games? It does however bring lots of problems, like where am I going to get the money and time for them all?

Boogybro

Sweet Jesus, November is stacked.

And because of that, I kind of worry about the games sales performance. OH WELL... Didn't hurt for NSMBWii I guess.

SMT

Starwolf_UK said:
I remember during the OOT 3D launch people complaining about the Sunday releases due to all the shops near them being shut on that day (I don't remember the name given to this practice).

Yes. After TP and particularly the Sprit Tracks hype train (huh huh) I'm trying to go in blind. But as for technical demos being more revered than the actual product...Gamecube tech demo of Link and Ganon shows that.

I'm going in blind as well, my expectations for this game are somewhere between Tingle's Rupeeland Adventure and Twilight Princess.

Aim low to score high I guess. lol

hetchi

Bisnic said:
My first Wii title in 2011 will come out in november, how great is that?

;_;

My first Wii title was Twilight Princess (got the Wii two weeks ago!), Skyward Sword will be my second

=)

Myriadis

SMT said:
Or as of late commence only advertising 3 months prior to release?

You'd think Zelda would warrant an exception to this new rule.
Twilight Princess is one of the reasons this rule exists.Extremely overhyped and it took way longer than excepted.

SMT

Myriadis said:
Twilight Princess is one of the reasons this rule exists. Extremely overhyped and it took way longer than excepted.
No doubt Myriadis, this isn't the first time Nintendo has shot itself in the foot now, is it?

Fuckin' heck, think back to the days of the SNES when us Europeans would have to wait 'bout half a year to get games.

NoE has gone full beast mode as of late.

Ooccoo

I wish SS would allow us to play without the Wii Motion Plus. I don't know you but I have a hard time playing with this controller for more than a hour. I can't imagine how it will be with this game. I don't really care about aiming and waggling :(

Alrus

Ooccoo said:
I wish SS would allow us to play without the Wii Motion Plus. I don't know you but I have a hard time playing with this controller for more than a hour. I can't imagine how it will be with this game. I don't really care about aiming and waggling :(

But there's no "waggling" in Zelda SS :/

PooBone

Any idea if this is gonna come w/ a Wii Motion Plus? I'm probably gonna pass up buying this game and just rent it because as soon as I finish it I'm selling/trading in my Wii.

Looks like the Wii Motion Plus unit is pretty cheap, $8 on Amazon.

Gino

YES! only a few months and I'm gonna be slicing up all kinds of shit.

I get excited for every Zelda, but this one seems different and special compared to the last few.

DaBuddaDa

I find it really strange that Nintendo announces the US release date at a trade show in Europe instead of at E3 or some other, later US conference.

apana

This is gonna be GOTY already confirmed. I've been waiting so long for this, I'm gonna set aside a lot of time for this game.

Top Bottom