• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma: first trailer released [3DS and Vita 6/28, Steam TBA]

If there is one franchise in the world whose graphics I Don't care about, it is this one. I'm surprised at how many people do.

Well for visual novels (or tellate-esque adventure games if you want to get into the semantics) the graphics *are* part of the experience. Graphics can hurt immersion, contrary to popular belief on numerous forums.

This is more like because Spike Chunsoft cheaped out to get on a smaller cartridge. The sound was bad not because of console but because of the compression.

I stand corrected. Ouch.

Gradon

Weirdly enough, Amazon.co.uk has a listing for this at £31 (about the price a EU physical would cost). I preordered it ages ago anywayx the listing says that the publisher is Aksys so it'll probably just be a US import. Does anyone know why Rising Star isn't doing a EU physical? 😞

Prelude.

Just how much does Amazon US charge for shipping to Europe?
I don't know but the canadian dollar is a better option for europe and I'm pretty sure that Amazon US includes customs fees right in the checkout, while you can avoid them with VG+.

Weirdly enough, Amazon.co.uk has a listing for this at £31 (about the price a EU physical would cost). I preordered it ages ago anywayx the listing says that the publisher is Aksys so it'll probably just be a US import. Does anyone know why Rising Star isn't doing a EU physical? 😞
Because Aksys wants all the money.

First off, Rising Star isn't involved with ZTD at all. I think it's Aksys' first foray into the EU, correct me if I'm wrong.

And to be honest I'd prefer having both VA options over a physical copy :p

(I'm importing the Vita version from the US though so I can't complain lol)

takoyaki

On the wiki page it says th developer is Chime. Were they the developer of VLR? I couldn't find anything on them.

I looked into them as well. The only Japanese developer called ‘Chime’ I could find are those guys, but their website hasn’t been updated in ages and their last notable game was ‘Napple Tale’ on Dreamcast. No idea if that’s the same dev, they worked on a number of licensed games though.

http://www.chime.co.jp/

If someone has an idea to find out who they are other than googling, they are called 有限会社チャイム (limited company chime) on the Spike Chunsoft website.

Prelude.

I prefer the 3DS version if only for being able to write my notes. Probably sticking to my guns.
You can write them in the Vita version as well. The games always had a wonky input recognition though, I remember struggling to write properly even in 999. Hopefully they got the hang of it after 6 years.

GSR

Well, jumping right back into things I see.

6ogsMB7.jpg

71SYpQZ.jpg
HqRCM88.jpg

Translation said:
Carlos:
The answer... what's the answer?
Akane:
Junpei, you know about the morphogenetic field theory.
Junpei:
That was a long time ago.

Granted that first screen seems to be happening at a different time than the latter two, but with all the talk of
antidotes and poisons
in the other screens in the gallery, looks like a
scenario lock moment
to me.

wrowa

There are new screens showing the difference between the 3ds and vita versions
Vita
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=GAME-0016048&page=
3DS
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=GAME-0016035&page=
3DS version looks pretty rough... The vita and presumably pc version look like the way to go on this one

Does it really? I'm actually surprised the 3DS version holds up this well. Vita version is obviously better-looking (and it's the one I'll buy), but the 3DS version looks quite good as well in those screens.

I just hope that both Vita and 3DS shots aren't bullshots, though. The weird Vita screens that got released during GDC looked awful.

cj_iwakura

You can write them in the Vita version as well. The games always had a wonky input recognition though, I remember struggling to write properly even in 999. Hopefully they got the hang of it after 6 years.

I think it's better(and easier) on the 3DS thanks to having the stylus and all, but I never tried the Vita version of VLR.

Well, jumping right back into things I see.

Granted that first screen seems to be happening at a different time than the latter two, but with all the talk of
antidotes and poisons
scenario lock moment
to me.

Wait wait, hold up, is that writing on the wall like the Two Milkmen Go Comedy anagram in VLR? Behind Junpei, I mean?

