• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Holy shit, I actually guessed right who was on Tenmyouji's picture :p
The moment I saw that he had a picture, I knew it had to be someone from the 999 cast, so I thought it would probably be Akane or Jumpei. Now I'm thinking Tenmyouji might be jumpei from the future or something, since he has been looking for her and Quark says it's his first love... Come to think of it, that old woman that got stabbed could be an old Akane :p Tenmyouji acted awfully suspicious during that scene.

Javier

So I went past the
Crew Quarters
and played all the way to
Alice's
ending. I'll post my opinions on it later.

Now I went back to the flowchart and
chose "Betray" when I originally chose "Ally"

What played after that... holy shit what the fuck.

Oh, and they actually mentioned The Prisoner's Dilemma. I FUCKING KNEW IT.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Heading down the true ending and WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ASLKFJLKSADJFSDFJ.

I am currently stuck though, but obviously extremely spoiler heavy:
I got END or BEGINNING with Akane in the past and another while playing as Kyle and don't see any more paths. It seems I should have one back at the Mars mission but I don't. Do I need all the gold files or something? I'm missing one, which is the only thing I can think of.

FSLink

Banned
Heading down the true ending and WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ASLKFJLKSADJFSDFJ.

I got END or BEGINNING with Akane in the past and another while playing as Kyle and don't see any more paths. It seems I should have one back at the Mars mission but I don't. Do I need all the gold files or something? I'm missing one, which is the only thing I can think of.
End game spoilers:
Ahahahaha.
Have fun waiting for Zero Escape 3 with the rest of us!

Sorry to break it to you, but Mars mission test site will Zero Escape Volume 3!!!!
To be continued!

Nope, that's all she wrote. You are officially done with the game. It seems they were setting up the plot for part 3 with that last bit. Anywho, come join us in the spoiler thread and have a nice trap.

tanuki

So err, I'm near the end and I'm a bit stuck...
I got the ID and password for the Director's office computer from the Quark ending, KURASHIKI and JUMPYDOLL but when I input them into the computer, I get an error... I've finished all the other routes except the far right one which is on a To Be Continued... what's going on? I hope my game isn't bugged...

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out. Silly me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So err, I'm near the end and I'm a bit stuck...
I got the ID and password for the Director's office computer from the Quark ending, KURASHIKI and JUMPYDOLL but when I input them into the computer, I get an error... I've finished all the other routes except the far right one which is on a To Be Continued... what's going on? I hope my game isn't bugged...

Are you currently on the left most route?

atomsk

Party Pooper
20 hours in and I just realize pressing A on the Flow chart lets me jump around (instead of having to FF from the beginning every time)

Well shit

Trigger

I figured that out the third time I hit the end of a story route. Unfortunately, I have bad habit of hitting "return" whenever I get an ending, forcing me to rewatch the opening several times.

Pantry is the best escape track for sure.

Crew Quarters >>>> everything else.

GlassBox

Banned
Finished the flow chart behind the red door. Got two To Be Continued, two Game Overs (Luna and K, similar outcome) and one character ending (Dio). I guess I haven't gotten to the wtf stuff yet because it seems pretty straightforward up until now.

Old Lady was killed by Dio who took her place to do something that is unknown. Alice and Luna's killer/s are still unknown. Quark is having unknown issues, but his disappearance is because he was put in a treatment pod. K is a new type of human, possibly.

Time to keep going.

Trigger

So I beat the game.

I just......

What? What?

I'm going to beat all the rooms on Hard now (could only manage to do about six without jumping to easy) and then mosey on over to the spoiler thread.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey everybody,

I know the Vita version is considered the better version and that there are crash/save bugs in the 3DS version. Having said that, could anyone give me a rundown of how the versions differ? Can anyone speak to whether or not the 3DS version has any advantages by virtue of the dual screen -- presumably features that would be on the bottom screen on the 3DS are tucked in a menu on the Vita version? Can someone, without spoiling anything, outline what the crash bugs are / how easy they are to avoid?

