• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) featured in Famitsu

blacksark

looks like there’s a good chance the game really will be out this summer

screenshot2016-03-09a35jw5.png

screenshot2016-03-09apws04.png

https://twitter.com/Aksys_June

All over my face.

I really need this game right now. I also really hope in the true ending Junpei ends up with Akane, because if not...

I hope a trailer launches soon so I can put it on repeat until the game releases. Gosh, I can't wait to get this game.

NotLiquid

Something's bothering me....

Having Zero stand with the cast is odd.
999/VLR spoilers
In these games its traditional/a pattern to cast suspicion that "Zero" is one of the main participants. This time we dont have that....

Plot twist - Zero turns out to be
the Left/Dio clone
and is a fucking liar in this game.

Shun

Does Phi wear a fucking Mickey Mouse costume or what?
I really hoped that would be a skirt. Now she just looks a bit too ridiculous :(

Phi outfit with her high waist shorts is hella cute what.

Akane design make her look younger than before but I like the outfit choice too.

While I really, really dig the idea of voiced and animated "cinema mode", I'm really scared that these will turn out rather...err... stiff...
You know, like in many Jrpgs where they talk and move like ugly dolls, despite the good graphics. For example here in Xenoblade Chronicles:

https://youtu.be/0YEhVPZjgMk?t=1001

Of course I love that game and I will love ZE3 whatever happens.
I'm really interested in the fragments thing and how they will play out.

About Zero being shown as part of the cast
Clones, much? Or even other shenanigans. I'm sure that the Zero unmasking will be one of the major twist. Imagine if under the mask there's Akane. It's crazy, but I can expect something like this.

CrazyDude

You know there sure are lots of Qs in the series. Door q in 999, Room Q, Building Q for this game, and Q building in 999.

Bowlie

Banned
You know there sure are lots of Qs in the series. Door q in 999, Room Q, Building Q for this game, and Q building in 999.

So what you're saying is that he was born there? And as a literal offspring of the games, he'll know everything and fuck shit up in ZE3?

Or maybe not.

Hylian7

Saw the scans

B E A U T I F U L

I'm curious what the 3DS version looks like though. Obviously the resolution won't be Vita resolution, but will there be a downgrade in visual quality for the 3DS too.

I will be super impressed if it still looks like that on 3DS (save for resolution).

Saw the scans

B E A U T I F U L

I'm curious what the 3DS version looks like though. Obviously the resolution won't be Vita resolution, but will there be a downgrade in visual quality for the 3DS too.

I will be super impressed if it still looks like that on 3DS (save for resolution).

Well at least the 3DS has 3D to mitigate its atrocious resolution somewhat.

I can't help but get a feeling that the game could've been sprites instead had it not been on 3DS.

redhood56

Banned
Saw the scans too, god damn what a step up from VLR. Also the "fragments" look
like they are in kind of random. Maybe we unlock the events not in order? Also in one screen you could see zero but there are what looks like cell doors so maybe that's at the beginning and the teams meet up there when they want to exchange knowledge? Also this kinda confirms that zero isn't one of the participants

Saw the scans

B E A U T I F U L

The screens of the locker puzzle look to be the 3DS version.

Although there's no characters to judge it on in that image.

grim-tales

Thanks! Wow, the 3D looks beautiful!
Looks like
Akane has a fever again, or something worse? Kanny.... KANNYYYYYYY!

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
like they are in kind of random. Maybe we unlock the events not in order? Also in one screen you could see zero but there are what looks like cell doors so maybe that's at the beginning and the teams meet up there when they want to exchange knowledge? Also this kinda confirms that zero isn't one of the participants

My guess is that the fragments will be some of the most important scenes, so you can view them again to remember a bit of info mentioned in them that might be useful for a puzzle or something similar.

I just saw the scans and yep, the game looks perfect (I feel like I'm overusing this word but so far everything really is perfect!)

The character models this time around have translated so well from 2D to 3D. I couldn't be happier with how the game looks and feels!

NotLiquid

About Zero being shown as part of the cast
Clones, much? Or even other shenanigans. I'm sure that the Zero unmasking will be one of the major twist. Imagine if under the mask there's Akane. It's crazy, but I can expect something like this.

So that's how Junpei gets the girl in the end lol

I do wonder why there is a kid at a Mars testing site.

I was going to venture he wasn't necessarily BROUGHT there per se, but they've only had 6 days

edit: Wait,
What's the "dormant period" for the Rad-6 virus to show its symptoms after infection?

edit: Wait,
What's the "dormant period" for the Rad-6 virus to show its symptoms after infection?

I don't think there's an actual dormant period. The slowdowns start really soon, the suicidal tendencies start even after a few hours, judging by VLR...

entremet

Anyone else didn't care for the puzzle design of VLR versus 999.

I honestly YTed most of the solutions out of boredom. I enjoyed 999's puzzles, including the amazing final puzzle.

Moreover, they added the extra solution or complete solution, which was just more annoying padding.

Please fix the puzzles.

Marow

like they are in kind of random. Maybe we unlock the events not in order?
Maybe there's simply no proper timeline this time around. It will involve multiple universes which fail (and possibly eventually succeeds).

Anyone else didn't care for the puzzle design of VLR versus 999.

I honestly YTed most of the solutions out of boredom. I enjoyed 999's puzzles, including the amazing final puzzle.

Moreover, they added the extra solution or complete solution, which was just more annoying padding.

