• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) featured in Famitsu

weyltDB.jpg

gwQMQ5V.jpg

Looks pretty awesome :)

where's snake?

ftfy

Looking good.

I did really enjoy VLR, but a lot of it wasn't quite satisfying for me, particularly stuff that was directly related to events or characters from 999, and it left me feeling that 999 may have been best left as a single game. Hoping ZTD can justify the sequels.

redhood56

Banned
I really wonder how they are going to voice zero, since this is the first time they will be voiced
with the mask on

Man Akane looks different, artsyle change really affected her.

Someone else said this when the black and white art piece of hers was shown, but I think it looks a lot like her (considering the switch from 2D to 3D), just with a different hair style. She's still got the whole 'I'm so delicate' thing going on and even her clothes are very Akane if that makes sense at all.

I feel the need to protect her just like in 999!

So, what team are you guys rooting for? Is it Team C? Team Q? Team D? I honestly can't pick, they all have something great about them!

It's going to be shocking seeing the characters we all know and love get back stabbed (maybe literally LOL) in this game. I can see it now, it's going to be so twisted and uncomfortable.

Bowlie

Banned
I expect teams C and D to have some issues between their members (
old Sigma will act differently than his younger self near Phi?
).

I'll start, if possible, with team Q because that looks like a comedy show. A kid with an impractical helmet, a crazy ice-cream vendor and a woman who loves him.

Zolo

I wonder if how you progress through the game affects the ending like going further through with team D before team Q or something.

If I had to take a guess on the puzzle structure:

-1 puzzle for all 9 people in the beginning. After that, everyone splits into three teams of 3.
-All 3 teams solve another puzzle respective to them.
-Someone dies. This branches into 2 more puzzles that a team of 2 has to tackle (I'm assuming that if the protagonist of each team dies it's an instant game over).
-Someone dies again (the one who is not the protagonist). Now there's a puzzle for just the one person remaining, so another 2 per team based on who died first. Ending is acquired after that based on who is alive in which teams.
-In the true ending, there will be 1 final puzzle to solve. Somehow everyone lives (actually, this may not be the case this time around) and they do this puzzle together.

So that is 1 + 3 + (3 * 2) + (3 * 2) + 1 = 17 puzzle rooms.

Just speculation, of course. =P

There is totally a team zero

LOL.

Team 0:

Mr. Bird Man.
Gab the dog.
??????????

If I had to take a guess on the puzzle structure:

-1 puzzle for all 9 people in the beginning. After that, everyone splits into three teams of 3.
-All 3 teams solve another puzzle respective to them.
-Someone dies. This branches into 2 more puzzles that a team of 2 has to tackle (I'm assuming that if the protagonist of each team dies it's an instant game over).
-Someone dies again (the one who is not the protagonist). Now there's a puzzle for just the one person remaining, so another 2 per team based on who died first. Ending is acquired after that based on who is alive in which teams.
-In the true ending, there will be 1 final puzzle to solve. Somehow everyone lives (actually, this may not be the case this time around) and they do this puzzle together.

So that is 1 + 3 + (3 * 2) + (3 * 2) + 1 = 17 puzzle rooms.

Just speculation, of course. =P

Oooooh I like this! I love how death is such a big factor this time by the way. We're gonna see some dark shit!

I do really like how it's split up with 999 team, VLR team and ZTD team. Pretty cool stuff.

Yep, I really love it too.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Speculation on 999/VLR/ZTD:
What if Ace was not, in fact, Gentarou Hongou?
Theory: Gentarou Hongou is Brother. He created both Free the Soul and Cradle Pharamaceuticals as a marriage between science and his own esper powers, and is still at large. Ace, in fact, is the first clone of Left, Gentarou Hongou's brother, created to resemble Left as he would have aged.. He had some defects, like Prosopagnosia. Hongou knew that he would be targeted along with the rest of the cradle executives for the second nonary game, so he had the clone assume his identity. Akane and Santa thought they were capturing Hongou, and everyone thought that Hongou was now in police custody after the events of the second nonary game. Ace was not Hongou. Rather, he was Hongou's "Ace" against Akane and Santa, a decoy which allowed him to go into hiding and prepare for his ultimate plans for Free The Soul, culminating at the Mars Test Site, which saw the release of Radical-6 upon humanity.

If you compare the picture of a younger Hongou/Hongou from the first nonary game, he looks like a more adult version of Dio, even from the way he dresses.

TLDR: Gentarou Hongou is Zero/Brother. Ace was a first generation Left clone which served as a decoy Hongou for the second nonary game. Brother proceeded with his plans and Free the Soul unleashed radical 6 at the mars test site. Dio was a 4th generation left clone which infiltrated the Ambidex Game, but was ultimately unsuccessful at stopping Dr. Klim

And now it's time to correct the past

CrazyDude

What if ? at the end of VLR is the dog! I mean since he is the only one who can cross between section through the vent and is the only one who can send messages between groups.