(I own a 3DS, I probably won't have a Vita until mid next year, and I'm trying to decide whether to wait until I get one to buy this game versus buying now)

Hey everybody,

I know the Vita version is considered the better version and that there are crash/save bugs in the 3DS version. Having said that, could anyone give me a rundown of how the versions differ? Can anyone speak to whether or not the 3DS version has any advantages by virtue of the dual screen -- presumably features that would be on the bottom screen on the 3DS are tucked in a menu on the Vita version? Can someone, without spoiling anything, outline what the crash bugs are / how easy they are to avoid?

(I own a 3DS, I probably won't have a Vita until mid next year, and I'm trying to decide whether to wait until I get one to buy this game versus buying now)

Well, 3DS version plays better, thanks to the dual screen, but also the stylus. IMO, the controls on Vita version feels weird. This console isnt made to play touch games. Also, the Vita version has sharper graphics and slightly better sound quality. From what I've heard, to avoid bugs, save during novel sections, not escape one. In conclusion, I wouldn't say Vita version is superior, neither 3DS one. They both have pros and cons. Vita has comestics pros, 3DS has gameplay pros.

Hey everybody,

I can't really speak much to the differences between the two versions, as I only own a 3DS. As far as the crashes go, from the sound of things, pretty much all of the issues are located in a couple of the puzzle rooms. It's advised to not save in any puzzle rooms, as that seems to be the basis for the bugs which ruin saves, although it's still possible to encounter other bugs that won't wreck your save.

I played through the game to completion on the 3DS and never had any crashes (I also never saved in puzzle rooms), so as long as you're careful, they seem fairly easy to avoid.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks guys. If it's as simple as "don't save during escape sequences", I'm good. I can still put the 3DS to sleep during escape sequences, right?

Omikaru

I'll echo most of the sentiments from the others, though I'd say that controls are player preference (personally I think the Vita controls are fine, and no better/worse than the stylus on 3DS would be), but the Vita definitely has the better visuals. Where the 3DS has the advantage is, as you said, nothing is tucked away in menus. Most of the UI is pretty straightforward on both systems, but there's a row of icons on the 3DS's bottom screen that are in a menu on the Vita. It's a minor thing, really, and you don't use it often, but still the 3DS has the edge there. Also, if you use the note function a lot, writing with the stylus is the winner. However, the Vita's OS-level screenshot function is very helpful in parts of the game, which was a big plus for me.

I'd say Vita is the best on the virtue of its visuals (they really are stunningly sharp, and seeing VLR's level of AA on a handheld is great), but it's not "wait for six months until I get the system" better, and so long as you're aware of the save game bugs that the 3DS version has then it's a perfectly good version of the game to get.

Enjoy!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Vita version controls are just as good as 3DS if you get a capacitive stylus though. Other than not having the save bug and sharper graphics, the other minor differences are

- Higher quality audio / uncompressed video
- 3 save slots instead of 1
- 3 ink colors for taking notes instead of 1
- Ability to take screenshots (OS level function)
- Ability to skip the credits after viewing them once
- No framerate drops when turning/moving around certain escape rooms
- No text glitches (3DS has an informational file that has text running off the screen)

If you can avoid the save glitch you won't enjoy the game any less on 3DS, but if you have or are planning to own both consoles I would go with the Vita version every time

Thanks guys. If it's as simple as "don't save during escape sequences", I'm good. I can still put the 3DS to sleep during escape sequences, right?

well if you have the option for vita version, get that.

I've had hard locks in the game and lost hours of progression 4 times in my playthrough.

ymmv naturally. But the visuals/ framerate/ transition loading is way better on vita.

A lot of little bugs in 3ds one like text cut off screen, and menus covering important info etc.

Trigger

Vita version controls are just as good as 3DS if you get a capacitive stylus though. Other than not having the save bug and sharper graphics, the other minor differences are

- Higher quality audio / uncompressed video
- 3 save slots instead of 1
- 3 ink colors for taking notes instead of 1
- Ability to take screenshots (OS level function)
- Ability to skip the credits after viewing them once
- No framerate drops when turning/moving around certain escape rooms
- No text glitches (3DS has an informational file that has text running off the screen)

If you can avoid the save glitch you won't enjoy the game any less on 3DS, but if you have or are planning to own both consoles I would go with the Vita version every time

3DS players don't have that? Bless them for their patience. I skipped the credits everytime it popped up.

Top Bottom