• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma: first trailer released [3DS and Vita 6/28, Steam TBA]

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I just replayed VLR on Vita. My initial playthrough all those years ago was on 3DS. I don't remember the performance on 3DS, but I really hope the game runs better than what feels like 15-20 fps all the time. Navigating the menus were a nuisance.

redhood56

Banned
I think Uchi
confirmed that we will see/hear his name and we will find out more about him but we won't see him.
Yeah he said that, which I also believe will be true for
All-Ice
since VLR and possible ZTD spoilers
Uchikoshi said that all the VLR Mysteries will be solved. In the epilogue, Alice and clover goes back, but we don't know how. Some theorized that Alice came back through All-Ice

Hylian7

Yeah he said that, which I also believe will be true for
All-Ice
since VLR and possible ZTD spoilers
Uchikoshi said that all the VLR Mysteries will be solved. In the epilogue, Alice and clover goes back, but we don't know how. Some theorized that Alice came back through All-Ice
Spoilers for both games:

Honestly I think the answer behind All-Ice isn't exciting as people think it is. My guess was she was probably on the original ship and either sank with it during the first nonary game, or was moved off of it at some point before Cradle got a hold of it. Even after Hongou was captured, he didn't act like he knew anything.

In the FAQ for 999, didn't he say that Alice appearing at the end was kind of a comic relief thing, and was basically a coincidence that she showed up in the desert like that with the mystery of All-Ice afoot.

grim-tales

Hey

Thinking of doing a quick (?) playthrough of 999/VLR before ZTD comes along but have forgotten a lot of things, which endings should I go for in both games to get the most impact?

Hey

Thinking of doing a quick (?) playthrough of 999/VLR before ZTD comes along but have forgotten a lot of things, which endings should I go for in both games to get the most impact?

We're gonna be replaying them together in a GAF plays that I'll post around the end of May, but if you wanna start now:

999 - Safe, True, maybe Sub, maybe maybe Axe (Depends on how much character stuff you want.)
VLR - All of 'em

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I keep thinking the Tenmyouji ending was the Quark ending. The Quark ending was kind of forgettable since most stuff about Quark is covered in Tenmyouji's ending.

Quark himself was completely forgettable.

Eh, the Quark ending is skippable in VLR.

You finally get to see Alice stab herself on screen, you find out root beer is super rare and expensive, which is a hint that something is off about time/Earth, you can find Akane's ID card which confirms that the old woman is Akane, though many people probably guessed after Tenmyouji gave his hints.

There's some decent stuff in there. :p

grim-tales

We're gonna be replaying them together in a GAF plays that I'll post around the end of May, but if you wanna start now:

999 - Safe, True, maybe Sub, maybe maybe Axe (Depends on how much character stuff you want.)
VLR - All of 'em

I may do some of 999 now since I dont want to replay them that close together but a group playthrough sounds a cool idea! :D

That reminds me, talking of endings, I wonder how many ZTD will have, probably at least 9 main ones I guess, maybe more

GaimeGuy

I am already on my 999 playthrough

The order of the playthroughs I'm doing is:
4 7 6 - knife
5 3 2 - sub
4 8 1 - Axe

5 8 6 - Safe
4 7 1 - True

I just got through the operating room in my knife run

I'm not going to plan the order or anyting for VLR. I'm just going to play through it all. Although I guess This post shows some of the order I did in my original playthrough.

GSR

I may do some of 999 now since I dont want to replay them that close together but a group playthrough sounds a cool idea! :D

That reminds me, talking of endings, I wonder how many ZTD will have, probably at least 9 main ones I guess, maybe more

IIRC there was an interview with Uchikoshi where he said there are
_7_
named endings in ZTD plus a bunch of fail states. But they also keep pushing the whole idea of "what is an ending".

GaimeGuy

What was your favorite?
Besides the True of course ;)

A little off topic but has anyone translated the subtitles in the Japanese screenshots that were released?

The Dio ending truly mindfucked me since it was the first non game over/to be continued ending I got, and it's a huge info dump.

From my post summarizing the endings I got and some of my reactions:
me said:
1st ending: Tenmyouji game over 1
2nd: Crew Quarters (Lock 02) - To be continued
3rd: Luna (Game Over 1)
4th: Dio (Game Over)
5th: Dio (End) <------ WHAT IS GOING ON

The Dio ending truly mindfucked me since it was the first non game over/to be continued ending I got, and it's a huge info dump.