Hylian7

Theory: Gentarou Hongou is Brother. He created both Free the Soul and Cradle Pharamaceuticals as a marriage between science and his own esper powers, and is still at large. Ace, in fact, is the first clone of Left, Gentarou Hongou's brother, created to resemble Left as he would have aged.. He had some defects, like Prosopagnosia. Hongou knew that he would be targeted along with the rest of the cradle executives for the second nonary game, so he had the clone assume his identity. Akane and Santa thought they were capturing Hongou, and everyone thought that Hongou was now in police custody after the events of the second nonary game. Ace was not Hongou. Rather, he was Hongou's "Ace" against Akane and Santa, a decoy which allowed him to go into hiding and prepare for his ultimate plans for Free The Soul, culminating at the Mars Test Site, which saw the release of Radical-6 upon humanity.

If you compare the picture of a younger Hongou/Hongou from the first nonary game, he looks like a more adult version of Dio, even from the way he dresses.

TLDR: Gentarou Hongou is Zero/Brother. Ace was a first generation Left clone which served as a decoy Hongou for the second nonary game. Brother proceeded with his plans and Free the Soul unleashed radical 6 at the mars test site. Dio was a 4th generation left clone which infiltrated the Ambidex Game, but was ultimately unsuccessful at stopping Dr. Klim

I think Uchikoshi already confirmed that he wasn't part of FTS, but his company (Cradle) was manipulated by them.

Man I'm gonna need a refresher before I play this game as I've apparently forgotten more than I've though I did. Also I'm glad they're continuing the tradition of having a sexy brown woman in the cast.

Wait was Lotus actually that brown?

Man I'm gonna need a refresher before I play this game as I've apparently forgotten more than I've though I did. Also I'm glad they're continuing the tradition of having a sexy brown woman in the cast.

Wait was Lotus actually that brown?

I think the only dark-skinned person in the 999 group was Seven. Remember, everyone in 999 was Japanese, and most Japanese people are light-skinned.

Astarte

Will the twist be related to Remember11 or Ever17? Will the twist be that there is absolutely no twist and everything just a play like Mario 3?

Soriku

It was already confirmed in VLR that Hongou sucked up to FTS so he could get his hands on their money for his research.

Also why do you say Zero/Brother? Zero may not be Brother.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It was already confirmed in VLR that Hongou sucked up to FTS so he could get his hands on their money for his research.

Also why do you say Zero/Brother? Zero may not be Brother.

It's a theory. :3

Now that we know a bit more about how the game is structured, I'm wondering what part the user interface will play...

*999 & VLR Spoilers*

Since both previous entries had a twist built into how the game is actually displayed, (the Junpei/Akane splitscreen of 999, and the secretly old Sigma of VLR), it'll be interesting to see if they try to have something similar planned for ZTD. With three separate protagonists it might be a bit tough, but that's what makes it even more intriguing.

Zolo

Now that we know a bit more about how the game is structured, I'm wondering what part the user interface will play...

*999 & VLR Spoilers*

Since both previous entries had a twist built into how the game is actually displayed, (the Junpei/Akane splitscreen of 999, and the secretly old Sigma of VLR), it'll be interesting to see if they try to have something similar planned for ZTD. With three separate protagonists it might be a bit tough, but that's what makes it even more intriguing.

It sounds like the dog'll be used to deliver messages between teams, so there'll probably be something up with that.

UberTag

Can anyone tell me what's up with Phi's eyebrows?
They weren't exactly white in Virtue's Last Reward but here they seem to match Diana's hair color and it's weirding me out just a tad.
Huh. I just noticed something rather... odd.

If you look at the scans that went up that show Phi up close in full render, has anyone noticed that she seems to actually have ginger-colored eyebrows? It's not a matter of miscoloration either; they're explicitly of a different color than her hair, and not the color I'd expect. In fact, the color matches up to Diana's hair.

Something about that is... strangely suspect and sticks out.
Sigma and Diana's child confirmed
For reference...

Phi%20-%20ZTD.jpg
char_83300.jpg

Phi's eyebrows are distinctly a different color. All of the other ZTD renders are quite clear about color uniformity between hair and eyebrows. And the color matches Diana's precisely.

For reference...

Phi%20-%20ZTD.jpg
char_83300.jpg

Phi's eyebrows are distinctly a different color. All of the other ZTD renders are quite clear about color uniformity between hair and eyebrows. And the color matches Diana's precisely.

Hmm, is this another big plot twist staring right at us in the face like how
Sigma's hair had a touch of grey to it and a different colour eye in the early art for VLR?

EDIT: What's with the shadow around her hair? Don't tell me it's a wig and this is some sort of an imposter? That might explain the glasses? Hmm....

I might be going crazy.

UberTag

EDIT: What's with the shadow around her hair? Don't tell me it's a wig and this is some sort of an imposter? That might explain the glasses? Hmm....

I might be going crazy.
I don't think you're going crazy at all.

Hell, I'd consider it highly surprising if all four of Junpei, Akane, Phi and Sigma were the genuine article. I'm expecting all sorts of shenanigans.

I don't think you're going crazy at all.

Hell, I'd consider it highly surprising if all four of Junpei, Akane, Phi and Sigma were the genuine article. I'm expecting all sorts of shenanigans.

Yeah, I'd put NOTHING past Uchikoshi. Phi's glasses have suddenly become very suspicious.

Top Bottom