Please fix the puzzles.
I didn't really like the puzzles in VLR either. Well, some were great, but many (especially that final room) just... bore me and even put the story to a halt. I much preferred 999's which, while puzzles, put more emphasize on using the environmental puzzles to tell a story.

Soriku

I'm wondering how willing the teams will be to killing their own members, if that's possible.

Also even though the teams are split I hope all the teams have decent communication with each other.

Gotta say, I'm kinda going to miss the whole 'Zero is one of you' aspect from 999 and VLR.

Also even though the teams are split I hope all the teams have decent communication with each other.

Pretty much everyone is hoping for this. Maybe the trailer will show them all interacting with each other.

You're jumping to a big assumption that it won't be one of them.

If anything I suspect the 3 player character thing is to stop the immediate guessing of "ah-ha, the player character is zero again!"

In 999 we were introduced to Zero as a separate character but it turned out he was
2 of the characters involved.
Don't rule it out.

You know what, I think you guys are right. This is a Zero Escape game after all! I guess just because they don't specifically say 'one of you is Zero' doesn't mean it's the case even though he/she is actually visible and seems to be more involved/shown this time.

DNAbro

The dog is zero.

Also some actual thoughts. VLR spoilers.
We still don't know who ? was at the end of VLR right? whose consciousness will he be taking over for? Also the group that released Radical-6 was part of the group the Left/Dio was from right?

Soulflarz

Banned
So
Purple hair

The dog is Phido.

Also some actual thoughts. VLR spoilers.
We still don't know who ? was at the end of VLR right? whose consciousness will he be taking over for? Also the group that released Radical-6 was part of the group the Left/Dio was from right?

FTFY

And...sort of...I mean
it's implied it was you, the actual real life player. Or a character from Ever17, which you hear ties the two series together from some people, I haven't played Ever17, and I'm not going to spoil who that'd be. And the group that released radical 6 is Free The Soul. In Japanese the Myrmidons are phonetically 'clay dolls', aka an allusion to cradle, cradle pharmaceuticals. Free the Soul funded the first Nonary Game, and their robes are the ones Snake wears in 999. Also, their logo is the infinity symbol, causing others to again tie the two toge-zzzzzzzz I haven't played both so I'm not going to remark either way

Setsu00

Considering how many puns there are in these games, it's most likely related to the fact that Q is pronounced as kyuu in Japanese which in turn makes it homophone with the Japanese pronounciation of 9.

Dialogue in those caps:

"It's almost time to turn in."
"There's poison... inside of us?!"
"Well? What are we gonna do? What the hell are we gonna do?!"

Nachos

I realized something that wasn't immediately obvious to me, since I haven't played VLR with Japanese audio: (VLR endgame spoilers)
Daisuke Ono voices Sigma in ZTD and K in VLR. That'd mean that, at least in Japan, Chunsoft is pushing Ono as Sigma's voice for the series (VLR's epilogue wasn't voiced in Japanese). Kosuke Toriumi voiced Sigma in the OVA, but that whole thing might as well be considered non-canon. It'd also make sense, seeing as how Kyle is a perfect clone of Sigma. It makes me wonder if Willingham might take over the part, or if Mercer will (I still don't see Baker returning).

grim-tales

Considering how many puns there are in these games, it's most likely related to the fact that Q is pronounced as kyuu in Japanese which in turn makes it homophone with the Japanese pronounciation of 9.

Oh shit! :eek:

maxresdefault.jpg

Could that kid be this game's
9th Man
?

Dialogue in those caps:

"It's almost time to turn in."
"There's poison... inside of us?!"
"Well? What are we gonna do? What the hell are we gonna do?!"

If they're already poisoned, wonder if the watches work the other way round to the ones in 999/VLR, as in they contain the antidote to get the contestants to comply

NotLiquid

Huh. I just noticed something rather... odd.

If you look at the scans that went up that show Phi up close in full render, has anyone noticed that she seems to actually have ginger-colored eyebrows? It's not a matter of miscoloration either; they're explicitly of a different color than her hair, and not the color I'd expect. In fact, the color matches up to Diana's hair.

Something about that is... strangely suspect and sticks out.
Sigma and Diana's child confirmed

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm fully expecting some fan theory to become too true and solve the game early like MGSV where if you had actually looked into it at all you knew the twist in MGSV for sure, then GZ got ported to PC and people datamined it for confirmation of the theory lol.

Somehow the masses missed this, but yeah, MGSV's twist was confirmed pre release >_>
Regardless of people actually shouting it as a theory from the moment the first trailer aired.

Hylian7

I'm fully expecting some fan theory to become too true and solve the game early like MGSV where if you had actually looked into it at all you knew the twist in MGSV for sure, then GZ got ported to PC and people datamined it for confirmation of the theory lol.

Somehow the masses missed this, but yeah, MGSV's twist was confirmed pre release >_>
Regardless of people actually shouting it as a theory from the moment the first trailer aired.

I kind of doubt that. People figured out some things about VLR, but they definitely didn't figure out the big stuff.

FluxWaveZ

MGSV had little story and the little of it that was there was practically all shown in pre-release media. Not a great comparison to a VN like Zero Escape.

Soriku

MGSV had little story and the little of it that was there was practically all shown in pre-release media. Not a great comparison to a VN like Zero Escape.

Plus these games have a 100 different plot twists and mysteries introduced as the game strings you along, with context being important, so there's no way any theories would "solve the game". Not in its entirety or even close.

There's also the question of how much they will show of this game before the Summer. The game is presumably a few months out.

Top Bottom