From my post summarizing the endings I got and some of my reactions:
I wish I could remember what endings I got. I only remember my 999 playthrough. :(
I do remember the first ending I got was a bad one though, because I'm susceptible to those it seems haha.
I'm gonna keep track of my ZTD playthrough though!

Luna
she deserves better damn it
i dont care how much we have to fuck with the timeline
she deserves better
I agree, she's a great character! Maybe
Diana will be better? Wait...is that even possible!? Probably not...

i hope we get to
completely rid the world of Free The Soul
just because their horrible assholes that deserve it though
if one of the participants is Brother, we just cut off the head of the organization

grim-tales

in
Dio's ending
in VLR I think I
figured they might be in a space station/simulator or something like that.. not far off

GaimeGuy

I am replaying 999, on my second playthrough, just went through the #3 door.

Just realized: Junpei's plan to go through the #3 door is much more cunning than the game lets on.

So, he has himself, Akane, and Seven authenticate, then pits Santa against the duo of Lotus and Clover.

5+6+7 = 18. 1+8 = 9. If Santa is with them, he has to be left behind at the #9 door anyways, the only option is Junpei + Akane + Seven. If Lotus and Clover are with them, the options for the #9 door are: 1. Junpei + Akane + Seven. 2. Akane + Lotus + Clover. Akane always survives, and there is no way Seven can't power his way to survival.

The whole plan was basically to pit clover+lotus against santa for the #3 door, and ditch the winners at the #9 door, or make a "noble" sacrifice and let the women survive at the end, if Seven was reluctant.

I am replaying 999, on my second playthrough, just went through the #3 door.

Just realized: Junpei's plan to go through the #3 door is much more cunning than the game lets on.

So, he has himself, Akane, and Seven authenticate, then pits Santa against the duo of Lotus and Clover.

5+6+7 = 18. 1+8 = 9. If Santa is with them, he has to be left behind at the #9 door anyways, the only option is Junpei + Akane + Seven. If Lotus and Clover are with them, the options for the #9 door are: 1. Junpei + Akane + Seven. 2. Akane + Lotus + Clover. Akane always survives, no way Seven isn't able to overpower his way to survival.

The whole plan was basically to pit clover+lotus against santa for the #3 door, and ditch the winners at the #9 door. Seven, Akane, and Junpei were the chosen survivors. Junpei you bastard.

I love shit like this. Still mindblowing shit after all that time.

redhood56

Banned
Is this the first screen of a puzzle room we have gotten? Also I would be surprised to see if the subtitles looked that ass in the final game. There is still optimization time.

Man those screenshots are not doing the game any favors. So glad I'm getting the Vita version.

Vita here too...hoping this will be PSTV compatible. VLR was so this should be too (a person from Aksys told me it should be), I'd hate to go back to the small screen, especially if those subtitles are the final product. I rely on them a lot and I can barely see the ones in the screenshot with Akane.

Oh god @ those screenshots. I don't think VLR looked that bad did it? Hopefully theyre just low res screens.

Also, my interview with SCRAP about the Real Zero Escape escape room is up here. Take a look, let me know what you think.

Nice, this makes me even more excited to go in... Holy crap, 2 weeks. I gotta pack.
Anyway, seeing this talking about spoilers, what would you imagine is "ok" to talk about after we've been through these? I don't wanna ruin anything.

Jintor

so i just heard there's actually an extra ending in the iOS version of 999

You try and follow Clover when she runs off when you go through door 3 or something and she stabs you with a syringe and you drown

lol

I think this is because otherwise it just routes you back onto the sub ending and you have to go through a bunch of crap just to sub again, so they might as well end it early

so i just heard there's actually an extra ending in the iOS version of 999

You try and follow Clover when she runs off when you go through door 3 or something and she stabs you with a syringe and you drown

lol

I think this is because otherwise it just routes you back onto the sub ending and you have to go through a bunch of crap just to sub again, so they might as well end it early
Yup. Syringe ending is just as useless as Knife.

mStudios

WHAT DOES THIS MEANS????!?1?

UAbVWKh.png

I can live with the 3ds version, as long as it has no bugs like VLR. I didn't run into any major ones on my playthrough but it was a tense time in the questionable room.

Top Bottom