Jintor

antidotes and poisons
scenario lock moment
to me.

lol. the kanji i couldn't read was 'morphogenetic field theory'. I'm okay with not knowing those kanji i guess

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

also

Banned
I will be buying the 3DS version for sure; superior note taking + seamless switching between information >>>>>> fancier graphics. Maybe they will even sneak in some tiny Easter egg only possible with dual screens; nothing as huge as in 999, but maybe a nice surprise like they did it for VLR.
I should really go on a media black out now...
I think it's better(and easier) on the 3DS thanks to having the stylus and all, but I never tried the Vita version of VLR.
You can try the demo to see how bad it is.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
I will be buying the 3DS version for sure; superior note taking + seamless switching between information >>>>>> fancier graphics. Maybe they will even sneak in some tiny Easter egg only possible with dual screens; nothing as huge as in 999, but maybe a nice surprise like they did it for VLR.
I should really go on a media black out now...

You can try the demo to see how bad it is.

Wait what was the easter egg in the 3DS version? And was the Vita demo really bad? I consider the Vita version to be the better version of VLR.

Wait what was the easter egg in the 3DS version? And was the Vita demo really bad? I consider the Vita version to be the better version of VLR.

(Huge VLR spoiler)
On 3DS, the lower screen has scanlines which foreshadow that Sigma has a cyber eye

On Vita, the demo's only flaw is that the menus are slow as fuck for some reason

also

Banned
By "bad" I meant trying to take notes using VITA's touch screen. Using your finger is awful and even if you bought a capacitive stylus, it was still worse than on 3DS. The second screen also negates the need for pen and paper, so I prefer the 3DS version.

The VITA version looks better and doesn't suffer from the crashes and save corruption bugs that plague the 3DS version, though.

Jintor

By "bad" I meant trying to take notes using VITA's touch screen. Using your finger is awful and even if you bought a capacitive stylus, it was still worse than on 3DS. The second screen also negates the need for pen and paper, so I prefer the 3DS version.

pen and paper da best tho

As a not-proud owner of an OG 3DS, who also predominantly uses a Vita, I chortle heartily at the thought of 3DS being the superior version. It looks so damn bad.

grim-tales

Yeah, I hope it hasnt been cut.
Or maybe D is just a placeholder rating. Wonder what Uchi says?
On the other hand if it does end up being that, it is a higher rating than 999 (CERO C) or VLR (same) and 999 was darker than VLR.

Yeah, I hope it hasnt been cut.
Or maybe D is just a placeholder rating. Wonder what Uchi says?
On the other hand if it does end up being that, it is a higher rating than 999 (CERO C) or VLR (same) and 999 was darker than VLR.

I just hope we do see a lot of stuff like (trailer spoiler)
a fried Q___________
and without censorship or mitigation (as in, terrible things happen onscreen).

Also, I'm a fucking idiot but I only just realised (VLR MEGATON SPOILER)
that LUNA'S NAME IS "LUNA" BECAUSE SHE WAS DEVELOPED AND BUILT ON THE FUCKING MOON. THERE WAS A HUGE-ASS CLUE ABOUT WHERE WE WERE EVER SINCE WE MET HER IN WAREHOUSE A, HOLY FUCK

GSR

Guys, chill. Uchi was just speculating the game would have a Z rating; ratings boards are nothing if not fickle. (See also: Ace Attorney 5 getting an M rating from the ESRB.)

Also worth noting that even if the game were censored in Japan that doesn't necessarily mean it would be in America/Europe as well. (See also: Until Dawn as a recent example.)

grim-tales

True. I was surprised by the rating for AA5 but it does touch on the darker, psychological elements more than the other games imo.

Bowlie

Banned
Also, I'm a fucking idiot but I only just realised (VLR MEGATON SPOILER)
that LUNA'S NAME IS "LUNA" BECAUSE SHE WAS DEVELOPED AND BUILT ON THE FUCKING MOON. THERE WAS A HUGE-ASS CLUE ABOUT WHERE WE WERE EVER SINCE WE MET HER IN WAREHOUSE A, HOLY FUCK

Okay, so how about this? Diana is the goddess of the moon.

grim-tales

Guys, chill. Uchi was just speculating the game would have a Z rating; ratings boards are nothing if not fickle. (See also: Ace Attorney 5 getting an M rating from the ESRB.)

Also worth noting that even if the game were censored in Japan that doesn't necessarily mean it would be in America/Europe as well. (See also: Until Dawn as a recent example.)

BIB: I hadnt thought of that :)

Top Bottom